Something no one has brought up since the 49'ers game...

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2isjhffv said:
? Penny fumbled at least TWICE this year when they decided to go to a change up. Both of them need to take care of the ball a lot more. Carson is a beast, we all know that. But clearly, fumbling is an issue. Fingers crossed he gets back to protecting it a lot better.

He's only got one career fumble though as stated above?

Subzero717

Reaction score
All 3 RBs that have gotten touches this season have coughed it up. Given Petes emphasis on the ball and it plaguing that entire group I believe it comes back to being a coaching issue. Granted theyre paid profesionals but its systemic.

Im still not sure why Procise is on the roster and they wouldnt take a 3rd for Penny.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Subzero717":2w3wmsu0 said:
All 3 RBs that have gotten touches this season have coughed it up. Given Petes emphasis on the ball and it plaguing that entire group I believe it comes back to being a coaching issue. Granted theyre paid profesionals but its systemic.

Im still not sure why Procise is on the roster and they wouldnt take a 3rd for Penny.

Either am I. If Procise is the insurance policy, Penny should be getting more snaps.

I think we should be giving Penny more even with our plate as it is.

quadsas

Reaction score
SNDavidson":3osmwhjz said:
He's now known. People are going to be all over him because they know there might be pay dirt, this is a very pivotal time for Carson. He's wearing a target.

He knows what to do, he needs to get used to holding the football differently WHEN IT MATTERS. This will come down to him really owning it and changing something his body tries to do a different way in under a second with big nasties chasing him. I think he's going to fix it, if he doesn't it won't be an attitude problem.

On at least one of the fumbles it was just a brilliantly executed strip, don't remember which one, but had to tip the cap on that one.

I know this is probably something I took for granted with Marshawn (my favorite player ever, 1a, 1b with Russ)

For all the fight Lynch brought on every snap, for every damn inch, he somehow held on to the football, and if you watch him, it's clearly something he got used to THINKING about, always on the back burner, WHILE he was doing his thing. Cool to watch.

Lynch had the tendency to fumble at the worst time possible.

xray

Reaction score
What's the weather for the game...warm and dry I hope :!: wet makes fumbles .

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Looks like 48 degrees and Rain at kickoff. Could see a lot of fumbles for both teams. Here's to hoping that changes :irishdrinkers:

Though, this is football and it shouldn't matter.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1yk8lrye said:
? Penny fumbled at least TWICE this year when they decided to go to a change up. Both of them need to take care of the ball a lot more. Carson is a beast, we all know that. But clearly, fumbling is an issue. Fingers crossed he gets back to protecting it a lot better.

Not according to NFL.com - http://www.nfl.com/player/rashaadpenny/2560835/profile. They have him at one fumble.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
quadsas":3kvb5w3j said:
SNDavidson":3kvb5w3j said:
He's now known. People are going to be all over him because they know there might be pay dirt, this is a very pivotal time for Carson. He's wearing a target.

He knows what to do, he needs to get used to holding the football differently WHEN IT MATTERS. This will come down to him really owning it and changing something his body tries to do a different way in under a second with big nasties chasing him. I think he's going to fix it, if he doesn't it won't be an attitude problem.

On at least one of the fumbles it was just a brilliantly executed strip, don't remember which one, but had to tip the cap on that one.

I know this is probably something I took for granted with Marshawn (my favorite player ever, 1a, 1b with Russ)

For all the fight Lynch brought on every snap, for every damn inch, he somehow held on to the football, and if you watch him, it's clearly something he got used to THINKING about, always on the back burner, WHILE he was doing his thing. Cool to watch.

Lynch had the tendency to fumble at the worst time possible.

Hmm, not going to argue because not going to go look anything up right now, but based on biased memory lol, I seem to remember this being maybe only slightly accurate. Maybe the last two seasons he was here? Also have to look at context of the running styles, completely different. Lynch with the split leg style often had guys hanging all over him I feel for a bit longer in the play, and still refused to give up til the whistle, yet held on to the football a lot more, because of his awareness, is all I'm saying.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Another weird thing, when Russell fumbled and SF scored,...well, was Ifedi trying to get the ball or did it get punched out by the defense and Ifedi just ended up with it, for a split second. Clearly ball handling is not in his wheelhouse.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, after the facemask (that magically wasn't called) they knocked it out and Ifedi was lucky to be right there....
Ifedi for some stupid reason tried to run instead of just going down to the ground.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
I like to think Ifedi had visions of taking the ball 90+ yards to the house without getting tackled in the process.

chris98251

Reaction score
AubHawk71":1l53btrz said:
I like to think Ifedi had visions of taking the ball 90+ yards to the house without getting tackled in the process.

But he was on his way to a Leon Lett impersonation going the wrong direction.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
AubHawk71":177ncuxj said:

Lol I said the same thing. Thought he was Barry Sanders.

mikeak

Reaction score
Penny's fumble percentage per carry is just about the same as Carson

Separately I am pretty sure DK will hold on to it next time guys are trying to strip the ball from outside the field of play

Latest posts