Who Will Be There At #5?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Like most of you I was celebrating last night. God bless our Hawks and those scrappy Lions! It's all house money at this stage, nobody expects us to win Saturday outside of the Seahawks. I'm just going to enjoy the week leading up to the game and cheer them on this Saturday. No matter the outcome, this season was a success, and the future is nothing but bright!

Now, on to the 5th pick. (Thanks for nothing Chargers).

I don't follow college all that much so I was curious if anyone could help guestimate who the Seahawks might be looking at to draft at the fifth overall pick this April. Let's just assume John and Pete won't trade down for more pics. IF they were to stay put at the fifth pick, and taking into consideration the teams that pick before them, who do you think they might select?

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think the top 4 goes Young, Stroud, Anderson and then either Carter or Levis with whoever isn't picked falling to Seattle. I think Levis is someone John will like.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I really like Bryan Bresee. He has a high motor and plays angry. I like Jalen Carter as well but the questions about his love for the game are concerning. You can't question Bryan. He seems like he would play for free just to be able to have the opportunity to manhandle guys. Violent. Just what we need. I miss the old bully on the block LOB mentality our guys use to have.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Myles Murphy DL
Tyree Wilson EDGE
Trenton Simpson LB
JL Skinner SS
Cameron Ward QB
John Michael Schmitz C
Owen Pappoe LB
Steve Avila C/G

NoGain

Reaction score
Either Anderson, Young, Stroud, Levis, or Carter will be available at #5 as it stands now. If such is the case, we take either the defensive player that falls from this group, take the remaining QB from this group, or trade down to get more draft capital to a team who probably wants to move up for a QB.

Of course, things might change a bit for some reason or another. April is a LONG ways off. But this makes the most sense to me now.

Chawker

Reaction score
I really like Bryan Bresee. He has a high motor and plays angry. I like Jalen Carter as well but the questions about his love for the game are concerning. You can't question Bryan. He seems like he would play for free just to be able to have the opportunity to manhandle guys. Violent. Just what we need. I miss the old bully on the block LOB mentality our guys use to have.

He even sounds like a Seahawk !

oldhawkfan

Reaction score

Thanks for posting that. Now I know how to pronounce his name.:D I saw everything from him that I saw nothing of from our defense this year. If he's there at 5, I would be happy with him.

nanomoz

Reaction score
A qb we are all going to love a few years down the road. Franchise Geno, and let Richardson/Stroud/Levis develop for a year sitting behind him. It's a best case scenario for the most important position. I don't think a long-term contract for a 32-year-old QB that has had one good season is prudent, especially not when it's so rare to have such a prime opportunity (a rare, early pick) to snag a QB in a strong QB class

Anderson and Carter should be gone.

renofox

Reaction score
With all the QB needy teams I would think Carter or Anderson could fall to 5.
Agreed.

#1 CHI will probably trade to a team who wants a QB.

#2 HOU will take QB.

#3 ARI will take Carter or Henderson.

#4 IND will take QB.

Young and Stroud will be gone, leaving Richardson or Levis, and one of the top two DL.

I expect PCJS to take one of those remaining two, whichever they evaluate as the best value.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Levis or Stroud, then they trade up to get a next tier DL player.

James in PA

Reaction score
Remember, if there is a player they absolutely love and are afraid they'll just miss out on, the Hawks now have the ammunition to trade UP. Its a very un-John-like thing to do, but that option is certainly there.

Ozzy

Reaction score
With all the QB needy teams I would think Carter or Anderson could fall to 5. If we get a pro bowler there and get the biggest nastiest center at 32? Job well done.
Van Pran is a monster center that I hope we come out of this draft with. Could be a difference maker on the interior.

Ozzy

Reaction score
A qb we are all going to love a few years down the road. Franchise Geno, and let Richardson/Stroud/Levis develop for a year sitting behind him. It's a best case scenario for the most important position. I don't think a long-term contract for a 32-year-old QB that has had one good season is prudent, especially not when it's so rare to have such a prime opportunity (a rare, early pick) to snag a QB in a strong QB class

Anderson and Carter should be gone.
This is exactly how I see it.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Any chance AZ moves on from Murray? I know contract and cap are issues. Kingsbury is gone, Murray was a Kingsbury pick, Murray is also known to have locker room issues. New coach, scheme fit, locker room fit, if there's a way I think they'll look at it.

WarHawks

Reaction score
What about Cameron Ward later in the 1st?