Is PC a QB coach?

knownone

Reaction score
Too be honest, can we say, Carroll, can develop most QBs??

What exactly doesn’t that even mean develop?

It’s system, run more, throw less, is largely very helpful to QBs to minimize QB turnovers, and I don’t think that “develops” QBs necessarily…

It just protects them from the possible QB turnovers.

To me developing a QB means developing a QB to where they are throwing the ball well, more than, they are choosing to run the ball.

Carroll’s run more, throw less, mantra, fits a lot or all QBs but QBs want to be able to showcase their skills so they want to be able to throw and highlight their pass abilities rather than having an offense that may elect to run more ala, Russell Wilson.

By default, Carroll’s system LIMITS a QBs chances to turnover the ball and by default they “appear” to be better.

More or less.

Just my opinion.
The thing is that run more, throw less, philosophy was only true with Russell. Take a look at the last two seasons. The Seahawks have thrown the ball 64% of the time with Geno.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point ^
Shoot, I'm always wanting them to pound the rock a lot more. Esp. since we seem to be on the bad side of TOP much of the time.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The thing is that run more, throw less, philosophy was only true with Russell. Take a look at the last two seasons. The Seahawks have thrown the ball 64% of the time with Geno.
Yeah, I can agree with that and that’s true but we still don’t know or can define what “develop a QB” really means.

If so, how do we judge and analyze it?

Is it completion rate?

Yards thrown?

TDs/turnover ratio?

Wins and losses?

The QBs Carroll had, would you be comparing their stats outside of their time without Carroll vs their time under Carroll?

How exactly does one measure if Carroll is a QB guru?

If we are able to define certain parameters we could analyze and conclude if Carroll was an effective coach to those QBs at that time he was their coach…

I would say he protects the QB from themselves a lot and I actually commend Carroll on that. I think you gotta do so.

But this actually runs true with any position, highlight and play to their strengths and hide or minimize their weakness as much as possible.

seahawks08

Reaction score
One thing I learned is I would never trade for a QB from Pete’s system. He doesn’t seem to believe in purely a QB driven system but more of a Safety/CB/LB driven team.