Why we shouldn't echo national experts' opinions on our QB

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Simply using a grade from PFF to contextualize a sample of play does not equate to saying "Geno is better than *list of quarterbacks.*"

This doesn't need to be explained. You're deliberately being cartoonishly obtuse, and have been for your entire post history.
And you're being "Cartoonish Obtuse" in that you and a lot of other Geno Haters fancy yourselves more qualified than Pete, John, AND a few other QUARTERBACKING Experts at gauging Geno's talent level, AT THIS JUNCTURE of his career, Past Play @ OTHER Teams & DIFFERENT SYSTEMS be damned...Everyone EXPECTED Drew Lock to come in and wrest the Starting job right out of Geno's hands...HE WAS NOT UP TO THE TASK & Geno has proven that AT THIS TIME, that he is undoubtedly the better fit for the Waldron system.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Perhaps you need a reminder:

I am directly attacking his posting style, as it IS obtuse and it's completely in bad faith. Not really a personal attack, so maybe you're the one who needs to read the post you quoted.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
And you're being "Cartoonish Obtuse" in that you and a lot of other Geno Haters fancy yourselves more qualified than Pete, John, AND a few other QUARTERBACKING Experts at gauging Geno's talent level, AT THIS JUNCTURE of his career, Past Play @ OTHER Teams & DIFFERENT SYSTEMS be damned...Everyone EXPECTED Drew Lock to come in and wrest the Starting job right out of Geno's hands...HE WAS NOT UP TO THE TASK & Geno has proven that AT THIS TIME, that he is undoubtedly the better fit for the Waldron system.
I'll be as nice as I possibly can here, and simply direct you to slowly and carefully read who I was actually calling obtuse.

Read it again, and reconsider your reply.

JPatera76

Reaction score
even I who will gladly eat crow and i am with this post will admit I had hopes for Lock to beat out Geno, as im not 100% sold on him, BUT i also care more about the team than I do 1 player. With that being said I'll admit Ilm in "lets give geno a shot and see how it plays out and what Geno do we get. Because I will say, when Geno was filling in for Russ, I was happying seeing us use the middle of the field and Geno utilizing DK seemingly better than Russell.

As for that "FA" list.. tribusky is the only dude on that who with the steelers I feel wouldve been another Solid bridge QB. The bears did him dirty just like they are and have with Fields.

GemCity

Reaction score
I’ve thought about this carefully and decided to forego the “experts” and PFF scores.

It’s a tank year bruh….

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Maelstrom has certainly made this forum worse lately. I think most would agree on that.
Oh, look. It's Jay making a generalized drive-by instead of actually engaging about the topic at hand.

Throw some specific criticisms if you got 'em. Otherwise, lol, sorry you're mad again.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Maelstrom has certainly made this forum worse lately. I think most would agree on that.
Sorry, I don't feel that way. Going back and forth with Maelstrom has been fun and learning experience, because he never answer with a simple adjective, he laid out his debate points and welcomed rebuttal. I engaged him, and found the experience enjoyable.

You know what? I don't think I am in the minority, I like to think most enjoyed his posts.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't feel that way. Going back and forth with Maelstrom has been fun and learning experience, because he never answer with a simple adjective, he laid out his debate points and welcomed rebuttal. I engaged him, and found the experience enjoyable.

You know what? I don't think I am in the minority, I like to think most enjoyed his posts.
Thanks. I can deal perfectly well and fine with disagreement.

What I am going to call out every single time is lying about what another poster said, and then disparaging that fabricated viewpoint. That is an attack and should be seen as one.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Thank you!!

I am a homer doing what homers do :)
I not really sure what a homer is but I see nothing wrong with being a passionate fan! that is EXACTLY what you are supposed to do! The 2022 Seahawks are viewed as the worst football team in the NFL. Man are they WRONG! At least you think for yourself and don't depend on someone else to tell you what to believe.

keasley45

Reaction score

Is this post made in sarcasm?

The dude posts logical, evidence based, reasoned posts in the face of the typical, flat, hater takes like 'Russ was all we had'..... Pete meddles and Sucks'... 'Jody, with an 'i' is powerless'..., ' Geno is terrible and immoral ', etc etc. Takes absent any deep, intentional exploration of any additional information to counter that perspective.

Take away facts and posters willing to explore them - beyond the low hanging, media parroting variety, and this place is a mosh pit full of emotion based, polarized, and narrow 'opinions'.

I'm glad the dude is around.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Going on record with stats and predictions that point to a solid year for Geno is commendable.

However, I wouldn't want to put my reputation and credibility on the line for him.

Good luck, for those who did just that.

keasley45

Reaction score
Titus

Your reputation as a person / football fan and your credibility is intact either way. Nothing is guaranteed. Stating he might play well based on evidence that he actually has...that's completely logical. There's nothing on the line. He would actually have to break from what is becoming a positive pattern to revert back to what some claim he can only ever be.

It's just as likely that everybody claiming he'll be terrible because he was 7 years ago, is wrong and then as you stated, has their reputation dinged. Simple fact is that he has yet to play like 'Early years' Geno. He's not setting the world on fire, but he's also shown he's capable of doing pretty well in some aspects.

We'll see if that becomes a trend.

Sincerely,

Vorenus

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Titus

Your reputation as a person / football fan and your credibility is intact either way. Nothing is guaranteed. Stating he might play well based on evidence that he actually has...that's completely logical. There's nothing on the line. He would actually have to break from what is becoming a positive pattern to revert back to what some claim he can only ever be.

It's just as likely that everybody claiming he'll be terrible because he was 7 years ago, is wrong and then as you stated, has their reputation dinged. Simple fact is that he has yet to play like 'Early years' Geno. He's not setting the world on fire, but he's also shown he's capable of doing pretty well in some aspects.

We'll see if that becomes a trend.

Sincerely,

Vorenus
'Early Years' Geno

Last edited:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I keep seeing people saying how well Geno played and how refreshing it was to see him use the middle of the field and all I can think about is how that all equated to only one win which came against the worst team in the league. Thinking that guy is going to mysteriously start winning games is pretty delusional in my opinion.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
I keep seeing people saying how well Geno played and how refreshing it was to see him use the middle of the field and all I can think about is how that all equated to only one win which came against the worst team in the league. Thinking that guy is going to mysteriously start winning games is pretty delusional in my opinion.
Plus, they are basing it on partial preseason games where 1s played against 2s and some stars sat out on defense.

Latest posts