The Hawks are being mismanaged?

cymatica

Reaction score
BandWagon11Hawk":9j4dts1b said:
Aros":9j4dts1b said:
BandWagon11Hawk":9j4dts1b said:
Finally: ending sentences with "..." is one of the most annoying writing techniques I have ever seen - are you trailing off every sentence ... ? ... ...

Hey Mr. 23 Posts, I cannot wait to criticize your writing technique and style as you develop more than just a small sample size.

:pukeface:

What? Criticize each post as I make them. For example, your overuse of puke emoji is pretty puke.

Classy retort about number of posts instead of content. Great stuff.

About as classy as sh!tting on someones writing style because in your opinion it's annoying.

Nunya

Reaction score
BandWagon11Hawk":24m23aqy said:
getnasty":24m23aqy said:
There are plenty of people calling for Pete and John's job. They might not use the term "mismanaged" but it's implied in plenty of post.

No reason to be critical of a guys writing style, those kind of comments are what keep more people from posting.

The OP clearly says "since 2013". Have you read anyone with that opinion anywhere ?

I get it, Seattle passive aggressive doesn't like direct honest feedback. Just learn from it and move on. Or don't, whatever.

Bro....you go on about the other poster cherry picking things...as you are cherry picking yourself. Is the strength of your whole argument based around the specifics of 2013? It is almost like you let his point intentionally fly over your head and then argue....."well....nobody said since 2013".

Also, I don't think you really know what a strawman argument is. If you did, you would not have used the phrase in the context of this thread. For instance arguing that the OP is incorrect that people claim PC mismanages game because the OP hyperbolically said they claim the mismanagement started in 2013 is a type of strawman in itself. It is deflecting from the fact that some ARE saying PC mismanages games and turns the focus over the technicality of the year. It is making an argument over something that really has nothing to do with the context of the OP.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I think it’s perfectly reasonable for fans to be upset and frustrated with Carroll at the helms.

These frustrations weren’t just because of the Giants game alone. These frustrations are due to a collection of single games that Carroll have been out coached since Seattle was getting blown out by Cam Newton in the playoffs for much of the game.

Remember that playoff game?

That game was embarrassing. No offense at all for a majority of that game.

Remember that game? Carolina was up 30 something points by halftime. That was like the beginning of these frustrating offensive game plans that Carroll mismanages and get out coached terribly.

I don’t know why people here seem to think another coach cannot win and get to playoffs with Wilson.

Last time I checked Wilson is considered to be a top 5 QB.

A lot of coaches can win with Wilson as QB.

And a lot of coaches most likely won’t butcher a game plan and clock management as badly as Carroll.

Carroll’s defense isn’t even great anymore!

Carroll can’t even use his strategy to win playoff games!

Play elite defense, don’t turn over the ball on offense.

He can’t do this anymore!

What use is he?

Yes, Seattle is poorly game managed and ill prepared for a Plan B when the offense stalls and sputters.

It’s time to move on from Carroll.

BandWagon11Hawk

Reaction score
Nunya":2kyn3xfh said:
BandWagon11Hawk":2kyn3xfh said:
getnasty":2kyn3xfh said:
There are plenty of people calling for Pete and John's job. They might not use the term "mismanaged" but it's implied in plenty of post.

No reason to be critical of a guys writing style, those kind of comments are what keep more people from posting.

The OP clearly says "since 2013". Have you read anyone with that opinion anywhere ?

I get it, Seattle passive aggressive doesn't like direct honest feedback. Just learn from it and move on. Or don't, whatever.

Bro....you go on about the other poster cherry picking things...as you are cherry picking yourself. Is the strength of your whole argument based around the specifics of 2013? It is almost like you let his point intentionally fly over your head and then argue....."well....nobody said since 2013".

Also, I don't think you really know what a strawman argument is. If you did, you would not have used the phrase in the context of this thread. For instance arguing that the OP is incorrect that people claim PC mismanages game because the OP hyperbolically said they claim the mismanagement started in 2013 is a type of strawman in itself. It is deflecting from the fact that some ARE saying PC mismanages games and turns the focus over the technicality of the year. It is making an argument over something that really has nothing to do with the context of the OP.

I'm "cherry picking" literally the FIRST line of the FIRST post?

My strawman is now because of the original strawman? (And mine is bad, but the original isn't?)

Wtf is this forum?

The OP has now bowed out in the rudest possible way (and yet wants mods to ban me?), no one has replied to anything of substance.

Cool forum all, have a great time yes-manning each other.

pinksheets

Reaction score
BandWagon11Hawk":2ctdrs6k said:
Nunya":2ctdrs6k said:
BandWagon11Hawk":2ctdrs6k said:
getnasty":2ctdrs6k said:

My strawman is now because of the original strawman? (And mine is bad, but the original isn't?)

Wtf is this forum?

The OP has now bowed out in the rudest possible way (and yet wants mods to ban me?), no one has replied to anything of substance.

Can't believe people are responding negatively to you acting like a pedantic and petulant child. Poor guy.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
BandWagon11Hawk":qxrgnku1 said:
Nunya":qxrgnku1 said:
BandWagon11Hawk":qxrgnku1 said:
getnasty":qxrgnku1 said:

Wtf is this forum?

This is my second account, I had one prior to 2012 and took a nice long break because I realized it was a certain group of folks who just bully people out who don't agree with them and at the time I was intimidated. Don't feel that way, although you made some personal attacks (such as the grammar), the rest of what you wrote there are many others who agree with you. I've seen this thing in a lot of other forums, older forum members bullying out all the new people and then the forum slowly dies as it's the same 30-50 people posting and "yes-manning" each other. I come from a different mindset as I'm an older forum member in some other things I take part in (collectibles, MMA, Seahawks, etc.) and understand if you don't want your forum to die, you have to work with newer mindsets and posters. Every community evolves. The forum platform itself is older similar to facebook itself. The folks who primarily use it are surrounded by similar demographics and mindsets and get confirmation everyone else is insane, but they fail to see different demographics on other platforms. This honestly is how divided everyone is on social media in general as "Smart algorithms" just keep all the same like-minded people together. I find it very important personally to keep even keel on a lot of things, I post on even a Niners forum (more than here) to see the non-homer hardcore criticims on our team to keep myself level headed on our own team. Reddit and etc also vastly different opinions. They're all valuable IMO.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
ZagHawk":1mqjbpit said:
This is my second account, I had one prior to 2012 and took a nice long break because I realized it was a certain group of folks who just bully people out who don't agree with them and at the time I was intimidated. Don't feel that way, although you made some personal attacks (such as the grammar), the rest of what you wrote there are many others who agree with you. I've seen this thing in a lot of other forums, older forum members bullying out all the new people and then the forum slowly dies as it's the same 30-50 people posting and "yes-manning" each other. I come from a different mindset as I'm an older forum member in some other things I take part in (collectibles, MMA, Seahawks, etc.) and understand if you don't want your forum to die, you have to work with newer mindsets and posters. Every community evolves. The forum platform itself is older similar to facebook itself. The folks who primarily use it are surrounded by similar demographics and mindsets and get confirmation everyone else is insane, but they fail to see different demographics on other platforms. This honestly is how divided everyone is on social media in general as "Smart algorithms" just keep all the same like-minded people together. I find it very important personally to keep even keel on a lot of things, I post on even a Niners forum (more than here) to see the non-homer hardcore criticims on our team to keep myself level headed on our own team. Reddit and etc also vastly different opinions. They're all valuable IMO.

Speaking for me personally, I love diversity in life and in a forum. What I don't care for is bad bedside manner. Too many Keyboard Warriors that use the power of anonymity to act like a condescending, ill-tempered person. To me, opinions are opinions, we should all be able to engage in debate without stooping to personal attacks and criticism.

I don't want to be a part of a community that all agrees with each other. What I do want is to be a part of a community that is diverse but one that has a mutual respect for each other. Civility and kindness are too often in short supply these days. We don't all have to kiss each other's asses, but we all should have a general respect and ability to get our points across without resorting to mean-spirited personal criticisms to cut other's down.

Just play nice in the sandbox kiddies! Been saying it since I created the joint in 1998. :les:

Latest posts