This team has no heart....

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
I never have seen a team fade away so quickly after an interception. It was a close game up until that point. Russ was gun shy after the interception and was clearly "thinking" instead of ball'n. The defense IMO, isnt good enough to keep us in games either, when the offense has become gun shy. Collectively, the team showed no heart and seemingly gave up collectively after that pick.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
C'mon man.

Now if you talking about physicality and imposing our will on teams like we used to, yes that's been gone for a good 3-4 years. But heart? No, this team has an entire roster and coaching staff full of guys who care about winning and losing, and prepare as such.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
I wish the Falcons had half the heart the Seahawks have... and yes I watch Seattle every week.

Was really hoping we'd have something to talk about regarding the game but unfortunately Atlanta is a complete dumpster fire this season and will find a way to give you the victory despite having arguably the most talented roster of any 1-6 team in history.

Quinn should be fired at the bye week after Atlanta drops to 1-7.

Tinymac2

Reaction score
I disagree with you. If you had said, “ this team has no identity”, we would have a talking point. Yesterday’s game was a fluke. That wasn’t Seahawk football. Someone tried to get cute and we got our asses handed to us. Let’s get back to basics and get ready for the next opponent.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Tinymac2":35k9p20u said:
I disagree with you. If you had said, “ this team has no identity”, we would have a talking point. Yesterday’s game was a fluke. That wasn’t Seahawk football. Someone tried to get cute and we got our asses handed to us. Let’s get back to basics and get ready for the next opponent.

But this is Seahawk football, and it has been for 3-4 years.

We are now a team totally and completely dependent on Russell playing out of his mind in order to squeak out wins....and so far this year and last that's been relatively successful.

To a point, and that point is about a 10-11 win team on the high side, and 8-9 win team on the low side. Until Pete and John get this defense back to a dominant top 5 defense, this is what our seasons are going to look like. Some great close win, and 5-6 sloppy losses that look like the Saints game and yesterday.

morgulon1

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1helprl1 said:
I wish the Falcons had half the heart the Seahawks have... and yes I watch Seattle every week.

Was really hoping we'd have something to talk about regarding the game but unfortunately Atlanta is a complete dumpster fire this season and will find a way to give you the victory despite having arguably the most talented roster of any 1-6 team in history.

Quinn should be fired at the bye week after Atlanta drops to 1-7.

Quinn was a pretty damn good coordinator while he was here. Hmmmmmmmm.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
I think this run first crap is killing us. I've heard a bunch of people (reporters and announcers) ask why we are not scoring fast and early. Every game seems way over managed and it doesn't make sense, RW is now a proven elite veteran QB, we should be letting him loose early, getting way ahead and closing out games with the run.

After this game I am seriously not looking forward to facing SF.

Tinymac2

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3npduz4x said:
Tinymac2":3npduz4x said:

We are now a team totally and completely dependent on Russell playing out of his mind in order to squeak out wins....and so far this year and last that's been relatively successful.

To a point, and that point is about a 10-11 win team on the high side, and 8-9 win team on the low side. Until Pete and John get this defense back to a dominant top 5 defense, this is what our seasons are going to look like. Some great close win, and 5-6 sloppy losses that look like the Saints game and yesterday.

Yesterday was 2017 seahawks football. Finesse football.

Is Russ super efficient, hell yes. However, last year we were a power running team. That defined us. Yesterday we were a finesse passing team. Where did that come from?

Turnovers happen but you can’t blame the D when we spot them 14 points in this specific case.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Tinymac2":1ojbf21d said:
Sgt. Largent":1ojbf21d said:
Tinymac2":1ojbf21d said:

Is Russ super efficient, hell yes. However, last year we were a power running team. That defined us. Yesterday we were a finesse passing team. Where did that come from?

Turnovers happen but you can’t blame the D when we spot them 14 points in this specific case.

We're 21st in the league in scoring defense. Remember when we were #1? Yeah, that's what I'm talking about, the way Pete wants to play on both sides of the ball is failing him right now.

In order for his plodding ball control pound the rock with explosive play offense is most successful is when there's also a punishing athletic physical defense that imposes their will on our opponents.

Again, that hasn't been the case for quite a few seasons now. Thus 10-6 and getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs against a more physical team.....and we saw it again yesterday. Baltimore was more athletic, physical and pounded the rock on us.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Unless you're on the field and in the locker room with those guys, it's not fair to question their heart.

There's many other things that should be questioned, such as gameplanning, playcalling, decision making, tackling, skill sets, formations, awareness, etc.
Heart is the last thing that should be questioned

AgentDib

Reaction score
I think it's fair to talk about heart in very specific cases, such as this play last night.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BirdsInformer/status/1186116759172112384[/tweet]

Go read some Eagles stuff today if you want to feel better. They are less than two years removed from a Super Bowl win and the fan base is in complete meltdown mode.

Tinymac2

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1yghwiz5 said:
Tinymac2":1yghwiz5 said:
Sgt. Largent":1yghwiz5 said:
Tinymac2":1yghwiz5 said:

We're 21st in the league in scoring defense. Remember when we were #1? Yeah, that's what I'm talking about, the way Pete wants to play on both sides of the ball is failing him right now.

In order for his plodding ball control pound the rock with explosive play offense is most successful is when there's also a punishing athletic physical defense that imposes their will on our opponents.

Again, that hasn't been the case for quite a few seasons now. Thus 10-6 and getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs against a more physical team.....and we saw it again yesterday. Baltimore was more athletic, physical and pounded the rock on us.

While I completely agree with your last sentence, imo we should of gone into half leading 21-3. The play calling was atrocious and I don’t complain about play calling except 2017 play calling.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
AgentDib":2awzwrnx said:
I think it's fair to talk about heart in very specific cases, such as this play last night.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BirdsInformer/status/1186116759172112384[/tweet]

Go read some Eagles stuff today if you want to feel better. They are less than two years removed from a Super Bowl win and the fan base is in complete meltdown mode.
Agholor is a terrible player with a ton of talent. There was yet another story this week talking about how the locker room doesn't like Wentz. I wonder if this play is a manifestation of that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Tinymac2":2vor4v4l said:
Sgt. Largent":2vor4v4l said:
Tinymac2":2vor4v4l said:
Sgt. Largent":2vor4v4l said:

While I completely agree with your last sentence, imo we should of gone into half leading 21-3. The play calling was atrocious and I don’t complain about play calling except 2017 play calling.

Then add in "and we played too conservative" to my list of why we got beat. Look no further than Jackson talking Harbaugh into going for it on 4th and goal and scoring a TD and Pete choosing to kick a 53 yard FG in terrible conditions and not trusting Russell and the offense to REALLY step on Baltimore's throat by converting a 4th down and continuing that drive scoring a TD.

But that's Pete, he rarely makes the correct situational playcall or decision. He's terrible at it.

xray

Reaction score
The players have heart ; but this team as a whole doesn't have an attitude or an identity . Several players seem to be playing for themselves ; which sabotages the team aspect . IMO

LTH

Reaction score
"This team has no heart"

Pete is shaking his head...

Come on man! If you see an absence in heart than you dont know what heart is!

LTH

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hyperbole at its finest. This team has plenty of heart, talent and drive otherwise they wouldn't be 5-2.

This team is young and has its issues but to be 5-2 is never a fluke. It takes commitment, focus, talent, determination to win in the NFL. Don't let a temporary setback blind you from the fact that this team is a good one, and only going to get better with experience.