Sophmore QB video

drdiags

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2wsaqr63 said:
My bad, I totally thought you said if you were any of the 4 teams (as in, in the NFC West) you were happy with your QB. Brain fart.

I see what you mean now. Yeah, I meant the 4 QBs lumped together as the young guns of the NFL.

sutz

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ufmfu0l said:
The only way I'll agree that Luck is a once-in-a-generation talent is if he actually proves it. (I.E., he is visibly and noticeably better than every other young QB in the league this year.)
IMHO, even this year doesn't really matter. To be listed as "once in a generation" he should prove that over a period of many seasons, 5-10 at least. One or two seasons is a flash in the pan.

KEWASTEES

Reaction score
Cartire":1tt8cd7o said:
NinerBuff":1tt8cd7o said:
and threw the most yards as a rookie without a running game is really impressive...

I hate that this is seen as a positive. He threw the most yards because they didnt have a run game. Thats why. Its not impressive, its common sense. See Stafford. He throws for almost 5000 every year. Because they dont have a run game and thats all they do. It doesnt make him any more impressive if he only through 4000 yards and they had a run game. He would be exactly the same.

Completion %
TD-INT Ratio
YPC

Those are the defining stats to know really how well a qb does. Overall yards is nothing more then a product of a system being executed. I have nothing against Luck. I think he is a great QB. But this whole eye-ball test is non-sense. He is the product of the sportscenter agenda since his Junior year.

haha.png

LOL Awesome!

Tical21

Reaction score
I'm not saying he's better than Russ, but if anybody watched more than a couple Colts games last year and didn't come away thinking Luck was absolutely ridiculous, I can't help you. Time and time again he had pockets collapsing on him and would make these incredible throws to WR's that didn't win their matchups, with guys haging on him in big spots in games. Like every week! It was completely nuts. But you just can't compare him to Russell. Their situations were just far too different. I always try to switch and compare. What would the Colts record have been with Wilson? What would the Seahawks record have been with Luck? To be honest, I think they both would have been about what they were. I'm really high on Russell, but to hate on Luck is pretty ignorant IMO, and I guarantee those doing it didn't watch many Colts games last year.