this team feels different

Echawks

Reaction score
even the post game interview with servais.. it just feels like they expect to win which is a huge departure from last year

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
They still very much feel like the same team from last year. I do think the culture and attitude is “expect to win.”

But for the most part, we are going to win a lot of 2-1 games. Offense will have its fair share of ups and downs but the pitching should keep us in every game.

If we can avoid injuries we will be fine. If Julio, Ty or Suarez go down the lineup will struggle.

The key IMO is JK. He is the difference that could possibly get us to the WS. The offense needs one more difference maker, and it could be him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Oh brother, just stop.
It has been 5 GAMES. Get over it. Nobody is forcing you to watch the games. They started out 2-4 last year. They were 10 games under .500 in June last year.

So ridiculous how whiney and bandwagon this fanbase is. Philly is 0-4, pack it in Philly! Houston is 2-3, PACK IT IN!

5 GAMES out of 162. Throw in the towel :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Oh brother, just stop.
It has been 5 GAMES. Get over it. Nobody is forcing you to watch the games. They started out 2-4 last year. They were 10 games under .500 in June last year.

So ridiculous how whiney and bandwagon this fanbase is. Philly is 0-4, pack it in Philly! Houston is 2-3, PACK IT IN!

5 GAMES out of 162. Throw in the towel :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Oh, so our fan cards are yanked then? We can't be fans like You I guess?

Look, I'm a die hard Seahawks fan, and live or die, I rarely turn them off.

I admit it, I'm a fair weather baseball fan. I won't even watch until the team shows a tendency to win. I been listening (mostly without comment) about how "this team is different" only to be shit on by ownership this year, and with it becoming IMMEDIATELY APPARENT our team is sub par. Evidence of being a basement dweller, right off the bat!

Yes, it's only 5 games, but the trend is the usual, a team that the word "mediocre" is too high of praise. If you're not sick of this out of M's management, good for you, but I think even die hard baseball fans have to get tired of our front office's lack of concern when it comes to winning games and titles. The Mariners front office is fine just floating along, never succeeding as long as they have enough asses in the seats to profit the owners, they don't give **** one about the final product.

The fans have a right to be beyond angry and pessimistic by now. This team has shown zero concern about bringing a culture of winning to Seattle. Turning a mediocre profit is all the give a crap about, and until ownership changes, that will remain the same, and you can forget Seattle ever making a WS appearance. No way in HELL.

That ought to piss you off, but apparently it's "just fine".

That said I haven't really felt they were worth watching at all since the early 2000s, when it seemed to matter to ownership what kind of team they fielded (the Ichiro years).

I think he left when he figured out ownership was never gonna invest in the team long term. I'm still pissed they blew up that team so quickly after 2001.

balakoth

Reaction score
Oh, so our fan cards are yanked then? We can't be fans like You I guess?

Look, I'm a die hard Seahawks fan, and live or die, I rarely turn them off.

I admit it, I'm a fair weather baseball fan. I won't even watch until the team shows a tendency to win. I been listening (mostly without comment) about how "this team is different" only to be shit on by ownership this year, and with it becoming IMMEDIATELY APPARENT our team is sub par. Evidence of being a basement dweller, right off the bat!

Yes, it's only 5 games, but the trend is the usual, a team that the word "mediocre" is too high of praise. If you're not sick of this out of M's management, good for you, but I think even die hard baseball fans have to get tired of our front office's lack of concern when it comes to winning games and titles. The Mariners front office is fine just floating along, never succeeding as long as they have enough asses in the seats to profit the owners, they don't give **** one about the final product.

The fans have a right to be beyond angry and pessimistic by now. This team has shown zero concern about bringing a culture of winning to Seattle. Turning a mediocre profit is all the give a crap about, and until ownership changes, that will remain the same, and you can forget Seattle ever making a WS appearance. No way in HELL.

That ought to piss you off, but apparently it's "just fine".

That said I haven't really felt they were worth watching at all since the early 2000s, when it seemed to matter to ownership what kind of team they fielded (the Ichiro years).

I think he left when he figured out ownership was never gonna invest in the team long term. I'm still pissed they blew up that team so quickly after 2001.
Nah its because of the same ol BS after not even one week of baseball.. as if that's how this game is played

beastalamode

Reaction score
Nah its because of the same ol BS after not even one week of baseball.. as if that's how this game is played
This is a team that will probably win around 80 to 85 games and get outclassed by the usual suspects in the AL. It's depressing as hell because we've all seen it over and over many times.

getnasty

Reaction score

Here's the link to everyone melting down last year if you'd like to review.

I may be in the minority but I don't like or dislike like a team based on ownership. Sure having a owner like Paul Allen is nice but I can also tell you when I was young and growing up I wasn't thinking about Ken Berhing being a douche.

If you want a team that goes out and buys players year in and year out then Seattle is probably not your cup of tea.

Long season boys, stay calm.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Flat out admitted you are a fairweather fan, seahawkforlife. Enough said.
Be miserable, couldn't care less. Go M's
And yet AGAIN, it's not JUST FINE if they don't make the World Series. I've never ONCE said that or thought that. You sound like TIMD, just literally making shit up about someone, nice try. Just another depressed, whining fan. Congrats.

OP
OP
E

Echawks

Reaction score
At this point i think Mariners fans are fine being fair weather, in the last 20 years they have given us no reason to really believe in the team.

i have stuck with them, watched almost every game since i was a punk kid watching the Griffeys in the outfield. Doesnt make me better or worse than any other Mariner fan.

if they are down 6 in the 6th ill watch something else, this fandom stuff just needs to die.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah I have no problem with M's fans being fair weather. If the ownership doesn't care about winning, why should fans?

The team will be good, but ownership will be content with us just making the playoffs.

I mentioned it before, but after Wilson's rookie season, we went out and got Avril, Bennett and Harvin. After Julio's rookie season, we went out and got Pollock and Wong. That's not enough.

TIMD

Reaction score
Flat out admitted you are a fairweather fan, seahawkforlife. Enough said.
Be miserable, couldn't care less. Go M's
And yet AGAIN, it's not JUST FINE if they don't make the World Series. I've never ONCE said that or thought that. You sound like TIMD, just literally making shit up about someone, nice try. Just another depressed, whining fan. Congrats.
Making stuff up huh? So what exactly have I made up? Tell us all please....

TIMD

Reaction score
Fair enough. We all watch and follow how we want.
So why do you continue to harass every single poster who doesn't agree with YOUR blind homer-ism & Rah Rah Cis Boom Bah cheerleading nonsense? If YOU are happy watching a lineup everyday packed full with SCRUBS like LaStella, Pollock, Crawford, Murphy, Moore, Haggerty, Hummel.... You go right on ahead. Sitting here & comparing regular season records with World Series teams is ridiculous. The M's didn't win the WS, SOMEONE ELSE did as they do every year. The M's are not going to win the AL West & they definitely are not winning the WS with this roster full of all the scrubs you shake your pom poms for. Stop criticizing others because you want to be a Rah Rah fanboy. That's your option. Good for you. Grow up & stop attacking others from behind a keyboard.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I sat in the mostly empty Kingdome in the '70s and '80s .... hell, I remember being excited about Spike Owen... so maybe I'm forever jaded.... but I truly believe Seattle baseball is forever cursed and will never sniff any sort of ultimate success in any of our lifetimes.

balakoth

Reaction score
This is a team that will probably win around 80 to 85 games and get outclassed by the usual suspects in the AL. It's depressing as hell because we've all seen it over and over many times.
This was gather from 6 games? Hats off to you sir.

Its a better team than last year, but we are going to win less... 10 4

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Can we stop telling people how to “fan”?
The “super fan” shit just doesn’t fly. If one is happy with the moves ownership has made, fine. Some of us disagree. I love baseball as a sport and am a Mariners fan since day one, when I was 8 years old.

I’m not a fan of the ownership group. I think John Stanton talks out of both sides of his mouth and promises to “spend money” this off-season and then fails to do so.

I haven’t spent any money on M’s swag in 15+ years, and have been to exactly 2 games since 2010. I figure when Stanton and company find their wallets to spend on quality free agents, I’ll find my wallet to spent on his product. Everyone has their own perspective on this team, and it’s all subjective. The Mariners are losing out to the Kraken for my sports apparel and ticket dollar. ….but I watch as many M’s games as I can.

Because I’ve been a fan since the beginning that doesn’t make my fandom any more or less valuable than anyone else’s. We are all fans of this team, we are on the same side. If one’s posts irritate you, put that poster on “ignore”, it works.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I can either move this thread to the Shack, lock it, or y’all can settle down with the personal crap.

Please just settle down and get back to the topic.

Thanks for your cooperation.