Sophmore QB video

NinerBuff

Reaction score
HawksSoc":3psukxv7 said:
NinerBuff":3psukxv7 said:
similar video (Wilson vs. Luck vs. RGIII vs. Kaep)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-training- ... -and-RGIII

Watched it till Casserly started the whole Wilson's size is a negative thing, did he prove nothing last year?

They pretty much all said that all four guys are special, but Luck has the least number of ?s, which I agree with. It will be interesting to see how Luck does in a more "west coast" type offense. It is true that Kaep, Wilson, and RGIII all were insulated with excellent running games.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3k010tma said:
NinerBuff":3k010tma said:
similar video (Wilson vs. Luck vs. RGIII vs. Kaep)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-training- ... -and-RGIII
Except those clowns all are just spewing "Luck is a once-in-a-generation talent" over and over. ;)

And you disagree? For taking a bad team (not as bad as their record would indicate, but still not great) and won 11 game in his rookie year, and threw the most yards as a rookie without a running game is really impressive...

I know if I keep this up with you guys Ill get the ban-hammer, so ill give it a rest.

Decimation

Reaction score
NinerBuff":230l8cc6 said:
I know if I keep this up with you guys Ill get the ban-hammer, so ill give it a rest.
Why would you get banned for speaking your opinion?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NinerBuff":3nghzx5m said:
And you disagree? For taking a bad team (not as bad as their record would indicate, but still not great) and won 11 game in his rookie year, and threw the most yards as a rookie without a running game is really impressive...

If he's a once-in-a-generation talent, then so are Wilson and RG3, based on what Luck's done in the NFL. The Colts were also not as bad as their 2011 record indicated, nor as good as their 11-5 2012 record indicated.

The only way I'll agree that Luck is a once-in-a-generation talent is if he actually proves it. (I.E., he is visibly and noticeably better than every other young QB in the league this year.)

Cartire

Reaction score
NinerBuff":1gq4i0jm said:
and threw the most yards as a rookie without a running game is really impressive...

I hate that this is seen as a positive. He threw the most yards because they didnt have a run game. Thats why. Its not impressive, its common sense. See Stafford. He throws for almost 5000 every year. Because they dont have a run game and thats all they do. It doesnt make him any more impressive if he only through 4000 yards and they had a run game. He would be exactly the same.

Completion %
TD-INT Ratio
YPC

Those are the defining stats to know really how well a qb does. Overall yards is nothing more then a product of a system being executed. I have nothing against Luck. I think he is a great QB. But this whole eye-ball test is non-sense. He is the product of the sportscenter agenda since his Junior year.

haha.png

NinerBuff

Reaction score
Cartire":xn2utrg7 said:
NinerBuff":xn2utrg7 said:
and threw the most yards as a rookie without a running game is really impressive...

I hate that this is seen as a positive. He threw the most yards because they didnt have a run game. Thats why. Its not impressive, its common sense. See Stafford. He throws for almost 5000 every year. Because they dont have a run game and thats all they do. It doesnt make him any more impressive if he only through 4000 yards and they had a run game. He would be exactly the same.

Completion %
TD-INT Ratio
YPC

Those are the defining stats to know really how well a qb does. Overall yards is nothing more then a product of a system being executed. I have nothing against Luck. I think he is a great QB. But this whole eye-ball test is non-sense. He is the product of the sportscenter agenda since his Junior year.

I agree with your performance statistics, and I'd say that YPA is more indicative than YPC... He also had 5 rushing TDs. I don't think the ESPN QBR should be a 'stand alone' stat, but it does a good job of incorporating running and 'clutch' plays. It is flawed too... you need everything together.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
All stats are flawed, but some significantly more so than others. The most overall accurate statistic I've seen for NFL stats is Football Outsiders's DVOA. They have an uncanny ability to rate someone poorly if they had a bad day but got lucky a few times, and they also have an uncanny ability to rate someone highly if they had a great day but some mistakes that largely weren't their fault, as an example. As a result, there are plenty of games where their scores don't match up with a glance at the stat sheet overall, but if you actually watch the game, you nod sagely and go "Yeah, seems correct." At least, that's my experience with DVOA.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Nothing against Luck but I do think he gets too much credit for turning around a "terrible" team that obviously tanked in order to get him.

Cartire

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2gskx9yr said:
Nothing against Luck but I do think he gets too much credit for turning around a "terrible" team that obviously tanked in order to get him.

That, and I feel like if I was one of his team mates, I would be pissed all the time. ESPN makes it seem like Luck pulls along a bunch of retarded children into the endzone. His team gets zero credit for any win, but all the blame for the losses.

His defense is ripped apart by the media, while no one gives them credit for keeping them in games when Luck throws his 3rd pick. But Luck gets the credit for the comeback, even though it was one of his many turnovers that put them into the mess.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Let's not forget that Andrew Luck beat the Browns, Lions, Titans (twice), Jags, Chiefs, and Bills to get to 11-5. The AFC was really bad last year.

I give him credit for having to deal with Vick Ballard in his backfield and Reggie Wayne + a bunch of rookies as his WR corps, but the dude had an extremely high INT% and a whopping 54.1% completion percentage. Do I think that he will take a HUGE leap forward, Peyton Manning-style, in year two? Yes. But based on what he has done so far, he has the most question marks of The Gang of Four (tm Barnwell), and it isn't close.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I think one thing we should all be able to agree on is that now is a pretty exciting time for young QBs.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Decimation":3epcxdd7 said:
NinerBuff":3epcxdd7 said:
Why would you get banned for speaking your opinion?

It's expected because that is how niner fans deal with dissenting opinions on their websites.

drdiags

Reaction score
If I am any of the 4 teams, right now I am happy with my QB. Who is the best depends on who is doing the talking. Luck is my prototypical QB. He has skills that have passed the test of time in my eyes. Does that make him better by default then the others? No, but only time will tell, just like the old QB class of '83. I also think it is lazy of the talking heads to lump Kaep into the QBs from last year's draft.

He should be compared with Dalton, Gabbert, Locker and Ponder. Just because he sat a year shouldn't take away from him being grouped with those players. Because he was picked after most of them and looks to have the better arch upward going forward. Putting him in with last year's crop hides the fact that he was skipped over by several QB needy teams (Raiders/Seahawks) at the time.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
drdiags":4y84xzfk said:
He should be compared with Dalton, Gabbert, Locker and Ponder. Just because he sat a year shouldn't take away from him being grouped with those players. Because he was picked after most of them and looks to have the better arch upward going forward. Putting him in with last year's crop hides the fact that he was skipped over by several QB needy teams (Raiders/Seahawks) at the time.
I completely agree. It's annoying watching him get lumped in with "the big 3" from last year. Kaepernick never even earned his freaking starting spot, he rode the pine for a year-and-a-half and got put in due to an Alex Smith injury. Compare that to Russell Wilson, drafted in the 3rd round, earning the starting spot while competing in camp against two other guys. What a joke.

However, something else you said surprised me; you'd be happy with Bradford if he was our QB as a Rams fan, Diags? Really?

drdiags

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":k0m1yfb5 said:
However, something else you said surprised me; you'd be happy with Bradford if he was our QB as a Rams fan, Diags? Really?

Did I say that? I would be happy with Luck, because I think he could work here. Bradford (as a Rams fan?). That is a tongue twister. Take away the money he was paid, considering at one time Dalton didn't look bad to this team until Wilson came along, yeah I could have taken him as a Seahawks QB compared to Whitehurst or Jackson. Glad I don't have to think about it anymore. It was pretty bleak for QBs here and I didn't think the team would ever resolve the issue. That is why Flynn looked so good to me when we got him. He represented a sliver of hope because of how bad things were.

Fast forward to today. I have no worries in the world in regards to QB. But I still keep my eyes open. Just the Seahawks way. Embrace it. :th2thumbs:

Latest posts