Wilson wanted to go to a city that "Wants to Win"

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Even though RW3 is a former player, he's talking about Seattle so I posted in the Seahawks thread. Feel free to move if needed, but I thought this might be interesting to some...

I was looking forward to NOT having to view his empty comments and accountability escapes, but it seems that I'm the one who can't escape. I wonder how much he pays his publicity team because there's no getting around him. Annoying.

Msfann

Reaction score
He quit on us. Fark him. I hope he breaks the record for getting sacked this year. But not get hurt.

No we don't prefer he stayed because he is a hypocrite windbag. I want to be here my whole carer, I want to be an owner of this team blah blah blah. The second things didn't go his way he told all of us fans he was full of shiat and just talking out of his ass and that we can all eat shiat since he has new fans in denver.

keasley45

Reaction score
I think in Russ, we had the Miles Davis of Qbs. Miles is one of the best jazz trumpet players in the history of the genre. AND, he couldn't read sheet music at all. So he could wow you with his natural ability - ability FAR beyond what other geniuses could do, but he wasn't going to sit down and lead 1st chair in the local band.

But Miles never pretended to be anything but Miles. Easier to do as a solo artist. Trouble for Russ is that Ike Miles, he's s soloist in an orchestra trying to read sheet music and can't. And instead of polishing his craft, he blamed the band leader, trombones, strings composer and now apparently the audience for nit appreciating good music and for not being able to give him a solid score to play.

The dude is expert at crafting a persona. It's actually comforting to see the truth now because I genuinely liked they guy for a good while and would be conflicted about the stories I heard from the locker room and teammates, even going back to NC State about him being fake, not accountable, and worse... hints that he was not as good at things as his talents made him appear.

BS.

The truth? Russ didn't leave because we didn't know how to win. He left because his BS train had come off the rails. Nobody was buying his crap anymore. And between the 2021 offseason last year he burned about every bridge there was to this team and the city and didn't care, because it was his only play. He went all in on his own BS.

Good luck Denver

keasley45

Reaction score
Oh. And then there's this:

Play it to the end.

The guy can't even come up with a unique tag line. I hope Denver Brands the Sh!t out of Let's Ride, and then ebay files suit.

What a clown. Is there any wonder why the culture of the team fell apart when HE became the top dog in the locker room.

Let's Ride ! What a complete joke.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Divorces are always messy, but in the end with luck each is happier without the other.

Face it, RW just wanted to be elsewhere, all the rationalizations by both sides are just empty noise. I loved the player when he was drafted, was jazzed by his escapability, and arm talent, frustrated by his limitations and seeming inability to short pass or get rid of the ball when he should have just done so. His schtick was becoming tiresome though. He nevertheless was exciting to watch when he was on.

It was certainly not hard to see the divorce looming and their ‘troubles’ began with XLIX but became public with his last contract. To me RW spoke out of both sides of his mouth here, and still does as he has indicated he wants to get paid $50 Mil./yr. guaranteed by the Broncos. That will truly prejudice that team’s ability to win just as his last contract hurt the Hawks despite their continuing ability to remain competitive.

He was my favourite player on the team until recently but he now isn’t on my team. He can and will be replaced and the team will become stronger without him.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
His statement COULD be taken literally, instead of making it into some sort of insinuation. He may have realized Seattle couldn't pay him so much and still be a contender, so he knew he was out. Maybe he was merely attempting to point out that he wants to be somewhere that wants to win and will do everything it can to do just that. When players around him in Denver succeed and want to be paid...that will recycle the exact situation there that we had here.

flv2

Reaction score
He wanted to go to a city that wants to win. He wanted to go to a team that wants to win. He wanted to go to a city that knows how to win.

He was in a city that wants to win. He was in a team that wants to win. He was in a city that knows how to win.

The 2 are not mutually exclusive. Saying nice things about Denver isn't disrespectful to Seattle. Von Miller is saying nice things about Buffalo. If people in Denver and Los Angeles want to take offence, well...

keasley45

Reaction score
His statement COULD be taken literally, instead of making it into some sort of insinuation. He may have realized Seattle couldn't pay him so much and still be a contender, so he knew he was out. Maybe he was merely attempting to point out that he wants to be somewhere that wants to win and will do everything it can to do just that. When players around him in Denver succeed and want to be paid...that will recycle the exact situation there that we had here.
Maybe if he hadn't gone so far sa to lie in his post trade presser and say he had no idea a trade was brewing until the FO told him. As if he'd just tossed a random list out of teams that he'd entertain going to and then the FO surprised him and did it. The thing is the dude doesn't even know when his lies are completely unbelievable.

Now the guy who says he was caught off guard by the trade, stands there and says Denver is what he wanted because they know how to win?

Nope.

toffee

Reaction score
I think in Russ, we had the Miles Davis of Qbs. Miles is one of the best jazz trumpet players in the history of the genre. AND, he couldn't read sheet music at all. So he could wow you with his natural ability - ability FAR beyond what other geniuses could do, but he wasn't going to sit down and lead 1st chair in the local band.

But Miles never pretended to be anything but Miles. Easier to do as a solo artist. Trouble for Russ is that Ike Miles, he's s soloist in an orchestra trying to read sheet music and can't. And instead of polishing his craft, he blamed the band leader, trombones, strings composer and now apparently the audience for nit appreciating good music and for not being able to give him a solid score to play.

The dude is expert at crafting a persona. It's actually comforting to see the truth now because I genuinely liked they guy for a good while and would be conflicted about the stories I heard from the locker room and teammates, even going back to NC State about him being fake, not accountable, and worse... hints that he was not as good at things as his talents made him appear.

BS.

The truth? Russ didn't leave because we didn't know how to win. He left because his BS train had come off the rails. Nobody was buying his crap anymore. And between the 2021 offseason last year he burned about every bridge there was to this team and the city and didn't care, because it was his only play. He went all in on his own BS.

Good luck Denver
I listen to Mile Davis, I knew Mile Davis' music, and Russell Wilson is no Mile Davis.

Mile was the Tom Brady of Jazz trumpetist, dude led his band and compose some too, he was the package in his world. a four or five decade career, widely admired. No, Russ ain't Miles.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
You're The Love Of My Life, you're everything a guy could dream of, you're the best of the best, there'll never be anyone else who could please me like you do, what?!, pick up my dirty socks & underwear and work on my bad habits?!? you don't feel like putting out anymore??!!, PUMP THE BRAKES!!!, well then, just sign the damned Divorce papers and I'll find me a new "Love Of My Life" to sweet talk to.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Maybe a big Al Woods one too for good measure?

No we’re not wishing injury for those in the back.
Well they should know his matrix slow shtick by now...don't have to defend the middle...look for the deep ball in triple coverage..and run around in circles til the pocket collapses and he takes a sack. I think there will be a number of guys that are gonna want to hit him in week 1...more so than the rest of the qbs they'll see this year.

Boohman14

Reaction score
I loved Russ with us, but he seemed to benefit from some spectacular play from receivers in crunch time. My favorite player on offense in the championship window was Doug Baldwin. It always seemed like Baldwin made plays in the clutch adjusting to off throws ,remember the playoff catch against Minnesota. Russ was at his best when he was a serious threat to run and had Lynch, Baldwin and Kearse , playmakers. The DCs of the league were able to contain him somewhat as time progressed. Russ is still formidable though, and will always be an upper tier QB. His contract demands are the biggest issue. Teams can't keep upper level talent when one player eats too much of the cap space.
I think he'll be good with Denver but will hamstring the Broncos if they give him a fat Rodgers type contract.

OP
OP
B

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Maybe this'll be good locker room incentive to show how much we want to win.

I was originally mad enough to contemplate booing him when he played here, but now think dead silence and ignoring would be the way to go. If only the media would do the same.

Of course, I wouldn't complain about a few extra sacks added to his sack totals.