Wagner claims FO didn't tell him he was being released first

mistaowen

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Bwagz/status/1502353080033034243[/tweet]

If guys like Russ and Bobby are now speaking out against the FO, on top of basically the entire former defense, can't say this is a good look for the organization.

Certainly could be emotions involved in a cold business but Bobby was the last guy I'd imagine being upset with them.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
This seems to be a trend, Pete's the ultimate players coach right up until they're not useful then it's next....I wasn't sure but Wagz is such class, this is his version of scorced earth and we've seen this before a lot. It's disappointing to see from the organization

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This makes no sense.

On one hand, at least the FO released him in time to go play for the Rams and get another SB.

On the other, ??????

Considering how important Bobby was and how much he contributed to our success - Pete should have delivered the news to him personally in the first place after talking to him, being candid about the circumstance, and getting a feel for what he wanted.

Hoping this is a mistake or miscommunication. Even then it isn't OK.

keasley45

Reaction score
Hopefully it's a case of an unfortunate leak that got to him before they could.

Poor form, for sure.

Elemas

Reaction score
This isn’t a question of “if that’s the case” or “it may have leaked”. Wagner himself posted that. And, you simply don’t have an “oopsy” moment with something like this.

Stop it….it’s disgusting.

It’s indicative of what’s become a poorly managed team.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
This kind of crap starts at the top. All the way at the top.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Somebody screwed up, laeked it before they were supposed to, because Pete and John would NEVER do that intentionally! They LOVE Bobby, and have the utmost respect for him.

Jody would be all over their arse if they did, as "Protect the Team" applies to everyone.

I'll bet somebody at Seahawks.com is going to get canned.

However, all that said, Bobby knew this was coming.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I can't excuse this one.

I'm not going to say it was intentional. That just doesn't make sense.

But this cannot happen.

Tom Brady's own retirement got reported before he could announce it himself. The front office had to anticipate a leak and tell Bobby almost immediately after that.

The reporters are going to report. You need to be quick.

I worry about the affect this will have on team chemistry and culture. The optics are beyond shitty.

I'd also like to know who the rat that leaked this is.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
This is how the NFL typically works, and it's not a surprise, and it's not just the Seahawks. Most guys find out they've been released through the media. You would think teams would show a little heart, but they usually don't.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The point is, it should never happen been 'dropped' or 'missed' because it should have been Pete doing this.

Pete and JS together. Wagner AT LEAST earned that.

Shouldn't have been anyone lower handling this. THAT by itself would have been poor form.

Whatever this was, is close to inexcusable.

LTH

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3ow3z0q3 said:
The point is, it should never happen been 'dropped' or 'missed' because it should have been Pete doing this.

Pete and JS together. Wagner AT LEAST earned that.

Shouldn't have been anyone lower handling this. THAT by itself would have been poor form.

Whatever this was, is close to inexcusable.

I'm blowen away by by this. Carroll asks BW to be his Leader... to hold a higher moral standard in the locker room and then dis him? NOT cool... I've lost a bit of respect for Carroll...I just can't believe that happened...write it down Twisted Husky because it doesn't happen very often that Carroll pisses me off...

LTH

Yxes1122

Reaction score
This is unacceptable based on the public persona Pete and John exude.

If you want to act like Belichick behind closed doors, act like it to the public. But don’t pretend to be pro-player and treat one of the perennial good dudes of the last 10 years like this.

If you’re an asshole behind closed doors, be an asshole all the time.

Diairizus

Reaction score
Bobby doesn't have an agent. He represents himself. So he should've been the first to know.

keasley45

Reaction score
If there's a meeting at HQs where these things are being discussed, and one of the half dozen or so execs / staffers around the table who has connects with Schefter texts him that Schneider just made the decision to let Bobby go and it gets to the media that way and out before the meeting convenes and Pete or John decide exactly who will make the call, that's not scandal. That's not being done wrong. It's a function of the 'TMZ' world we live in.

Everybody is scrambling to be the first to break a story and schefty is who he is because he has relatio$hip$ in the deep, dark back rooms of just about every franchise.

Elemas

Reaction score
Desensitized Mode: GO.

It’s a classless act. No matter which brother, cousin, of the aid that happens to have so and so’s phone number did it. This is on the FO.

Not surprising as these are the same folks that failed to build around what most team’s considered to be a franchise QB. Russ may have pushed his way out but, there’s plenty of damn good reasons why.

Seahawks football will be enjoyable again one day. Unfortunately, I don’t think that comes until the current regime is long gone.

Poor taste PC & JS. Disappointed in you.

John63

Reaction score
mistaowen":binpinfw said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Bwagz/status/1502353080033034243[/tweet]

If guys like Russ and Bobby are now speaking out against the FO, on top of basically the entire former defense, can't say this is a good look for the organization.

Certainly could be emotions involved in a cold business but Bobby was the last guy I'd imagine being upset with them.

Members of the Offense who are no longer here have said some things as well. Nothing new. Most fans dont care.

John63

Reaction score
ivotuk":3i0ju9xn said:
Somebody screwed up, laeked it before they were supposed to, because Pete and John would NEVER do that intentionally! They LOVE Bobby, and have the utmost respect for him.

Jody would be all over their arse if they did, as "Protect the Team" applies to everyone.

I'll bet somebody at Seahawks.com is going to get canned.

However, all that said, Bobby knew this was coming.

I am sure someone will be the scapegoat for the FO specifically PC.

The whole Booby knew this was coming is an excuse and there is no excuse for this Bobby deserved better. But again this is not the first time the FO has handled things like this.