Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Don't listen to so much Taylor Swift and the alerts will stop hg. lol

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Those pictures actually made me laugh a little. They come across as "just normal folks", except they're not carrying any bags, no water bottles, she doesn't have a purse, etc etc.

I don't know for sure, but I strongly suspect because they have "people" who are carrying any stuff they have. Not to mention keeping the riffraff away. You know, like rich people tend to do. That's not a criticism, but those pictures just showed me two people who are doing normal stuff but they're doing it in a way that most of us never will be able to.
It's Taylor Swift, probably the hottest single person in the world right now. I doubt, if in public, she could do anything that any of us "normal" people could do.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Her music isn't for me; just not my taste.

But I also find it a little silly that grown men are upset by her presence at football games, and by shots of her during football broadcasts. Just a really strange level of insecurity.
Being weary of the NFL for promoting a pop star whose main demographic is girls aged 12 -25 carefully woven into the storyline ?

Insecure ?

Maybe annoyed . This is pure marketing by roger goidell to bring more people to the league. I'm cool with it , I just don't watch KC games .

morgulon1

Reaction score
There is an epidemic of narcissism - usually hits the “alpha” males the most but a lot of the elderly white boomers are pretty insecure with all these changes they can’t seem to either ignore or adapt to.

Without giving too much of my current project away, we are allowed to ignore some of the things we don’t like. No one seems to have a problem with Eminem and his lions fandom. Wonder why that is……..
I don't care about any of those people .
Not one. The nfl can do as it wishes ,
People have the option of doing something else with their time if they choose.

I did that exact thing a couple of years ago . I came back once things settled down .

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Good points ^

Nobody is forcing someone to watch. Don't like that she's on there, don't watch. It's that simple.

Isn't facing that choice the underlying issue, though?

I'm not going to complain about it anymore. I'm over it. Show her all they want. I have nothing against her at all.

However, I understand if people are annoyed by it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I understand that people are annoyed, just like I understand that many think it's no big deal.
In all honesty, this thread is entertainment. Watching people get worked up over trivial crap is funny, to me at least.

Seahawker

Reaction score
I don't think those who are annoyed at seeing TS being a part of KC games are insecure or misogynistic. Some are just old school, probably loved John Madden, hated the new powder puff rule changes and some how equate Taylor's reoccurring image as a reminder of the current wussified NFL. Not everyone has to like mega pop stars made famous by teenage girls.
I don't mind her but I resent these accusatory, finger pointing blame naming done by so many in today's conformity environment.
Sorry for the rant, I just don't like this new age fad of casting people in perceived light and placing them in assumed boxes.
Would have loved to hear John Madden's color commentary every time the camera showed Taylor.
--Peace.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I understand that people are annoyed, just like I understand that many think it's no big deal.
In all honesty, this thread is entertainment. Watching people get worked up over trivial crap is funny, to me at least.

I clicked on the thread to get my Taylor updates and no post since 10am!

unacceptable. :)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Those pictures actually made me laugh a little. They come across as "just normal folks", except they're not carrying any bags, no water bottles, she doesn't have a purse, etc etc.

I don't know for sure, but I strongly suspect because they have "people" who are carrying any stuff they have. Not to mention keeping the riffraff away. You know, like rich people tend to do. That's not a criticism, but those pictures just showed me two people who are doing normal stuff but they're doing it in a way that most of us never will be able to.
Correct. But the girl gets death threats daily so obviously her security carries all that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.