Why do the Rams have our number?

WarHawks

Reaction score
Because they are better than us now that we don't have a top 5 qb any longer. Stafford > Geno.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
McVay and Shanahan were both assistants on the 2013 Washington team that lost to the Seahawks in the playoffs. Their schemes were built specifically to counter the LOB defensive scheme that became popular in the NFL after the Seahawks' success.

As early as 2017, the Shanahan offensive scheme was gutting the Seahawks' defense. But yes, it's very well documented that part of the reason Shanahan and McVay were hired were their ability to figure out Carroll's defense:

NFL defensive rules has also changed since then and Carroll’s defensive scheme advantages during that era have since been removed by the NFL…

The Seahawks whooping the Broncos defensively in the Super Bowl was a black eye for the league in terms of the hype and marketing they had for their offensive record holders, darlings, Broncos and they can’t have a team play defense in the Super Bowl! That doesn’t make money!!! The NFL wants all offense and all of the time!!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Ehh, am I though?
We'll see, but it is clear you have your PC Hater goggles on and love any coach that has had some success against Seattle.

It's easy to win if you mortgage the future for a SB that the league gifted them with that BS PI call against NO. Is McVay a better coach than Pete, time alone will tell.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
We'll see, but it is clear you have your PC Hater goggles on and love any coach that has had some success against Seattle.

It's easy to win if you mortgage the future for a SB that the league gifted them with that BS PI call against NO. Is McVay a better coach than Pete, time alone will tell.
Pete is a Hall of Fame worthy coach in both the NCAA and NFL. Pitt is smoking some serious stuff.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
For the same reason we seem to have had the 49ers number. Matchups.
We matched up well w/ the Niners, and not very well with the Rams.

Not just in terms of roster but style of play and tendencies of the staff.

Expecting that to change makes no sense. We MIGHT beat the Rams despite the above, but expecting it makes little sense given the beatdown they gave us.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Because they are better than us now that we don't have a top 5 qb any longer. Stafford > Geno.
I don’t know man. Geno is a top 5 quarterback when protected imo and can make the same throws. Stafford was just like Geno with the Lions. Not sure if he ever won a playoff game with the Lions I know we beat them one year in the wildcard lol

olyfan63

Reaction score
Feels like we'll go into LA and Stafford will pick up right where the Rams left off, carving up the Seahawks D across the middle.

Our only hope is getting pressure on Stafford.
Our other hope is the offense and Geno playing lights out. Can we run it down their throats?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Really annoying. Doesn’t matter what their record is or who’s on their roster they will always matchup well against Pete and it has to with a lack of quarterback protection in the past. Having a better interior O line than week 1 will help. Also need to get to Stafford more and stuff the run
Mcvay is really sharp, and we he arrived in the NFCW, he knew that the team he had to beat was Seattle. Just my assumption, but, I think he focused his team building and strategy on beating us. I think that with Seattle being the 1st game of the year, it became the most important to him, and his whole preseason was focused on the Seahawks. So his team really got up for that 1st game of the season.

But after that, they started faltering. Why? Because they put too much emphasis on 1 game. I think we beat them, but it will be close. They are still a good team. I expect our defense to be the difference in this game.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Does Pete get out-coached? Probably but we should beat the brakes off of a 3-6 team and we’re 1 point favorites. We need a perfect outing from Geno and more dink and dunk/screens …. Easy money with Walker and Charbonnet
1 point favorite? That's essentially a pick em. I could see LA beating Seattle

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

He's already accomplished pretty much all Pete has and he's half his age. He's 8-5 against Carroll to date including a post season win. He's the kind of coach I wish Seattle had.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
He's already accomplished pretty much all Pete has and he's half his age. He's 8-5 against Carroll to date including a post season win. He's the kind of coach I wish Seattle had.
Not even remotely close dude.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231115_183430_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231115_183430_Chrome.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 11

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
My take on it is this... once the Hawk's settle on who their starting 5 offensive linemen are going to be, and what their front 7 rotation will be, the Rams are going to fall into the "victim" category.

Millen Hawk

Reaction score
Easy: Seattle’s weakness has always been up front on the offensive line and the Rams have a HOF inside pass rusher and monster in Aaron Donald. Add to that some sort of personal hatred and intense motivation Donald seems to have when he plays Seattle and The Rams having a decent run/pass game WITH creative coaching in which McVay knows exactly how Carroll wants to play, usually amounts to the many recent victories against Seattle.

Seattle with Carroll never hides or disguises what they want to do offensively and the Rams being able to control the lines up front, has been the Achilles heal for Seattle and has given the edge to the Rams for the past how many years.

Seattle NEVER attacked what the Rams are weak against defensively, BUT, Seattle focuses on primarily attacking the Rams strengths in hopes they break.

Here’s why, in my opinion, why Seattle loses a lot to the Rams…
Yep! And to add to this, on offense the Rams have a quick-pass up the middle attack which is our kryptonite.

Hoping that this game we get back to what’s working and run the ball and use our 3TE schemes

Latest posts