Which Super Bowl Loss was more devastating?

evergreen

Reaction score
XL was stolen and 49 was thrown away. 49 at virtually the last seconds was like watching a kid run out into traffic. just horrible.

I guess I didn't read the question. The niners kinds chocked it away by not going for it on 4th down, just like the falcons chocked it away by not going for the onside kick in OT. Brady was going to score a TD. At least they had a chance with the onside kick. Were afraid of scoring too early and giving Brady time. Well we made sure that didn't happen.

morgulon1

Reaction score
New England loss hurt. We had the game and the best running back but decided to get cute.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Patriots. We were at the 1 frikkin yard line at the death of the game with the chance to run a couple of plays and Kearse had just made what should have been an all time super bowl catch. Only to get it snatched away with no time to respond.

The only one up there would be the Falcons collapse.

Lennie

Reaction score
Patriots. We were at the 1 frikkin yard line at the death of the game with the chance to run a couple of plays and Kearse had just made what should have been an all time super bowl catch. Only to get it snatched away with no time to respond.

The only one up there would be the Falcons collapse.
And has been pointed out we win that game I think we win at least one, or two more SB’s.
That loss completely fractured the team.😩

xray

Reaction score
New England loss hurt. We had the game and the best running back but decided to get cute.
^
And Lynch would of been MVP that day . GRRRRRRRRRR Don't get me started on that shit play . ;(

Hotchy

Reaction score
It wasn't the biggest choke job, but Hawks loss to Pats was one of the most damaging losses in sports history.
The Seahawks had built a contender for years. Young talent all over the place, and most importantly a winner's mentality. That loss tore apart that team. They lost faith and trust in their leader, and even resentment of their QB for his relationship with management, as opposed to the locker room. The division became unfixable

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
It’s the Pats and it’s not even close. They win back to back and we would have been looking at a real shot of a 3 peat.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
It wasn't the biggest choke job, but Hawks loss to Pats was one of the most damaging losses in sports history.
The Seahawks had built a contender for years. Young talent all over the place, and most importantly a winner's mentality. That loss tore apart that team. They lost faith and trust in their leader, and even resentment of their QB for his relationship with management, as opposed to the locker room. The division became unfixable
I propose to you an alternate history. We win SBXL*. A month or so later, we resign Hutch.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Worst Superbowl loss in history was the undefeated Patriots losing to the Wild Card Giants. The spread on that game...then the Russell Crowe opening "Perfection..." and some no name WR basically winning it...

My personal worst, XL* because the referees basically handed the win to PittsTurd. Bill Leavy coming up to Matt Hasselbeck on the field at Qwest, Hasselbeck: "He was crying and said I'm sorry, I kicked a few calls."

The one against the Patriots because we were the better team. Sure, everyone focuses on the final play, but there was so much more to it. Freak injury with our DB getting the INT, then a broken arm (I think when Edelman hit him), then Pete taking Avril out for a concussion, protecting his player (Cliff still wanted to play), then the cheating Patriots after Julian Edelman got a concussion where he stood up, wobbled around and staggered, but stayed in the game, no referees saying "we need to check on him," (another rule changed b/c of Cheating Bill Bellicheck), Sherman's injured elbow slowing him down, yet we were still on the precipice of winning. But, the world is NOT fair. So expect and prepare for things to go sideways in life. I could do to heed my own advice here...

ALmost forgot, there were rumors Bellicheat had video of our practices, and that's how the DB recognized a play that we hadn't run in 3 months.

Pittsburgh beating the Cardinals in the SB because of a bad INT by Kurt Warner, an amazing play by James Harrison, and an unreal play by Ben/Santonio. Life just isn't fair! :mad:

nwHawk

Reaction score
What kind of question is this? I don't give a crap about the Chiefs or 49ers. The Seahawks loss was worse of course. After that loss, you knew it was over. Pete was never going to get the team back to the dance.
I believe this may be why the OP is asking this question. Looking for a possible “blow up” in 69er land, similar to what destroyed the Hawks Super Bowl run.

Msfann

Reaction score
XL crushed me for a long time. The one vs the patriots sucked but i just chose to forget all about it, especially since we were still on the high from winning it the year before.
I only stopped my hatred for the SteAlers once everyone from that team retired.

eo620

Reaction score
The Seahawks losing to the Patriots was much more devastating. If the Seahawks win that game, everybody is all smiles. They likely would have been a unified team going for a third SB. It took years for the "Hawks to recover. The team structure began to fracture. That's where the public finger pointing started. Trust had been lost. The second the Falcons lost their SB, I knew that the ramifications of a devastating loss like theirs would last years. Very much like the Seahawks.

BGHawk

Reaction score
I could care less about KC and 49ers or whoever played in the last Superbowl. When I think about the midget throwing that pass..I still get pissed off and want to puke

chris98251

Reaction score
First one, we didn't lose, we were not allowed to win, second one we shot ourselves in the foot and it was on us, whether it was Lynch running or managing that last 2 minutes better which was on Pete.

It was the league telling us that Paul not attending League meetings, being at that time the richest owner, not being part of the Good Ole Boys Network and sending a representative was not looked upon favorably, adding the best stadium and facilities in the league as well.

Throw in the Rooneys being Old school Legacy and Bettis's going away party, the whole Detroit thing was the NFL marketing the Steelers.

Only other thing they needed to do to slant it more would have been to eject Holmgren and key players.