Unlock Lock?

Are You Ready To "Unlock Lock?"

• Total voters

nwHawk

Reaction score
Carroll said in his press conference that they have not been allowing Geno to sling it downfield. Maybe they should let Geno sling it before we start declaring that he is incapable of it. He throws the route that are called. Perhaps we should talk about leaving training wheels on the offense when the QB has been in the system for over a year. That is a failure of both head coach and offensive coordinator.
Part of me feels like this is a “protect the team moment”. Pete has no problem falling on the sword to keep the pressure of his players.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Carroll said in his press conference that they have not been allowing Geno to sling it downfield. Maybe they should let Geno sling it before we start declaring that he is incapable of it. He throws the route that are called. Perhaps we should talk about leaving training wheels on the offense when the QB has been in the system for over a year. That is a failure of both head coach and offensive coordinator.
100% this!!
Ask yourself, would you like a QB that completes 81% of his passes?

What would you trade for that? A 1st, maybe 2 Firsts?

Well look no further...you got him for free...Geno Smith. You don't bench a QB thats connecting on 81%, you change up the situation around him.

That being said, Geno can't throw to far down the field without over throwing a guy. Geno has been around to long not to have solved his issues.

I sure don't have the answer. 1 QB throws INTs like its the DBs birthday and other QB over throws a 15 yard pass. We know what we are getting in both guys, so pick your poison.

Final call...Bring in Lock. I would just hate to have him pop in week 14 and take the world by storm and wonder what could have been with 10 losses on the board.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
By all means, keep playing a career average at best QB who hasn't lead his team to a single point in 6 quarters.
Sorry if that hurts some people's feelings, but Geno is what he is, and he has not proven he can lead a team when it counts. And, the DEFENSE won that Bronco's game.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
By all means, keep playing a career average at best QB who hasn't lead his team to a single point in 6 quarters.
Sorry if that hurts some people's feelings, but Geno is what he is, and he has not proven he can lead a team when it counts. And, the DEFENSE won that Bronco's game.
It doesn't hurt anyone's feelings. Everyone knows how you feel - you've said it. A lot.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I figure Geno has the Atlanta game to show Pete he can do enough to win games.

If he struggles like he has the past six quarters to generate offense then it's Lock time.

Slick

Reaction score
They need to be more balanced with the run. Our % passing plays puts us at 7th in the league! Is it because we are playing from behind?

Penny and whatshisface rookie should be getting more attempts.

RankTeam2022Last 3Last 1HomeAway2021
1NY Jets74.66%74.66%70.15%78.48%70.15%63.32%
2Las Vegas70.94%70.94%65.57%65.57%76.79%62.88%
3New Orleans68.29%68.29%69.70%69.70%66.67%51.47%
4Miami67.97%67.97%73.91%61.02%73.91%59.71%
5Minnesota67.50%67.50%81.36%54.10%81.36%58.54%
6LA Rams65.89%65.89%58.73%65.89%--59.31%
7Seattle65.63%65.63%70.21%61.22%70.21%56.71%

sprhawk73

Reaction score
I'm good with Geno playing the year. At least we know what to expect, a high draft pick.

I don't think it would be all that different with Lock. Except initially he would be worse because he has a learning curve but there is enough evidence that his ceiling probably isn't much higher than Geno. Might be more turnovers, so I guess that at least could be exciting.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The HC can't have a preseason competition, (which was conclusively won), to decide on a starter and then bench the starter after 1 loss. It's a double-quick way to lose credibility.
Pete Carroll -> "We Need to Take Care of The Ball".
Turning the ball over three times is why Drew Lock was put on the back burner..."We're deep enough...STOP DIGGING"!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm good with Geno playing the year. At least we know what to expect, a high draft pick.

I don't think it would be all that different with Lock. Except initially he would be worse because he has a learning curve but there is enough evidence that his ceiling probably isn't much higher than Geno. Might be more turnovers, so I guess that at least could be exciting.

Lock would throw more picks, but he'd also move the offense because he's not afraid to sling it around.

Would that equal more wins? Idk, but it'd sure as hell score more points. The WR's are already getting frustrated, it's going to get worse if Geno keeps playing safe ball.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Geno plays like he's afraid to throw it more than 25 yards. But pointing that out makes someone a "hater" blah blah blah.
No, it's just the way he plays.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Averaging 1 TD a game is a guaranteed L. Geno is incapable of pushing the ball downfield. Run Lock, he at least has a chance of winning games and give the kid some reps. Geno will never be anything more than he is now. He will never magically become a starter in this league. 3 and outs are effectivley the same as turnovers as far as getting reps. This offense with Geno at the helm is DOA and 100% ineffective. Let the kid sling it and let the chips fall where they may. Its far better than watching Geno march out there and throw checkdowns all day.
Point is, Geno CAN "sling it" just as well as "The Kid"...Being careless & throwing PANIC balls is exciting?? who'd a thunk it.
The Offensive Line is not going grow their NEEDED skills sitting on the bench because of the exciting hurry up 3 & outs, eh?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Can he though? When has he shown that? You can't play scared, which is exactly what we have seen from him this year at times.
Throw the damn ball around, stop being afraid.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Lock will throw plenty of TDs, as opposing DBs run it back for six points.

The season is a wash, give Geno a chance with the cuffs off. If he still can't deliver points, then reevaluate the situation and go from there. In the mean time Lock can work on his game in practice and on the sidelines for if/when his number is called.

Fade

Reaction score
Does Pete not know he could've made the adjustment and opened it up during the game? Why is he so darn slow to adjust? What was going through his head as he watched his offense do nothing for another half?

What if in this game the best strategy is to run the ball due to ATL's bad run def?

Now Geno is gonna end up with a bunch of turnovers with the Seahawks losing the game. Pete afterwards "We need to run the ball more."

A day late and a dollar short, Pete.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This is nothing new. Pete speak saying what he should have done. At the same time, what's he supposed to say? We really sucked and it's all my fault. Our QB sucks, we can't tackle etc. I just grew tired of him telling everyone what he SHOULD HAVE DONE, and his blatant refusal to adjust in game. I don't hate the guy, but he has been outcoached so many times, it's maddening.