Time to get Baker

Rosco

Reaction score
I personally think Baker has far more upside than it seems some here thinks he has. I think it is possible he is a legit starting caliber QB. Remember the Browns are a very poorly run franchise. I do think its worth a shot if/when the Browns realize they are going to have to eat a lot of that salary.
They used to be a poorly run franchise. They got a very good defense, a top notch running game with Chubb & Hunt, one of the better receiving cores in the league. They just didn’t have a QB. Kevin Stefnaski is doing a great job there.
Baker needs everything around him to be perfect in order to look decent.
He’s also doesn’t have the respect of the players around him.
The receiver from the Panthers came out publicly against them trading for Baker. You think he did that based on perception? No, he called Browns players and asked them about Baker. There’s a reason players are not jumping to the defense of Baker.
Drew Lock when he got traded, was being widely criticized but guess what DK Metcalf came to his defense. Why? Cause he did the same thing. He called players with the Broncos and got a heads up on Lock. Whatever the situation is with Lock he had the respect of players in the Locker room.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I personally think Baker has far more upside than it seems some here have. I think it is possible he is a legit starting caliber QB. Remember the Browns are a very poorly run franchise. I do think its worth a shot if/when the Browns realize they are going to have to eat a lot of that salary.

They used to be a poorly run franchise. They got a very good defense, a top notch running game with Chubb & Hunt, one of the better receiving cores in the league. They just didn’t have a QB. Kevin Stefnaski is doing a great job there.
The receiver from the Panthers came out publicly against them trading for Baker. You think he did that based on perception? No, he called Browns players and asked them about Baker. There’s a reason players are not jumping to the defense of Baker.
Drew Lock when he got traded, was being widely criticized but guess what DK Metcalf came to his defense. Why? Cause he did the same thing. He called players with the Broncos and got a heads up on Lock. Whatever the situation is with Lock he had the respect of players in the Locker room.
That may be true that Lock has the players respect and Mayfield doesn't. I really don't know and neither do you. Its just speculation. Regardless, Mayfield has been much better than Lock on the field. Which is what matters most. Maybe Mayfield learns from this I don't know. Also the Browns did not have a great WR room. They had a good line and a good run game. Their D was middling at best.

Rat

Reaction score
This is a lot of assumptions made from one-line twitter posts.

CPHawk

Reaction score
And what if Wilson had been almost traded in year 3-4? What kind of report would players around the league had gotten on him if they called anyone on the defense or Baldwin?

Lots of guys who teammates don’t like. It doesn’t make a guy not worth getting, especially for basically nothing at this point. If he’s a issue, cut him. You only lose a late draft pick.

Rosco

Reaction score
That may be true that Lock has the players respect and Mayfield doesn't. I really don't know and neither do you. Its just speculation. Regardless, Mayfield has been much better than Lock on the field. Which is what matters most. Maybe Mayfield learns from this I don't know. Also the Browns did not have a great WR room. They had a good line and a good run game. Their D was middling at best.
Actually Cleveland did have a great WR room just didn’t have a QB that could take advantage of it. And if Chubb and Hunt weren’t having a good game neither was Baker.
It’s not pure speculation to say he didn’t have the respect of the locker room. Just got to be objective and read the tea leaves.

GemCity

Reaction score
No Baker. No drafting a QB.

Excellent and is exactly what I was hoping for.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Actually Cleveland did have a great WR room just didn’t have a QB that could take advantage of it. And if Chubb and Hunt weren’t having a good game neither was Baker.
It’s not pure speculation to say he didn’t have the respect of the locker room. Just got to be objective and read the tea leaves.
K, thats your opinion. Its definitely not mine or most anyone elses. Beckham was mostly injured and not his old self there. Jarvis Landry was slow and steady and Mayfield's favorite target but nothing special. That is nowhere near a top shelf WR room. Not even mid tier in my opinion. Nobody has even bothered to sign Beckham so far this year.

Rosco

Reaction score
K, thats your opinion. Its definitely not mine or most anyone elses. Beckham was mostly injured and not his old self there. Jarvis Landry was slow and steady and Mayfield's favorite target but nothing special. That is nowhere near a top shelf WR room. Not even mid tier in my opinion. Nobody has even bothered to sign Beckham so far this year.
Everyone with an objective mind sees what I’m seeing. You obviously have a bias in regards to Baker. OBJ proved he wasn’t the problem once he went to L.A. your opinion isn’t any good if you think they were not even mid tier.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Everyone with an objective mind sees what I’m seeing. You obviously have a bias in regards to Baker. OBJ proved he wasn’t the problem once he went to L.A. your opinion isn’t any good if you think they were not even mid tier.
I have no bias towards Mayfield. I didn't follow him in college, don't care about him generally, I'm not even invested in him coming here. I just find you trying to claim he had a great WR room laughable. Beckham hardly even played he was injured so often and when he did he wasn't anything special. Beckham might be one of the most over rated WR's in the leaugue by fans. He came out extremely hot, had a great catch that elevated his status, and has been injured and mediocre ever since. Landry is a steady receiver but nothing special. That does not even come close to being a great WR room. Your just plain wrong on this.
And again, if he was so great in L.A. last year why have they not bothered to re-sign him? In fact NO ONE has bothered to sign him.

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score

Hooooooly shit, they didn't have great WR?? They had Odell and Landry with a power running game and a damn good TE and their defense was legit.

This might be one of the worst takes I've ever seen

Rosco

Reaction score
This is a lot of assumptions made from one-line twitter posts.
Not a assumption. Whenever a player, especially at QB, is traded they make calls. They just don’t blindly go along with it. Players, as a matter of FACT, call the players they know on a team, such as the Broncos or Browns, to find out about a player that’s being traded to their team.
Plenty of players have brought up the point, why hasn’t any players come to Bakers defense. When you have the respect of the locker room, players will come out in your defense. Nobody’s defending Baker.

Rosco

Reaction score
I have no bias towards Mayfield. I didn't follow him in college, don't care about him generally, I'm not even invested in him coming here. I just find you trying to claim he had a great WR room laughable. Beckham hardly even played he was injured so often and when he did he wasn't anything special. Beckham might be one of the most over rated WR's in the leaugue by fans. He came out extremely hot, had a great catch that elevated his status, and has been injured and mediocre ever since. Landry is a steady receiver but nothing special. That does not even come close to being a great WR room. Your just plain wrong on this.
And again, if he was so great in L.A. last year why have they not bothered to re-sign him? In fact NO ONE has bothered to sign him.
They are trying to resign him. They’ve already made offers. He also just tore his acl,.
Like I said, they had a great wr room, just didn’t have a good QB to take advantage of it.
Remember, if Baker were any good, he’d still be the Browns starting QB.
Also, if Baker were any good and the Browns still wanted to move on, he would have been traded already. Teams would not have had a problem trading a 1st,2nd or 3rd for him. They would all have happily paid his $19M in guaranteed money which is chump change compared to the $40M+ QBs are getting now.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
They are trying to resign him. They’ve already made offers. He also just tore his acl,.
Like I said, they had a great wr room, just didn’t have a good QB to take advantage of it.
Remember, if Baker were any good, he’d still be the Browns starting QB.
Also, if Baker were any good and the Browns still wanted to move on, he would have been traded already. Teams would not have had a problem trading a 1st,2nd or 3rd for him. They would all have happily paid his $19M in guaranteed money which is chump change compared to the $40M+ QBs are getting now.
That great WR room is 2 WR's that are both unsigned. Beckham hardly even played when he was at the Browns. Do you really rate Landry that high? He is a slow possession receiver. That's nothing special. Mayfiled played better when Beckham was on the sidelines. Again Beckham is so over rated by fans and the NFL is showing that right now by not even bothering to sign him. Yes, he is currently injured but if he is elite that does not stop teams from jumping on the chance to get him on your team. HE IS NOT ELITE!!
So how then is having a guy that hardly plays and is no longer elite and a slow possession receiver great? Answer, it wasn't.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I’m not sure the Browns are willing to trade Baker right now because they don’t know if Watson is going to get suspended by the league.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Do you guys think that if Tyreek Hill, Davante Adams, D.K Metcalf, A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel, Stefon Diggs, etc. tore their ACL that they would just be sitting out there unsigned as free agents? The answer is absolutely not. The NFL does not consider him elite and its obvious through their actions.
Rams may be trying to re-sign him but obviously they aren't willing to pay a large contract or he would be signed already. So the last team that had him doesn't want to pay a large contract. Does that tell you they view him as an elite or even great wide receiver? Again fans perception of Beckham is really far off base.

Rosco

Reaction score
That great WR room is 2 WR's that are both unsigned. Beckham hardly even played when he was at the Browns. Do you really rate Landry that high? He is a slow possession receiver. That's nothing special. Mayfiled played better when Beckham was on the sidelines. Again Beckham is so over rated by fans and the NFL is showing that right now by not even bothering to sign him. Yes, he is currently injured but if he is elite that does not stop teams from jumping on the chance to get him on your team. HE IS NOT ELITE!!
So how then is having a guy that hardly plays and is no longer elite and a slow possession receiver great? Answer, it wasn't.
Fact is, Baker Mayfield sucks and no WR is going to look good with him @QB.

Rosco

Reaction score
Do you guys think that if Tyreek Hill, Davante Adams, D.K Metcalf, A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel, Stefon Diggs, etc. tore their ACL that they would just be sitting out there unsigned as free agents? The answer is absolutely not. The NFL does not consider him elite and its obvious through their actions.
Rams may be trying to re-sign him but obviously they aren't willing to pay a large contract or he would be signed already. So the last team that had him doesn't want to pay a large contract. Does that tell you they view him as an elite or even great wide receiver? Again fans perception of Beckham is really far off base.
This isn’t about OBJ. It’s about the fact that Baker Mayfield sucks. If T. Hill,D. Adams and DK Metcalf were Baker Mayfields WR in Cleveland you would say they weren’t any good. Why? Because you don’t recognize that Baker Mayfield would make any receiver look bad.