Derrick Henry to the 'Hawks (speculation/Jerhawk's head)

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
They have a huge bucket of draft capital to devote to the roster, and have already made several defensive additions. And, yes, he is the best running back in the league. No competition.
I think we're not that far away from a RB and a deep playoff run.

Henry ain't lynch - but i gotta say, nothing has replaced him. I miss people being afraid of our run game, and as much as i love him K9 aint the entire story.

a stud RB FA and a couple LB's in the draft - whether or not Bwags comes back. I'm up for that. Yea we got a couple other pieces - but working a good RB and getting back to a balanced O with the TE's involved and Geno/RB/TE taking 1/3 each. Yea, I'd say the RB piece is important if not almost everything.

I could be delusional. And I completely agree, and have said it 10 or 15 times. There's ALWAYS money there. Just find it.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
So, they can just sign any player they want w/no consideration of the cap? Yeah, it kind of doesn't really work that way.
I wish it did, but cap flat out IS a consideration. Especially when you have many holes to fill on the team AND you don't really have any cap space.

Yeah. I mean I'm positive we COULD make this work, and Henry's play speaks for itself. Nobody is doubting the talent. Unfortunately that also includes his agent who happens to be the #1 agent in football.

Ive seen the accusation of being "cheap" more than once an that just makes me laugh. Sure as Sh*t aint my money. I just don't want to kick the can down the road and be dealing with cap hits that keep us from signing any FAs because we got one decent year out of a RB when the rest of our team wasn't there yet.

Henry is a dog and if we were on the cusp of a Superbowl I'd be all about it, but I dont see that for a team that was near the bottom of the league defensively last year that just essentially dumped their D-line and are rebuilding it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, he's an absolute Beast. Doesn't mean they can make it work. Nobody is doubting his talent, he is ridiculous.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I think those that would want Henry at age 29 with his probable cap number over drafting Bijan Robinson at number 5 basically are messed up in the brain pan.
Replace "messed up" with another phrase for emphasis.
Lol, holy shit. This is a good one.

Hear that, guys? 5th overall for a player who probably isn't as good because it's like, 7 million cheaper. 5th overall is worth 7 million in cap room now.

Sorry, but these aren't the same things.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Lol, holy shit. This is a good one.

Hear that, guys? 5th overall for a player who probably isn't as good because it's like, 7 million cheaper. 5th overall is worth 7 million in cap room now.

"MY OPINION AND TALENT EVALUATION SKILLS FROM MY COUCH ARE BETTER THAN YOURS"

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Wow how many replies in a row do we need from you?

You're the one being awfully emotional about something everyone else is simply being logical about.

Calm down.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Wow how many replies in a row do we need from you?

You're the one being awfully emotional about something everyone else is simply being logical about.

Calm down.
You've double-posted several times in this thread, I'm calm buddy boy.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
You've double-posted several times in this thread, I'm calm buddy boy.

If you're so calm how come the only way you can address any of the salient points is by saying people are 'cheap' with money that isn't even theirs?

Adams isn't likely to be restructured, we are already on the hook for him in the future. More likely this is his last year in Seattle, so acting like it's a 'no brainer' to restructure a guy, making a longer-term commitment to him and moving even more money than you already are on the books for makes no sense unless you think he's going to be a seahawk for several more years. I don't, and hope we don't restructure him. He's his agent's #1 client and therefore his #1 source of income so it's not going to be easy to negotiate.

Diggs makes more sense but do you wanna be on the hook for 20+M in cap charge for him after the season?

Same thing with Lockett - a restructure could save money now but he'll be 31 this season and hasn't exactly been durable.

Do you really think the Seahawks are so close to winning this season that you're willing to bloat the cap in '24 forward and give up a draft pick for a 29 year old RB that you'll ALSo need to commit to with an extension and even more cap hit down the road?

On a team that as this many holes to fill and much needed depth?

massari

Reaction score
Henry will be 30 by the playoffs, with about 2k career carries.

Whoever trades for him essentially gets him for 1 year $10.5M (unless I'm mistaken). I wouldn't want them giving up more than a 5th rd pick to get him

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Henry will be 30 by the playoffs, with about 2k career carries.

Whoever trades for him essentially gets him for 1 year $10.5M (unless I'm mistaken). I wouldn't want them giving up more than a 5th rd pick to get him

If he is traded it will almost certainly be to a team willing to extend him.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
extend a 30 year old RB? Would've thought he'd be taking 1 year deals from now on
If he's as incredible as illustrated by proponents of this move in the thread here, he would be crazy to not seek an extension if a trade took place. It's not like he or the Titans have expressed unhappiness with an imminent divorce. Plus, again, #1 agents in the sport don't get there by making bad deals for their clients.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Too much tread on the tire. He has ran heavily at Alabama and the Titans, probably due some injury issues or a dip in form. Bodies can only take so much pinishment.

samwize77

Reaction score
Love to have Henry....kudos to the guys that also say we can "make it work"....however for it to "work" for me you'd have to be much more specific. Tell me who we are going to cut, how much that cut would save us. Tell me who we are going to "extend" or "restructure"...and how those players will agree and to what amounts. Words are pretty cheap, how about being JS for us? Give us numbers some of these "players" will agree to. Until then its just talk. But by all means. If it "work" I'd love having Henry. I'm on your side.

flv2

Reaction score
Any team trading for Henry gets him on a 1 year $11M contract. They get his 2023 season, not his previous 4 seasons. After the season Henry will be free to test the market, unless his team wants to put a 120% franchise tag on him. Giving up a high pick for him would make him an expensive 1 year rental. If a contract extension could be signed before a trade it would make him a more attractive proposition for a team that needed a #1 RB. If you don't need a #1 RB you don't trade for an RB with a #1 RB contract.