Sherman Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
At least hope we're trading him to Atlanta for Levine Toilolo.

Decimation

Reaction score
He always will be recognized for being a Seahawk legend either way. If the news is true, I’m forever thankful for the championship he helped bring to Seattle.

Just depressing really. The team is changing and they’re looking for a new image and I hope it works out in the long run.

Seymour

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/971462520509812736[/tweet]

Seymour

Reaction score
sdog1981":2n68t3a7 said:
This is the world of "journalism" in 2018. Make up a story leak it on Twitter. Then report on the Twitter reaction.

Not just journalism. Our entire country is now being run via twitter.

Steve2222

Reaction score
James in PA":669gpg19 said:
Well damn this is depressing. Should have had at least 2 or 3 Championships with this core group of players. Thankfully we got one. A lot of these guys became too expensive and too outspoken. This really is the end for this core group. Time to get young and hungry again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep too bad guys like him and Michael Bennett are mental midgets and couldn’t let the play on 49 go. With that said, Sherm will always have a special place in my heart for being a stalwart for our first championship. It’ll be great to see his number retired one day.

253hawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":364i30dt said:
This is the world of "journalism" in 2018. Make up a story leak it on Twitter. Then report on the Twitter reaction.

This is why I pretty much ignore the off-season now. More cryptic gossip and fake drama than a bunch of high school girls.

mrt144

Reaction score
sdog1981":15rs6c9m said:

Yes and no. Journalism sans twitter exists but if all you read is twitter, you're bound to lead to your conclusion. Washington Post has done an admirable job in the past 2 years and they are worth a subscription in my book.

Sports Journalism is bad no matter the medium though.

drrew

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/971465536222777344[/tweet]

NJlargent

Reaction score
He is the ringleader of this team. If they cut him we should go into rebuild mode because all that talent we had is flushed.

Seymour

Reaction score
BC-Hawk":3kto9opm said:
Damn, what the hell is happening to our team?! This sucks!

That question (or answer) goes back to the end of last year.

Pete woke up and is rebooting and axing anyone that is not all in.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It doesn't make a lot of sense to outright release Sherman. He was playing well considering the achilles and his production next year shouldn't be too far off the ~11m cap differential. Importantly, if Sherman does recover to 100% by next off-season and hits the open market then similar CB contracts at age 30 indicate we'd probably get a 3rd round compensatory pick for him. Releasing him now and forgoing that upside would be a short-term move and I'd much rather the FO keep the long view in mind. I'd also be surprised if another team with lots of cap space didn't offer at least a late round pick given the potential compensatory the following year.

One thing that may make sense is if they release him in response to a failed contract restructure. Pat Kirwan talks about contract restructuring downwards when he was with the Jets and that it was important politically to only discuss that sort of restructuring if you were prepared to release the player otherwise. So it could be that plan A is to offer Sherman more guaranteed in 2018 but less overall, and all of the twitter stuff is because they told him about plan A earlier and he declined and expects plan B to occur as a result.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Wow I am really sad now. Honestly, at this point trade ET3 as well because I'm not sure he'd even want to play with all his LoB homies leaving (assuming Kam is going to retire as well). An outright cut sucks, that doesn't give us value and I'm not sure who we're going to sign with the 11M saved.

RussB

Reaction score
adeltaY":2af4x33n said:
Oh man if this is true, I'm going to be very sad. One of my favorite players ever.
This is spot on. The LOB should have won multiple rings, FO kept them together as long as they could. Eventually you have to let these plaeyrs go though, the team has obviously declined along with the players.

Have to release them sooner than later and start looking ahead, the LOB wasnt going to win any more championships and pete and john saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.