this team feels different

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I can either move this thread to the Shack, lock it, or y’all can settle down with the personal crap.

Please just settle down and get back to the topic.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Yeah M’s forums has become pretty toxic. People need to cut down on the internet fights. If you don’t like what you read, just don’t respond or ignore.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I gotta' be honest, I went full Deb after that loss last night. I know it's early, but his offense SO FAR is a flat out joke. Esp. with guys on base. They have handed away 4 or 5 games already. Enough already. Get some f'ing clutch hits. Castillo only gave up 2 runs, and one of those was basically because of a 2 base throwing error.

Murphy sucks, Kolton Wong sucks, the list goes on. Get it together, and NOW. Not later. Same sh** every f'ing year. It's maddening. 2 guys on base, pitcher struggling and Haggerty swings at a 3-0 pitch. Haggerty. Pathetic at bats all thru the lineup.

Get that W today, and start f'ing winning some damn baseball games. Might as well change the slogan: "The Seattle Mariners.........we leave guys on base"

Last edited:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic.

I think a lot of us saw the shortcoming before the season started. But a lot of them are easily fixable. Adding another arm to the pen shouldn't be too hard. Releivers are always available before the trade deadline.

They will need a DH and possibly a 2B. Moore will help a lot with that. I think people forget just how solid he is. But I could see them adding a bat similar to how they added Santana last season.

The starting pitching will only get better once Robbie comes back. Same with the bullpen and Munoz. We are losing a lot of games we won last year, it should even out as the season goes continues. I still think we are somewhere around a 86 win team.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I know it's WAY too early, but I'm about done with seeing Wong at 2B. He just doesn't have it anymore. Just my opinion.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Back to .500 and trending up!
Who do we have in minors that can replace Wong?

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Oh brother, just stop.
It has been 5 GAMES. Get over it. Nobody is forcing you to watch the games. They started out 2-4 last year. They were 10 games under .500 in June last year.

So ridiculous how whiney and bandwagon this fanbase is. Philly is 0-4, pack it in Philly! Houston is 2-3, PACK IT IN!

5 GAMES out of 162. Throw in the towel :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
To be fair there isn’t a band or wagon to follow here.

There is a lot of apathy for this organization and it’s well earned.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. Def. a lot of the same old same old. Esp. leaving guys on base. I'm starting to get concerned about the bullpen too.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I gotta' be honest, I went full Deb after that loss last night. I know it's early, but his offense SO FAR is a flat out joke. Esp. with guys on base. They have handed away 4 or 5 games already. Enough already. Get some f'ing clutch hits. Castillo only gave up 2 runs, and one of those was basically because of a 2 base throwing error.

Murphy sucks, Kolton Wong sucks, the list goes on. Get it together, and NOW. Not later. Same sh** every f'ing year. It's maddening. 2 guys on base, pitcher struggling and Haggerty swings at a 3-0 pitch. Haggerty. Pathetic at bats all thru the lineup.

Get that W today, and start f'ing winning some damn baseball games. Might as well change the slogan: "The Seattle Mariners.........we leave guys on base"
Don’t sweat it we all go off from time to time.

The thing I hate is so far they proved me right about them being short 2 quality bats and blew it in FA.

Can it be fixed? Time will tell. Bringing up Marlowe or someone else or making a trade will it improve the team? I don’t know.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So hard to even predict what they're going to do. Trying to remind myself they were 10 games under .500 in June last year. But it's really tough to not go in to "here we go again" mode