Time to get Baker

sutz

Reaction score
Frankly, I don't want to see those commercials with Lumen as the backdrop. :devilish:

JPatera76

Reaction score
I do not want baker. Dude doesn't even want to really come to Seattle. You can hear it in his tone during his interview. "I guess Seattle is an option" wow man say it with some more excitement maybe shit.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
The Browns have no leverage.
-Absolutely. I'd give them a 5th just so they can save face. I don't know that Mayfield is the answer but I also don't know that he's not. IF we think he might be, I wouldn't wait for him to be released. Whether he seemed excited about Seattle or not, only he knows that. But why wouldn't he be?

If we wait for him to be released, he might hold that against us and go elsewhere. I really don't care but this draft has me pumped and I'm again ready to win. Whether Mayfield works out for us or not (or even signs with us) remains to be seen. Either way, I'd do my all to get the best QB available in next year's draft...and then go from there.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Why would we want to spend resources to for another QB project? If Lock doesn't work out this year, Mayfield will be a free agent next year and you can kick the tires on him then for free.

Or you could forget about him altogether and focus on getting a better prospect in the 2023 draft...
I hope that is exactly the case. I would have preferred a draft pick to Mayfield, and certainly would from next year's QB class.

James in PA

Reaction score
With Corral going to Carolina, it leaves Seattle as the only realistic option at this moment. The Browns better play nice and take whatever the hell they can get and agree to eat a lot of Baker's salary. Otherwise, the Hawks can tell them to screw off and select Howell. As others have said, the Brownies have ZERO leverage.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I wouldn't describe myself as excited about Mayfield coming here. I do think its fairly likely at this point. Browns have no leverage at this point. He isn't going to be on their roster. Pete will want to be a competitive team and Mayfield gives them the best chance at that. Lock and Geno give them an excellent chance at a top ten pick.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Now that Carolina is out all we are going to hear is Baker to Seattle. Hopefully Pete shuts this crap down publicly. There is zero need to bring this guy here.

CPHawk

Reaction score
If all we have to give up is a pick from today for Baker. He doesn’t have to be the answer, just a stop gate until we land a true 1 next draft. SF made the nfc title game with worse.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
If all we have to give up is a pick from today for Baker. He doesn’t have to be the answer, just a stop gate until we land a true 1 next draft. SF made the nfc title game with worse.
Why can't Drew Lock be that guy? Mayfield is not an upgrade on Lock

CPHawk

Reaction score
Why can't Drew Lock be that guy? Mayfield is not an upgrade on Lock
Maybe you have seen a different Lock than me and most people. But in 3 years he hasn’t shown he is better than a backup qb. He is basically a 1td to 1 int guy. I wish he could be better, but so far he hasn’t shown it.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Maybe you have seen a different Lock than me and most people. But in 3 years he hasn’t shown he is better than a backup qb. He is basically a 1td to 1 int guy. I wish he could be better, but so far he hasn’t shown it.
I just think if we are going with a 1 year plug and drafting next year that there is no point in Mayfield and I dont think he's much of an upgrade.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Is Baker willing to learn and compete? Does he have grit? If not, I don’t see Pete wanting him in Seattle.

W

Welshers

If they truly want to be competitive this season like they say, then it's the best option. Mayfield has shown he can win in this league when healthy. They have the pieces around them to at least make a push at a WC

Rat

Reaction score
Is Baker willing to learn and compete? Does he have grit? If not, I don’t see Pete wanting him in Seattle.
Absolutely yes on those first two questions. Frankly, he and Pete would be perfect together. Baker puts all his heart into what he does.

Rosco

Reaction score
Absolutely yes on those first two questions. Frankly, he and Pete would be perfect together. Baker puts all his heart into what he does.
Will Baker have the respect of the locker room? No.

Rosco

Reaction score
If all Seattle is looking for is a Bridge QB until next draft then they already got their QB. You don’t give up a draft pick for something you already have. Baker is on his way to being a lifelong backup or a starter in the CFL.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I personally think Baker has far more upside than it seems some here thinks he has. I think it is possible he is a legit starting caliber QB. Remember the Browns are a very poorly run franchise. I do think its worth a shot if/when the Browns realize they are going to have to eat a lot of that salary.

Latest posts