Will Russ change his style of play from 2021 in Denver?

sdog1981

Reaction score
The first time he completes 3, 7-yard passes in a row to move the chains, I am going to throw my TV out the window.

John63

Reaction score
The first time he completes 3, 7-yard passes in a row to move the chains, I am going to throw my TV out the window.

Been there done that but please keep the false narrative open.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
God man, get the hell over it. Russ is gone. Why just dwell on this crap? He is not a Seahawk any more. Half the damn threads still talk about the guy.
He........is.......no.......longer.....a......Seahawk.

John63

Reaction score
It has not. You can't post one game log that shows he completed multiple passes less than 10 yards in the same drive for first downs.

I can and have posted multiple game logs, and other facts but again believe whatever you want.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
God man, get the hell over it. Russ is gone. Why just dwell on this crap? He is not a Seahawk any more. Half the damn threads still talk about the guy.
He........is.......no.......longer.....a......Seahawk.
He's one of the biggest players in franchise history and he was traded only a couple of weeks ago, leaving the franchise with a completely new path and a decision on how to build the team.

It's completely reasonable to discuss him, his effect on the roster, how his play style affected the offense, and how to replace him in the coming years.

3 of the last 9 posts are you telling people to move on. The same sentence written different ways. Come on, dude. You don't need to read if it gets to you, and I can get how you see the discussion as irrelevant, but it's a valid topic.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. He's my favorite player. But he's gone, time to accept it. It sucks, but it's reality. Just like people continuing to take shots at the guy after the fact. Whatever works. Meh.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Fair enough. He's my favorite player. But he's gone, time to accept it. It sucks, but it's reality. Just like people continuing to take shots at the guy after the fact. Whatever works. Meh.
We trash on every negative of every player, coach, trainer, agent, analyst, etc…it’s just the culture of the world, today.

That’s why it’s important to have a little perspective and not just be blindly faithful to a point of view. That was more for John63 than you.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
This topic is relevant for 2 reasons:
1- as others have said he was the QB and most important player we've ever had and was traded just a few weeks ago.
2- Hawks get Broncos 1st and 2nd round picks next year.

Also as others have said if you don't like the topic don't click on it!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
Can we just have a Russell Wilson Eulogy Forum, John63 can post stats in 2.4 seconds and everyone else can post their Lamentations there.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Bonney,

You might want that hero ball when we keep losing games in the 4th quarter.

Just saying.

But it is extremely hard to unlearn a habit, and Wilson has integrated some of this so deeply into this playing style that it will almost be reflex. So he will probably look like a very similar player, just not running quite as moronic offensive gameplans. He was on an MVP pace for years, so not sure how that is terrible. It really isn't his fault that his aging HC would turtle up in the playoffs, or that his HC would throttle things so far back in the 2nd half we would often go into the playoffs unprepared to field a passing first attack.

I suspect he will look worse in the regular season than the past few years (not counting last) but much better in the playoffs.

Denver is hoping he keeps his penchant for the long ball because they have missed it for years.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hey, I hope Denver loses every last game they play. Easy math.
I'm fully aware how massive of a loss it was to lose Russ. I also am prepared for some serious losing these next couple seasons. Hope to be wrong. That being said, Russ being traded hasn't changed my love for this team one bit. He was my favorite player. I'm just not gonna' go jumping off bridges like John. He wanted to leave, that's obvious.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Can a leopard change his spots? Nope. Hey Denver.....welcome to hero ball.
Hero ball was Seattle's ticket to their second consecutive Super Bowl. Just saying...and Aaron Rodgers likely still mumbles in his sleep about damn hero-ball.

keasley45

Reaction score
Bonney,

You might want that hero ball when we keep losing games in the 4th quarter.

Just saying.

But it is extremely hard to unlearn a habit, and Wilson has integrated some of this so deeply into this playing style that it will almost be reflex. So he will probably look like a very similar player, just not running quite as moronic offensive gameplans. He was on an MVP pace for years, so not sure how that is terrible. It really isn't his fault that his aging HC would turtle up in the playoffs, or that his HC would throttle things so far back in the 2nd half we would often go into the playoffs unprepared to field a passing first attack.

I suspect he will look worse in the regular season than the past few years (not counting last) but much better in the playoffs.

Denver is hoping he keeps his penchant for the long ball because they have missed it for years.
Chicken, or Egg?

We shall see. I personally think the offense looked the way it did because of Russ's play, his skillset and limitations. I won't be able to buy the whole narrative that he was held back by a curmudgeon of a coach who just wanted to run, until I see Russ dissecting a defense, killing presnap reads, and making timely throws to beat coverage, and putting up highlights that include the above more than they do improvisational heroics. There was certainly nothing stopping him from doing that last year, pre or post injury... and he didn't.

Will be fun to watch the Donk's this year.

Latest posts