Wagner claims FO didn't tell him he was being released first

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
BWagz has been nothing but total class, total dedication to the team during his tenure with the Hawks. A pro bowl player 8/10 of his seasons, and a definite first ballot man that deserves total respect.

I'm hoping there was some sort of missed communication, or something that explains this. But until I hear a good explanation, I'm going to hold a grudge against PC and JS. This just isn't the way you treat someone like this.

And to some of the moronic comments I've seen in this thread...F-u-c-k-Y-o-u!

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Oh, you mean the organization almost every iconic player has complained about on the way out, mistreated arguably the one guy you could not treat that way? Yea okay

xray

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3r4goy0o said:
Brutal...Pete and John are morons if this is the case.
^
They are azzholes , and it is the case .

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
We don't know the full story.
Did he hear it from someone(maybe he read it here) just making an educated guess & then he called JS who then confirmed it?
We don't know.

hangumhi

Reaction score
I won't be attending games. This is a corporate culture I can't support. And stop with the stupid comments about "we don't know the whole story". How many days has this been and still no comment from the Seahawks organization?? Come on....

Smellyman

Reaction score
AgentDib":1nwhad33 said:
I doubt they just cut him out of the blue. Given that Wagner is acting as his own agent, my bet is that they floated an earlier discussion about reworking his deal and he told them he wasn't open to renegotiating it. I don't fault him for taking a shot at them on his way out, but it just isn't good business to act as your own agent, lawyer or doctor.

Yup. there is NO WAY he didn't know

Smellyman

Reaction score
hangumhi":1xlc0fyk said:
I won't be attending games. This is a corporate culture I can't support. And stop with the stupid comments about "we don't know the whole story". How many days has this been and still no comment from the Seahawks organization?? Come on....

They can't speak until some date in the future. Free agency starts or something

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
A FO that managed to keep quiet for two weeks or more they were listening to/dealing with Denver for Russ couldn't keep the fact they were releasing a league and local hero just as quiet?
If BWagz heard it elsewhere there is a leak in the security system.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I’m not certain about what is happening behind closed doors with the Seahawks but it seems to be that their organizational culture changed after Paul Allen’s death. Many of the players are mentioning communication or lack thereof. This was never an issue while Allen was around. Think of some key players gone post Allen - Sherman, Bennett, Earl Thomas, KJ Wright, Baldwin, and Wagner all have taken parting shots at Seahawks.