Who Will Be There At #5?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I think ya'll are crazy to think we're taking a QB at #5.

Give me a Will Anderson, Jalen Carter or Myles Murphy.

Cameron Ward? Good god.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Really? Can't see him going anywhere near that high unless there is a massive run on QBs, and not even then. And I'm a Coug.
I'm genuinely curious why that would be, if he's available late in the 1st? 6' 2" with a rocket arm, fantastic pocket awareness and mobility, 23 td's, 132qbr, was ranked #5 in qb rankings, but he's young. Better stats than Levis, with similar stature and arm talent. What am I missing?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Any chance AZ moves on from Murray? I know contract and cap are issues. Kingsbury is gone, Murray was a Kingsbury pick, Murray is also known to have locker room issues. New coach, scheme fit, locker room fit, if there's a way I think they'll look at it.
Zero chance.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if Bears/Cardinals snag those two before we get the chance
Yeah, good chance they're gone... but maybe one of them gives up a spot for the 3rd QB.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Any chance AZ moves on from Murray? I know contract and cap are issues. Kingsbury is gone, Murray was a Kingsbury pick, Murray is also known to have locker room issues. New coach, scheme fit, locker room fit, if there's a way I think they'll look at it.
Probably not. When I lived in Arizona the Bidwells were known for being cheap especially the dad. To release Murray in 2023 would be a $97 million dead cap hit pre June 1 post June 1 will split it up between 2023 and 2024 with $50 million going against the 2023 cap

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I'm genuinely curious why that would be, if he's available late in the 1st? 6' 2" with a rocket arm, fantastic pocket awareness and mobility, 23 td's, 132qbr, was ranked #5 in qb rankings, but he's young. Better stats than Levis, with similar stature and arm talent. What am I missing?
Screenshot 2023 01 09 40904 PM
I like Ward, just not anywhere near the 1st. Some sites have him as low as 5th/6th round. He just doesn't look close to ready, mobile but not really a runner, hated some of his decision making at times. He's an NFL prospect.

Last edited:

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
With all the QB needy teams I would think Carter or Anderson could fall to 5. If we get a pro bowler there and get the biggest nastiest center at 32? Job well done.
I see what you did there with the 32 and I am so on board! Let’s sneak up on the niners and then gain the confidence to shock the world!!!!!!

knownone

Reaction score
I would not be shocked if Seattle chose Tyree Wilson at 5, even if Murphy and Anderson are on the board. He fits their archetype, and outside of Jalen Carter, he's the most physically gifted defensive player in the draft.

Chawker

Reaction score
First of all, Anderson is a under sized one trick pony. Carter if he is still on the board at 5, which I doubt, then hes the pick. As for a qb, Ward in the forth

Germanhawk7

Reaction score
Hey guys,

in Germany its a little bit hard to watch Teams like Kentucky, is Levis really that great prospect?
His stats look a bit meeeh…

For me
#1 Colts - Young
#2 Texans - Stroud
#3 Cardinals - Anderson
#4 Bears - Carter
#5 Seahawks - Murphy

Could there be a surprise Cardinals pick like a RB or WR?

WarHawks

Reaction score
View attachment 56540
I like Ward, just not anywhere near the 1st. Some sites have him as low as 5th/6th round. He just doesn't look close to ready, mobile but not really a runner, hated some of his decision making at times. He's an NFL prospect.
Thank you. The stats I was looking at showed him with a far higher qb rating and more td's. I must have been looking at the wrong ones.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
my guess as of now:

1) bears - will anderson
2) texans - bryce young / cj stroud
3) cards - jalen carter
4) colts - cj stroud / bryce young
5) will levis or trade down

chargers losing to the broncos really ****** our chances at carter and anderson. now i think we trade back and accumulate more picks if JS doesn't want levis.

i like myles murphy and tyree wilson, i just don't see JS valuing them as high as pick #5.

Latest posts