The Hawks are being mismanaged?

LTH

Reaction score
For some reason people have this understanding that the Hawks have been mismanaged since 2013...

The Hawks have been drafting in the bottom part of the draft for the entire tenure of Carroll's career with the Hawks..

How many top 25 picks have the Hawks had in Carroll's career?

Name a current GM and coach that has had more success than the Seahawks have had in the last 10 years besides BB and the Pats...

how many top 10 picks have the jets, the bears, the cowboys, and almost any team in the NFL in the past 10 years and explain why those teams are not as consistently good as the Seahawks..

LTH

massari

Reaction score
I think a lot of people believe that they're still living off those epic drafts from 2010-12, and that having an elite QB masks a lot of problems.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
LTH I see a lot of your post in the defense of Pete and Russ and that is fine. What it seems to me is that you don’t see that many fans are losing faith in these two or already have(I’m of the later). Most know the history of our drafts and record during this run. What we are seeing now is just repetitive gameplay. It’s like the definition of insanity that goes something like, “repeating the same action expecting a different result.” History is not on Pete’s side when it comes to change or gameplay style adjustment. So for much of us it feels like the insanity thing. I personally think we have seen this organization go as far as it’s going to go with these two together and a change would of some kind would restore my hope. I would eat a thousand crows if I’m wrong but again history is telling me otherwise. After this season is over I hope the organization moves on from either Pete or Russ.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
BubbaGump":18uepqfz said:
LTH I see a lot of your post in the defense of Pete and Russ and that is fine. What it seems to me is that you don’t see that many fans are losing faith in these two or already have(I’m of the later). Most know the history of our drafts and record during this run. What we are seeing now is just repetitive gameplay. It’s like the definition of insanity that goes something like, “repeating the same action expecting a different result.” History is not on Pete’s side when it comes to change or gameplay style adjustment. So for much of us it feels like the insanity thing. I personally think we have seen this organization go as far as it’s going to go with these two together and a change would of some kind would restore my hope. I would eat a thousand crows if I’m wrong but again history is telling me otherwise. After this season is over I hope the organization moves on from either Pete or Russ.

Im definitely ok with criticism of Pete and the whole organization... I have NO problem with that...

The problem I have is that the fan base has gotten so used to winning that the perspective is unreasonable... there is nothing to back up these claims of mismanagement... the NFL is the most competitive organization is the world and the fact that Carroll has kept his team basically in the top ten or fifteen making the playoffs for 8 of his ten years with 2 SB appearances is a completely amazing accomplishment that has been matched by very few in history... this is a hall of fame coach that is being treated like garbage...

Bring insight that can be backed up with fact or its is just that uninformed opinion...

LTH

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Why does it feel like your post is responding to an attack? Anyways, the fact that Pete refuses to change his gameplay style is infuriating to many of us. Is he a HOF coach? Yes. Is he the most successful coach this team has had? Yes. Has the game passed him by? Yes. The facts are in what you are seeing every game day(same old same old).The decline has started, actually started a few years ago IMHO, and I don’t think the needle is going to change direction.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
BubbaGump":35dre34e said:
Why does it feel like your post is responding to an attack? Anyways, the fact that Pete refuses to change his gameplay style is infuriating to many of us. Is he a HOF coach? Yes. Is he the most successful coach this team has had? Yes. Has the game passed him by? Yes. The facts are in what you are seeing every game day(same old same old).The decline has started, actually started a few years ago IMHO, and I don’t think the needle is going to change direction.

Sorry I'm not feeling attacked... I just see things vastly different. This team is tied for first place at 8-4 and making a play off run... This team has worked through adversity after adversity... and is moving forward the D has improved there needs to be some adjustment on O as well as having the O line healthy and playing together to achieve continuity

If the team was 2-10 then you might have a point then there could be some concern of what is going on... but it's not...its 8-4 and in the thick of it....

I don't know how it's going to turn out... I'm not claiming to know everything there is to know... but there is no reason to think this team does not have a legit chance to make a SB run

Maybe they won't I don't know.... but if they drop out in the first round lets have that discussion... but they are right in the thick of it and there is no reason to believe they have any less of a chance than any other team in their position..

LTH

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
What I find interesting is the plan is good when executed.

1. Defense get the ball back and make sure the other team can not make big plays.
2. Get the ball back and take about 5-7 minutes off the clock so you control how many times the other team has the ball.
3. Change up the call once in a while from run run pass punt to Run pass run run pass pass qb keeper etc.
4. Score on our possessions. A TD is preferred, but a FG would be authorized depending on the defense and how they are operating. Running up the score is not allowed as that would keep our defense on the field a lot and tire them out.

Kinda sort of a set of decent tenets to live by in PeteBall.

One other point....peteball is predicated on drafting what Seahawks.net wants. Not whether we have a late first round pick or dont need a safety since we just lost him in free agency. Only what Seahawks.NET wants. :sarcasm_off:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :stirthepot:

:rumble:

uncle fester

Reaction score
Frustrations, especially after losses in games that should’ve been won, are completely understandable.

Change for change sake - without any consideration of the quality of alternatives readily available - not to mention labelling this level of consistency as not good enough, is quite another step to take.

The outlier in standards of consistency is Belicheck. What he’s done is without comparison. The exception always proves the rule.

History - as it has been introduced as a gauge upthread - shows us that beyond the outlier, the standard is much lower than you’d realise.

Look at coaching success and GM success, outside of the outlier. Then look at what has happened here since 2010. Still think we can do better hiring someone else who would leave their previous employ at the drop of a hat? Let’s see some suggestions for two roles that’ll work in tandem happily. This isn’t a criticism, btw. I’m genuinely curious. I suspect I’m not alone in that regard.

BandWagon11Hawk

Reaction score
LTH":35itrd99 said:
For some reason people have this understanding that the Hawks have been mismanaged since 2013...

The Hawks have been drafting in the bottom part of the draft for the entire tenure of Carroll's career with the Hawks..

Name a current GM and coach that has had more success than the Seahawks have had in the last 10 years besides BB and the Pats...

how many top 10 picks have the jets, the bears, the cowboys, and almost any team in the NFL in the past 10 years and explain why those teams are not as consistently good as the Seahawks..

LTH

It's a great straw man you've set up and then blown apart. Something that runs rampant on this site. Can you point us to some quotes or threads that state the hawks have been mismanaged since 2013?

I've never heard anyone say the initial draft classes weren't amazing, care to quote someone ?

For win %, PC is currently 7th in coaches of the modern era, so I guess there are 5 other coaches besides BB.

Saying something could be better isn't "treating someone like garbage". I'm sure there are people "treating PC like garbage" - but it's certainly not based on what you have put together.

Finally: ending sentences with "..." is one of the most annoying writing techniques I have ever seen - are you trailing off every sentence ... ? ... ...

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
BandWagon11Hawk":1cxgsdf2 said:
LTH":1cxgsdf2 said:

LTH

It's a great straw man you've set up and then blown apart. Something that runs rampant on this site. Can you point us to some quotes or threads that state the hawks have been mismanaged since 2013?

I've never heard anyone say the initial draft classes weren't amazing, care to quote someone ?

For win %, PC is currently 7th in coaches of the modern era, so I guess there are 5 other coaches besides BB.

Saying something could be better isn't "treating someone like garbage". I'm sure there are people "treating PC like garbage" - but it's certainly not based on what you have put together.

Finally: ending sentences with "..." is one of the most annoying writing techniques I have ever seen - are you trailing off every sentence ... ? ... ...

Again you have it wrong... wrong wrong wrong... Pete Carroll is listed with the 23 most wins in NFL history... there are only 3 coaches that are active to have more..

Bill belichick, mike tomlin, and Andy Reid..

keep on bandwagoning

............... LTH...........

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
BandWagon11Hawk":3ehvmprd said:

Hey Mr. 23 Posts, I cannot wait to criticize your writing technique and style as you develop more than just a small sample size.

:pukeface:

getnasty

Reaction score
BandWagon11Hawk":2l21lqxw said:
LTH":2l21lqxw said:

LTH

There are plenty of people calling for Pete and John's job. They might not use the term "mismanaged" but it's implied in plenty of post.

No reason to be critical of a guys writing style, those kind of comments are what keep more people from posting.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's fair game to discuss how the QB, Head Coach, and whomever are performing. We're all just here to chat about the Hawks presumably.

However, the timing of much of the recent criticism does leave a lot to be desired and that's what makes the complainers come across poorly. At 8-4 and looking at a likely playoff berth, we are definitely not getting rid of RW or firing Pete Carroll at this point in the season no matter how you personally feel about either. Griping about them now after a bad loss just makes posters seem like they are venting, and most of them probably are.

It would also be a mistake to let your perceptions of the larger Hawks fan base be too colored by the echo chambers of the internet. When people are venting about something in person they can move on immediately, but when people do it via a post then it stays and they've now posted something that they feel invested in defending whether they truly agree with it or not. Hawks twitter is largely garbage for the same reason.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":1j4svt1t said:
.. I'm not claiming to know everything there is to know... but there is no reason to think this team does not have a legit chance to make a SB run

There's plenty of reasons to think they dont have a legit chance to make a SB run though. Whether its the OL getting Wilson killed, the below average to horrific defense allowing playoff caliber teams to casually go up and down the field, Russ playing like he has the past 3 to 4 weeks, Petes awful game planning and stubbornness to go away from the game plan when it doesnt work before its too late, etc,,,. Pick your poison. I see no difference in this team than the ones from the past 5 years except the defense being worse.

BandWagon11Hawk

Reaction score
Aros":aw9nwrst said:
BandWagon11Hawk":aw9nwrst said:

Hey Mr. 23 Posts, I cannot wait to criticize your writing technique and style as you develop more than just a small sample size.

:pukeface:

What? Criticize each post as I make them. For example, your overuse of puke emoji is pretty puke.

Classy retort about number of posts instead of content. Great stuff.

BandWagon11Hawk

Reaction score
LTH":29nbjebl said:
Again you have it wrong... wrong wrong wrong... Pete Carroll is listed with the 23 most wins in NFL history... there are only 3 coaches that are active to have more..

keep on bandwagoning

I literally wrote win%. So you respond to one thing, and you don't respond to what I wrote.

Convince me NUMBER of wins is more important than win% ?

I would buy immediately, for example, playoff wins are more important, and your point would be better made even. Although playoff win % ? PC slips down again.

Care to respond to the rest of your strawman? Nope? No, everyone is just mad I let you know "...'s" are annoying? Everyone's annoyed I called you out on a huge strawman ?

Great honest forum guys. Maybe THIS is why people don't want to post here.

BandWagon11Hawk

Reaction score
getnasty":1fjztsvd said:
There are plenty of people calling for Pete and John's job. They might not use the term "mismanaged" but it's implied in plenty of post.

No reason to be critical of a guys writing style, those kind of comments are what keep more people from posting.

The OP clearly says "since 2013". Have you read anyone with that opinion anywhere ?

I get it, Seattle passive aggressive doesn't like direct honest feedback. Just learn from it and move on. Or don't, whatever.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
BandWagon11Hawk":3f1dzb7f said:
LTH":3f1dzb7f said:

keep on bandwagoning

I literally wrote win%. So you respond to one thing, and you don't respond to what I wrote.

Convince me NUMBER of wins is more important than win% ?

I would buy immediately, for example, playoff wins are more important, and your point would be better made even. Although playoff win % ? PC slips down again.

Care to respond to the rest of your strawman? Nope? No, everyone is just mad I let you know "...'s" are annoying? Everyone's annoyed I called you out on a huge strawman ?

No I'm done...This is all bullshit and not worth my time...think what you want..... I don't give a sh!t...I have the knowledge to blow you out of the water but why put the time into it? You would argue the point knowing your wrong just because you are an ass... Mods/ admin you've got some work to do and not doing it is really down grading this board which used to be a insightful fun place to be...

LTH

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
BandWagon11Hawk":jo2mtd7b said:

Actually it's newbies who come in acting like a complete jerk to seasoned members of this community. Congratulations you've been officially added to my block list.