Super Bowl 49

W

Welshers

Will you guys ever just let it go? It happened and it's over. We still won a SB. Hindsight is 2020. Focusing on one single play for 8 years is not healthy. I've actually never understood the obsession over this play. Yes it was probably a bad call. At the same time, tons of different plays make up a football game and this was just one. We lost a two possession lead.

In the end the Seahawks lost the game. If they definitively won then one play wouldn't have mattered. What about the crazy Kearse play that got us there? Or the insane win against GB? we got plenty of breaks that seasons and if just one had gone against us none of this is being talked about today. it happens, it's football. Just let it go and move on. I'm really tired of people opening up old wounds. I don't want to hear about it anymore I just want to cheer for this team and its new start at QB and great draft.

It was one play. Let it go folks

Last edited by a moderator:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nope, people never will, ever. I was at the game, and it will always sting. But it's been several years. I don't think you ever get over it, but at the same time, move on.
I think you're referring to the miracle catch that got them down in the red zone? That was actually Kearse.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Nope, people never will, ever. I was at the game, and it will always sting. But it's been several years. I don't think you ever get over it, but at the same time, move on.
I think you're referring to the miracle catch that got them down in the red zone? That was actually Kearse.
My bad total brain fart. And yeah I get it will always sting I'm just tired of hearing about it still.

People never talk about the Bostick whiff on the onside in the NFC title and the insane Luke Wilson 2 pt conversion with blown coverage. If those don't happen we aren't in the game and people cry about how we played horrible vs GB. We got flukes to get there so holding onto one against us for so long is stupid to me

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
this right here ^^^^
I have a coworker who is a huge Steelers fan. He told me that several of his friends who are also Steelers fans have always acknowledged they were handed that SB by the stripes.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Will you guys ever just let it go? It happened and it's over. We still won a SB. Hindsight is 2020. Focusing on one single play for 8 years is not healthy. I've actually never understood the obsession over this play. Yes it was probably a bad call. At the same time, tons of different plays make up a football game and this was just one. We lost a two possession lead.

In the end the Seahawks lost the game. If they definitively won then one play wouldn't have mattered. What about the crazy Kearse play that got us there? Or the insane win against GB? we got plenty of breaks that seasons and if just one had gone against us none of this is being talked about today. it happens, it's football. Just let it go and move on. I'm really tired of people opening up old wounds. I don't want to hear about it anymore I just want to cheer for this team and its new start at QB and great draft.

You're the one making a post about it. . . telling other people to get over it. . .

maybe heed your own advice?

Msfann

Reaction score
I was over 49 the second it ended, the team had won a subpar blow the year before and I was still on a high from that.
XL still pisses me off and I absolutely hated the steAlers until everyone from that team was gone. Once Crotchlessburgler retired I just think of them like any other team now.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

You're the one making a post about it. . . telling other people to get over it. . .

maybe heed your own advice?
I saw some people make some new threads about it on the board recently! Hopefully this post will talk some sense into them! Sad!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I will let it go when they stop showing it on ESPN. I don't even watch TV, but the doctor's lounge TV is usually set to either ESPN, or MSNBC, or Fox News (a hilarious, passive aggressive battle between the docs on the latter two), and I swear that I see that play at least once a month.

Thing is, that play didn't just lose us that one Super Bowl, it destroyed a developing dynasty, cost us the possibility of a three-peat, and possibly more. It also sent into near obscurity, that amazing circus catch that Kearse made, to get us into position.

Had Wilson and Lockette connected on that pass, the Kearse catch would be the thing still playing on all the highlight reels.

Ruminator

Reaction score
I will let it go when they stop showing it on ESPN. I don't even watch TV, but the doctor's lounge TV is usually set to either ESPN, or MSNBC, or Fox News (a hilarious, passive aggressive battle between the docs on the latter two), and I swear that I see that play at least once a month.

Thing is, that play didn't just lose us that one Super Bowl, it destroyed a developing dynasty, cost us the possibility of a three-peat, and possibly more. It also sent into near obscurity, that amazing circus catch that Kearse made, to get us into position.

Had Wilson and Lockette connected on that pass, the Kearse catch would be the thing still playing on all the highlight reels.
Well said. For those who don't understand why some have a difficult time "getting over it," this is the reason.