Offensive points and defensive turn overs and points

Seahawker

Reaction score
Again, ignoring the other guy. Got it. You hate DK, congrats.
Your propensity for criticizing fellow posters for having an opinion is growing old, that seems to be your shtick. Why don't you try continuing your rah rah crusade without interjecting a counter view about every other post 24/7.
BTW, why immediately use the word "hate"?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not even close, but ok. We all have opinions, we discuss them, that's it. How about you worry about yourself and stop worrying about me. Feel free to put me on ignore. It's easy to do. BASF and I don't really get along, but I'm cool with him. It's not personal. We take shots at each other from time to time. Big deal.

keasley45

Reaction score
Shocker, another shot at DK. It's like morning coffee, always there.

If we're going to talk about what if's........how about the SEVERAL passes that were easy Picks that Geno threw? Especially late season. SEVERAL.
Clearly some guys are above criticism, while other guys (DK, Adams, Brooks etc.) are daily whipping boys.
I think he was just making the point that Geno would have passed the 4 td hurdle if DK had caught the ball. That drop shouldn't be on Geno.
It's not a knock on DK

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. I don't agree, but that's ok. DK has plenty of room to improve. And he will.
Point taken though. Hate is a strong word. I'd like to see these 4 dropped TD passes, but I'll take your word for it.
I apologize, def. got a little worked over something minor.

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
I remember several threads about Hass not throwing a good ball because of all the drops.

I remember that as well.

I remember Doug Baldwin going thru a couple of rough periods during his career.

It all got worked out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
True, and while I will almost always stick for DK, he absolutely does sometimes drop passes he needs to catch. Most WR's at some point go thru it. It's crazy to think about Jerry Rice as a rookie, he had several drops. I heard someone say on a radio broadcast that he had 15 drops as a rookie. Damn.

Last edited:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I looked up Metcalf's drop rate pct last season and it was 5% which was about middle of the pack (#67). Most regard Deebo Samuel as a top 10 WR and he had a drop rate pct of 9.6%. Almost double that of DK.
Tyler Lockett had a drop rate of 1.7% tied for #12 on the list.

Last edited:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Here's a link to an article published late 2022 regarding DK - https://www.fieldgulls.com/2022/12/...ond-the-numbers-seattle-seahawks-nfl-analysis

The author hints to Shane Waldron being a big factor on why DK's numbers have taken a small dip the past couple of years. DK is still producing but the author seems to believe his numbers are not as good the past two seasons as they were in his first two seasons.

rcaido

Reaction score
Geno had very good season last year but a poor 2nd half. I dont think he will be in the top 5 in TDs and will probably have a lot more turnovers this season. His first 9 games he had only 22 bad throws as he wasn't ask to do much, then second half 49 bad throws. Almost 2 1/2 times more. His turnover in the first half was 4 int, 1 fumble, second half 8 int & 4 fumble. Seem like the more they ask of Geno he struggles and has bad decisions. Geno also was very lucky, he had the 2nd most turn over worthy plays.

Our defense, is "slightly" better then last season. We might be able to break into the top 20 defense. Sadly i think Wagner will drop off level of play, Adams will probably miss half the season, and teams will have a field day running down our throats again this year.

If we can maintain a running game & average defense, Geno will do fine. If not, 2nd half season all over again.

OP
OP
H

Hawk4life

Reaction score
Geno has started 51 games, his record is 22-29. That is a significant stat pool. Based on his early career stats, last year was amazing. He is a veteran and it showed.

I’ll agree that he seems all in but how much better do you realistically believe he can be? I’m just looking for a 4 TD game but that might need to happen regularly if we can’t depend on our running game or defense.

When we had Marshawn and the LOB all we needed from RW was to take care of the ball and not get sacked. Thankfully he was a bit more.

Geno is what he is so now we need a defense that can keep the score low and create turnovers. We also need a running game that we can depend on. Do we have it? We are about to find out.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Geno is what he is so now we need a defense that can keep the score low and create turnovers. We also need a running game that we can depend on. Do we have it? We are about to find out.

With Walker, Charbonnet and even McIntosh this should be the deepest nastiest run game in the league.

The interior line is a question mark still, but if the line can come together? Should lead to one of the top rushing attacks in the league, which will only make Geno better.

OP
OP
H

Hawk4life

Reaction score
With Walker, Charbonnet and even McIntosh this should be the deepest nastiest run game in the league.

The interior line is a question mark still, but if the line can come together? Should lead to one of the top rushing attacks in the league, which will only make Geno better.
Hell yeah, If all goes well I'm hoping our run to pass percentage is similar to 2013. We were the highest running team in 2013, 54.8% run to 45.2% pass.

You can be a bit predictable when you're unstoppable. :cool:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well running up the middle in the RZ against the Rams, is playing to their strengths. Makes no sense.
Our strength is our WR and TE group. The Rams weakness is their secondary.
Lets run at their strength, the DL?