Unlock Lock?

Are You Ready To "Unlock Lock?"

• Total voters

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I'm wondering how many swapouts between the two we get this season. I think a Smith -> Lock -> Smith throughout the season (barring injuries) is the most likely, but we could get Smith -> Lock -> Smith -> Lock or even Smith -> Lock -> Smith -> Lock -> Smith. Regardless we should see a lot of overly complicated discussion about which backup QB should be starting over the other.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
PC is unleashing Geno today.....Let's see if this translates to more point output.

No excuse after today.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I'm wondering how many swapouts between the two we get this season. I think a Smith -> Lock -> Smith throughout the season (barring injuries) is the most likely, but we could get Smith -> Lock -> Smith -> Lock or even Smith -> Lock -> Smith -> Lock -> Smith. Regardless we should see a lot of overly complicated discussion about which backup QB should be starting over the other.
Yeah, Pete needs to screw with the continuity.
DEFENSE has skin in these games & some blame for p*$$-poor tackling (or lack thereof)

nsport

Reaction score
Geno Smith can't handle the big moments. That's all there is to it.

Despite terrible defense, he had the ball twice with a chance to take a lead. When it really counted, it didn't go well for him at all. His upside at best is a .500 QB.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Geno Smith can't handle the big moments. That's all there is to it.

Despite terrible defense, he had the ball twice with a chance to take a lead. When it really counted, it didn't go well for him at all. His upside at best is a .500 QB.
I'd rather that than a quarterback who hasn't shown the ability to even really get TO the big moments, really

Maui12thman

Reaction score
Geno, to this point literally is the best player on the offensive side of the ball. He is in no way to be confused with our face of the franchise going forward, but he will get us through this rebuild.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dude, do you just want to argue about everything? I'm sorry, but "balling" is not playing well for 2 or 3 quarters, and then not finishing the job. That's managing, and NOT getting the job done. That's not balling at all. He was pretty solid for 3 quarters. Not good enough. And that's fine, this is what I expected out of him.
I understand you clearly love you some Geno, and that's fine. I have said that he's a little better than I gave him credit for. But then again, who cares if someone is good only until the game is on the line?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Geno has seven game-winning drives in his career. So in roughly 20% of his starts, he's come from behind to win. He just has.

Can you keep a running percentage update for us this year knowone on Geno's game winning drives?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Dude, do you just want to argue about everything? I'm sorry, but "balling" is not playing well for 2 or 3 quarters, and then not finishing the job. That's managing, and NOT getting the job done. That's not balling at all. He was pretty solid for 3 quarters. Not good enough. And that's fine, this is what I expected out of him.
I understand you clearly love you some Geno, and that's fine. I have said that he's a little better than I gave him credit for. But then again, who cares if someone is good only until the game is on the line?
Was just a simple question lol

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Right, because Geno is SO good in the 4th quarter or when the game is on the line :rolleyes:
He made a terrible decision at the end of the game. So you are correct.
However, at the time I posted that he was ballin'. The team had 20+ points and his QB rating was at 119. He was playing well to that point. Too bad the defense was stallin'.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I admire your pettiness.

It's one of my greatest personality traits.

But hey, maybe don't say dumb stuff and people won't remember said dumb stuff. Geno's now crapped the bed more times in the 4th in not even a full season here than a hobo after eating a tray of week old sushi out of a hot dumpster.

knownone

Reaction score
It's one of my greatest personality traits.

But hey, maybe don't say dumb stuff and people won't remember said dumb stuff. Geno's now crapped the bed more times in the 4th in not even a full season here than a hobo after eating a tray of week old sushi out of a hot dumpster.
Are statistics dumb?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Are statistics dumb?

The one you posted is yes.

To try and refute a very obvious factual observation about how horrible Geno's been in 4th quarters and last drives when he's started games for Seattle........as CLEARLY evident once again yesterday to some irrelevant antiquated stat from 10 years ago?

Yes, it was dumb. You were either just arguing to argue, or you haven't been watching Geno in Seattle. Because NO ONE could come up with your conclusion after seeing how bad he's been in the 4th and last drives here.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They had the ball at the 28 yard line. He should have got the job done. But he didn't, yet again. Not sure why that hurts some people's feelings, but ok.