With all these picks and if Geno resigns…

willyrobt

Reaction score
I know there are other posts about this but, as the season progresses and Geno solidifies (i.e, he still ain’t writing back) his position, we see Walker emerge as a pure gem, our rookie CBS are simply incredible, and we don’t even have to mention our tackles and guys like Mafe….what do we do in the next draft?

I’m thinking this…feel free to put it in order or add to:
DT, Edge, LB ,
OG, Center….first five picks. Snatch a diamond in the rough QB somewhere. Or
Wait for 2024
I think we should look for a good young QB. I like that guy at Washinton. He would make a good backup and have time to learn his craft.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Was just saying they didn't pass on the opportunity to try to upgrade the position.

And they still didn't, by trading away a quickly declining QB for what will go down as one of the most lopsided trades in NFL history.

If Hawk fans don't trust Pete and John by now with player evaluation and development with what we've seen them do with Russ, and now Geno's resurrection? Then idk what to tell you.

If there's a QB they target in the draft? Then they have MORE than enough draft capital now to go get him. If not? Then 2-3 more years of Geno will be just fine with how much draft capital and cap our FO has to drastically upgrade the roster for another SB run.

keasley45

Reaction score
And they still didn't, by trading away a quickly declining QB for what will go down as one of the most lopsided trades in NFL history.

If Hawk fans don't trust Pete and John by now with player evaluation and development with what we've seen them do with Russ, and now Geno's resurrection? Then idk what to tell you.

If there's a QB they target in the draft? Then they have MORE than enough draft capital now to go get him. If not? Then 2-3 more years of Geno will be just fine with how much draft capital and cap our FO has to drastically upgrade the roster for another SB run.
Agree on all points

Ozzy

Reaction score
Agree on all points
I'm half in here. They had a few years of terrible drafting but like I've said elsewhere they deserve a ton of credit for re-evaluating thier process last year and having an incredible draft. I can't say after one year of nailing the draft I'm 100% confident they will nail the next draft though. I hope they do but there is more evidence they won't at this point. They nailed the Russ trade, this last class and I love the changes they've made but I'm still proceeding with caution.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with wanting them to wait a little before doing an extension. On the other side, if he continues to ball out the price goes up.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I honestly think Geno would give Pete and John the first right of refusal on any deal he finds in free agency. He loves it here that much, and respects the hell out of Pete for sticking by him and giving him this opportunity.
I agree. Even looking at it purely selfishly, Geno will think he can do better in Seattle than in many other places. He's already had the experience struggling elsewhere, he's seen Russ struggling in Denver, and I think he realizes that our current scheme and personnel is a pretty good fit for his skillset.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I agree. Even looking at it purely selfishly, Geno will think he can do better in Seattle than in many other places. He's already had the experience struggling elsewhere, he's seen Russ struggling in Denver, and I think he realizes that our current scheme and personnel is a pretty good fit for his skillset.
This^ He's already finding his groove with THIS O-Line, his TE's & Receivers, and also, there seems to be some Mind-Melding going on between he and Shane Waldron.
Geno KNOWS that he has yet to hit his full stride playing in Seattle, IF he picks up & moves on to another venue, I'm damned sure he knows that the Refitting would come with some adversities, and or hiccups.
I doubt JS will lowball (insult) him, but this team is STILL REFITTING and is by no means a done deal yet so, Geno has to know that they won't hamstring the rest of the teams needs by giving him a ridicules contract...Just my 2 cents.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
There is much more to an equation than that. A players career is a limited opportunity. Sure they all want to win but $$$ plays a huge factor in most of these decisions. I think those players picking specific teams have either won enough to satisfy their competitive spirt or have been paid enough already. I think playing for a specific franchise is an easier decision when all else is equal.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I think we need a DT more than an edge. Robinson will be back. Mafe will be a year wiser. Taylor will have had time to learn the new position.

Al Woods will be 36 though. That's not going to get any better in the offseason.

DT, EDGE, MLB, C would be my prioritized list.

Blythe knows the offense and was a necessary evil this year, but we could use a little more length and sand there.
I think I'm with you on this, I wonder if there is a talent for interior defensive line that is worthy of such a high pick. A bad ass center or interior offensive line would be cool, then edge , linebacker, safety .
Of course Seattle will do something totally different 😂.
I've learned my lesson regarding Pete Carroll and John Schneider. They know what's up.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Do whatever one can to pick the best possible QB. The one Schneider likes. Geno will be a nice bridge for a couple of years (possibly franchise tagged). Then just Best Player Available all the way. Maybe some emphasis to D-line. One gets in trouble when focusing on needs in the draft.

Last edited:

olyfan63

Reaction score
Let's say the 'Hawks get pick #6 via Denver... I could see them trading down for, say, #10 plus another early/mid-2nd rounder, depending on how they value the different talent ranges in the draft, e.g., talent at #6 thru #15 all grade out in the same range, then a major dropoff after #15, and players #16 thru #40 are closely grouped.

I wouldn't mind seeing them do that, and get a DT at #10, and a LB at #45, IF they have players they like and are targeting that can be gotten there. Hypothetical example only, not grounded in talent base of THIS upcoming draft. Hawks might need more "good" players to plug leaks from FA losses and injury losses. If there is another Kenneth Walker III or Jonathan Taylor available at RB, I hope they use a 2nd rounder on him; we need quality depth there, like that Cowboys #20 that is killing it for them.