The Tip

Do you want a statue of The Tip outside the stadium?

• Absolutely. It is our most iconic play

Votes: 39 69.6%
  • No, it was not worthy of a statue

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Other, please specify

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters

BASF

Reaction score
After having watched this team since 1980, I can't really think of any moment that is anywhere close to The Tip as the most iconic. As a Bruins fan, the Bobby Orr statue is one of the coolest things I have seen. I have seen a few people over the years say that The Tip should be a statue outside of the stadium. What is the opinion of the members here? Should The Tip be immortalized outside of the stadium?

Torc

Reaction score
It didn't lead to a super bowl but the Beastquake run is the single most memorable event I can think of in the 40 years I've been watching the Seahawks. I wouldn't mind a statue of that.

OP
OP
BASF

BASF

Reaction score
It didn't lead to a super bowl but the Beastquake run is the single most memorable event I can think of in the 40 years I've been watching the Seahawks. I wouldn't mind a statue of that.
Beastquake is absolutely awesome and the best run in NFL history, but what part would you make a statue of? Him jumping into the endzone grabbing his junk? Him stiff arming Tracy Porter? Him breaking the four tackles as he goes through the line? You'd have to have six statues to convey that.

Torc

Reaction score
Beastquake is absolutely awesome and the best run in NFL history, but what part would you make a statue of? Him jumping into the endzone grabbing his junk? Him stiff arming Tracy Porter? Him breaking the four tackles as he goes through the line? You'd have to have six statues to convey that.
YES! Marshawn grabbing his junk! That'd be an awesome statue! :p

The stiff-arm could be cool. I'm not an artist though. I'll let people who are good at that stuff figure it out.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I mean, would I be mad at a statue commemorating one of the most amazing single plays in our franchise history? NOPE.

It's a universal symbol for all 12's. It doesn't have to mean anything on its most base level other than a moment of greatness frozen in time that took us to a Super Bowl. However, you have to look beyond the, "well we ended up losing that Super Bowl" mindset. Think of it more as capturing an era, the LOB era that took this team to heights never before reached before or since.

BeastQuake would be another obvious hit with the fans. The Harden Hit wouldn't resonate with anyone other than us older farts.

From a pure visual stand point, The Tip would be hard to beat, outside of Beastmode grabbing his junk, however something tells me that wouldn't pass the "family-friendly" element.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I have not read up.

I will say that the Hawks are ingrained in NFCW history. Probably all NFL history.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Unless you all feel that is what DEFINES you.

In the AZ stadium, there is this huge statue of the dude who died in the war. I cry every time I see it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Tip is far more likely than the Junk Grab statue, as much as many of us agree would be total BOSS.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Both would work for me...Imagine either of these in bronze....

Ss

S

Chapow

Reaction score
I if f good f DJ jf to hfthhfdfjhfjvgfg didn't catch handy Jackie's go pick it back up f go k if l

OP
OP
BASF

BASF

Reaction score
This seems to be the best angle of our tone setter blowing up Thomas in the Super Bowl. Could also work.
2F20142F09182Fnfl a ChancellorThomas sk 300x300

WarHawks

Reaction score
I think a large statue of Marshawn busting through four players would be epic. I worked in a bronze foundry once, and the sheer amount of labor involved would employ a bunch of people too. The Tip would be more elegant, as long as they don't name it Just The Tip. Different connotation. Lol