Should Tyler Lockett start at Wide Receiver

TwilightError

Reaction score
He should start. He has all the talent in the world. Just give him responsibility and he will shine. Besides, Kearse does not have much of a ceiling. Lockett should surpass him in the depth chart just like that.

Rob12

Reaction score
RW92":1klopv20 said:
I know that I'm new here, but should Tyler Lockett be given a chance to start? How can we just save this talent for kick off and punt returns? I know that they have plans to use him as a third wide out depending on down and distance, but this kid has too much of an upside and game changing ability.

I don't know at this time who would sit, but I just have to get Tyler in the game; period.

I hope I'm not over reacting, but love to hear your thoughts.

Ease him in. He'll see plenty of time at receiver this year... Especially in the slot, and outside as well.

Pete is holding his cards close... That's why we have seen so little of Lockett in the passing game.

Kid is going to be a star.

JKent82

Reaction score
Rob12":2cyysrvx said:
Pete is holding his cards close... That's why we have seen so little of Lockett in the passing game.

Is it really reasonable for Pete to hold a rookie back like that? If he's that good, playing more will only make him better,help him and Russ build a connection, and it shouldn't matter if people get tape on him.

dino26

Reaction score
I think we will see a lot more of Lockett throughout the season.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
IncompatiblePresentBlackwidowspider
FluffyGleefulFattaileddunnart.gif

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
I have really charted it or anything, but just off my recollection Lockett was out there with the 1's whenever they were in a 3 wr set already. Typically on the outside I believe, with DB in the slot. Someone with access to game reply would have to double check that though.

ringless

Reaction score
The kid has definitely been impressive.

He should be able to create some space. Either used in screens or the deep passes with his athletic abilities. But on the deep routes much like John Brown he could be used to create space by getting the safeties deeper from a developing play underneath. There is a lot you can do with someone like that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
For all intents and purposes he is a starter.

He was in the game at slot receiver the first series, and I expect he'll see tons of snaps when we go to 3 and 4 WR sets.

Bevell likes to mix up formations and run plays from the same looks, and I expect he'll do even more of that this year with Graham and Lockett trying to create mismatches.

Latest posts