Time to get Baker

seabowl

Reaction score
Having passed on qb’s would it surprise anyone if Hawks now trade for Baker?

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
No. There are no qb needy teams in front of Seattle till they pick next. Willis or Ridder should be available.

Own The West

Reaction score
Why would we want to spend resources to for another QB project? If Lock doesn't work out this year, Mayfield will be a free agent next year and you can kick the tires on him then for free.

Or you could forget about him altogether and focus on getting a better prospect in the 2023 draft...

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Why would we want to spend resources to for another QB project? If Lock doesn't work out this year, Mayfield will be a free agent next year and you can kick the tires on him then for free.

Or you could forget about him altogether and focus on getting a better prospect in the 2023 draft...
Whatever team gets Baker can franchise him if he has a bounce back year. Also much more of an unknown with drafting a rookie

CPHawk

Reaction score
A 4th and Dallas for Baker. Outside of something like that, they will be forced to cut him at some point. No way will he just sit on the bench quietly and not be a distraction.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
To answer your question; yes, I would be surprised if they took him on. They like Lock enough, and as mentioned we don't really have the need to take on Mayfield's contract right now.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score

I'm fine if they don't draft a qb. I'd much rather they shore up both lines and DB positions. If they do draft one I'd be ok with it too. Was just answering the OP's question whether anyone would be surprised if they traded now for baker. Yes, I would be surprised. They should use that pick on drafting someone and if they do want a qb draft one with a smaller salary then taking on mayfields.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
To answer your question; yes, I would be surprised if they took him on. They like Lock enough, and as mentioned we don't really have the need to take on Mayfield's contract right now.
Likely would only have to pay small amount of his contact and draft capital. Worth the risk IMO

rcaido

Reaction score
With Baker we can actually win games(6 wins) which is what we dont want to do on a first year re-build. I rather just bank on Geno Smith/Lock, they will get us around 4 wins or less this year.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
With Baker we can actually win games(6 wins) which is what we dont want to do on a first year re-build. I rather just bank on Geno Smith/Lock, they will get us around 4 wins or less this year.
With a decent qb this O has a lot of talent to move the chains. I think you would be surprised on what the team can do wit a guy like Baker.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'd trade for Baker and draft Willis, Ridder or Correll nothing worng with a little competition. Your gonna get a comp pick for Baker next year anyway.

GemCity

Reaction score
No thanks on Baker. What’s wrong with you people? Lol.

No QB in this years draft. We asked for Lock. We got Lock. We’ve got Geno. Studs? Nope. What a lot of fans and FO asked for? Yep.

Let’s see how it works out since “Pete’s offense just needs a game manager”.

We’ve got some excellent building blocks to work with. But we’re not going to comPete this year. Why reach?

I’d love to take a QB in next years draft while snagging a CB and DT here in the next two days.

If you can grab a Howell (I wouldn’t) or Ridder (maybe) past that, take a shot.

Latest posts