Let's Not Turn The Main Forum Into The Shack

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I deleted a thread that was simply out of control and frankly has no place for in this main forum. If some of you knuckleheads want to be inappropriate, dis on each other, et al, take it to the Shack. I'm tired of it, and since this new fantastic owner of ours has mentioned several times he would like this forum to be family friendly, let's ALL do a better job of being above board, limit the profanity and keep it civil.

I've heard from members lately that .NET has gone to <beep> in recent years in regards to modding and they are 100% correct. I will personally become more proactive myself so think twice you rabble-rousers before posting some snide remark to another member. This site was founded on "attack the post, not the poster." I've seen too many attacking the poster in this community in recent years and it needs to stop.

Don't make me pull this car over. Capiche?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
No worries, but remember always you can disagree without being disagreeable.

We are mostly all fans of the team here and as such have a good deal of commonality in our thinking and hopes for the team. We are supposed to be posting here in a fashion that allows for reasonable discussions on topics about the topic raised in the thread. Many of us stray from topic at times and would do well to remember it is hard to herd you cats at times and further we are supposed to be friends here. Let's try to keep Aros' words in mind when posting.

Just saying’.

Last edited:

sutz

Reaction score
10-4 Yes GIF by StittsvilleOnPatrol

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Keep in mind this thread isn't about focusing on any particular person. That's why I use all caps when I say we ALL can do better. Pretend you are facing this person IN person. I cannot tell you how many times I have met people on .NET that I had a preconceived notion about based on their writing style (and yes, maybe a little Keyboard Warrior-itis) and yet they were much different in person and often someone you would gladly clink a glass with.

There's a reason Les is so revered here. He genuinely cared for every single member of this site. At the end of the day, let's try to remember we are all on the same team. We are here for ONE reason and that is our passion and devotion for the Seattle Seahawks. It is perfectly okay to debate and disagree. That's basic human nature. What's NOT okay is when ego's dictate dictation, lol.

All I ask out of ALL of us is to consider the human on the other end of the post. I don't mean you have to be Marry Poppins (I totally just dated myself there) but let's try to be a little more cognizant of the other's position. In the end, hopefully that means more productive - not destructive - debate.

Carry on friends.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Keep in mind this thread isn't about focusing on any particular person. That's why I use all caps when I say we ALL can do better. Pretend you are facing this person IN person. I cannot tell you how many times I have met people on .NET that I had a preconceived notion about based on their writing style (and yes, maybe a little Keyboard Warrior-itis) and yet they were much different in person and often someone you would gladly clink a glass with.

There's a reason Les is so revered here. He genuinely cared for every single member of this site. At the end of the day, let's try to remember we are all on the same team. We are here for ONE reason and that is our passion and devotion for the Seattle Seahawks. It is perfectly okay to debate and disagree. That's basic human nature. What's NOT okay is when ego's dictate dictation, lol.

All I ask out of ALL of us is to consider the human on the other end of the post. I don't mean you have to be Marry Poppins (I totally just dated myself there) but let's try to be a little more cognizant of the other's position. In the end, hopefully that means more productive - not destructive - debate.

Carry on friends.
Mary Poppins was no pushover. She'd call out someone when necessary in song!

Aircrew

Reaction score
This is funny, having been out of the .net/Seahawks/NFL loop for the last 5 years I'm kind of new to the scene (again) and I noticed recently how scrappy .net had become. Not that I mind, I like a spirited, snarky back and forth as much as the next guy, but it inevitably gets out of hand. I'll make a conscious effort to keep my input professional and respectful. Thanks for the re-zeroing, Todd.

flv2

Reaction score
A re-write of the site's terms and rules and/or mission statement would help. I welcome a raising of expected poster behaviour.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I deleted a thread that was simply out of control and frankly has no place for in this main forum. If some of you knuckleheads want to be inappropriate, dis on each other, et al, take it to the Shack. I'm tired of it, and since this new fantastic owner of ours has mentioned several times he would like this forum to be family friendly, let's ALL do a better job of being above board, limit the profanity and keep it civil.

I've heard from members lately that .NET has gone to <beep> in recent years in regards to modding and they are 100% correct. I will personally become more proactive myself so think twice you rabble-rousers before posting some snide remark to another member. This site was founded on "attack the post, not the poster." I've seen too many attacking the poster in this community in recent years and it needs to stop.

Don't make me pull this car over. Capiche?
Totally agree. Thanks for getting this train back on the tracks.

IndyHawk

Reaction score

Carry on friends.
Great to see the creator of all this stepping up..
I recall seeing a post saying "Aros a mod"?
We have our answer!
You shouldn't have to but it's always a couple of
many who do these things.
I don't like the fact threads get deleted if in proper
place and form.
I'd rather see the poster(s) who are the problem get
locked from posting till they understand and I don't
mean banned..Just can't post if that's a feature possible.

flv2

Reaction score
Great to see the creator of all this stepping up..
I recall seeing a post saying "Aros a mod"?
We have our answer!
You shouldn't have to but it's always a couple of
many who do these things.
I don't like the fact threads get deleted if in proper
place and form.
I'd rather see the poster(s) who are the problem get
locked from posting till they understand and I don't
mean banned..Just can't post if that's a feature possible.
Admin have the tools to put accounts on permanent post review. IE the posts the account makes are there but they can only be seen by the original poster and admin. The only indication of a hidden post is a gap in the thread post numbers. Admin can make decisions on which posts to display, if any. Admin can also block accounts from posting in individual threads or specific forums. For example admin could prevent someone from posting in the politics forum or allow them to only post in the politics forum. Timed suspensions are also an option. However, this form of moderating is time consuming so there has to be some point to it. There isn't any point to it if people can create alt accounts and be back posting without restrictions in 60 seconds.

GemCity

Reaction score
Guilty on occasion. Thank you for putting this out there.

We’re all here because we love the same team. That alone is worth mutual respect.