Shaggy Deserves Kudos

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I give Shaggy a draft grade of a C+. If he bans acer and brings back FresnoHawk68 for mod duties ill upgraded it to an A.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
Did you see the part about most recent posts still showing as green and not being grayed out?

Yeah, I'll see what he can do about that. Only thing is I may not be a fan of everything looking white on the main page after a member has viewed everything.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey @Aros , curious. If this site was started back in 98, how come it shows you as joining in 2007? Was that due to updating the site to a different forum software that it changed your registration date?

Indeed!

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score

Do you care to share the history of the site, why you started it, was it active right off the bat, was it the first Seahawk forum out there?

notyou

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll see what he can do about that. Only thing is I may not be a fan of everything looking white on the main page after a member has viewed everything.
It looks fine the desktop. It's a little distracting on the mobile version.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hey @Aros , curious. If this site was started back in 98, how come it shows you as joining in 2007? Was that due to updating the site to a different forum software that it changed your registration date?

Not only did the forum get moved around, it originally wasn't seahawks.NET. Originally it was something akin to seahawks98.com (man that was so long ago). At the beginning it also wasn't a forum, it was articles and information based, with a link to an nfl forum which had team boards and also a subforum known as the AFC West Warzone (may have been War Room, but you get the idea). Anyway, IIRC, Aros eventually was able to establish the .NET url (either 1999 or 2000 I believe) and he started his own forum and the rest is history. I'm sure he has a more accurate memory of the exact when and how, but this is the basic idea.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
David is correct. I started Seahawks98.com back in 1998 because there was absolutely zero online forum community for Seahawks fans. At the time even Seahawks.com was little more than a static page with hardly any links to navigate. Then it changed to Seahawks99.com and thought how silly to keep changing the domain name every year and lo and behold I saw that Seahawks.net was an available domain name and snagged it. From 2000 on it's been Seahawks.NET. We had an editor and writers contributing regular articles, long before there was a Fieldgulls.com. We joined the Rivals network in the early 00's but eventually left to be independent once again. I sold the site I believe in 2010 or somewhere around there, and you are now the 4th owner.

That's just the quick synopsis.

Chawker

Reaction score
Thank you shaggy ! Your present is like a warm blanket on a cold winters night. Keep up your hard work.

Cheers bud !

W

Welshers

Don't be concerned. I am a Cards fan but I dont hate on any other franchises. I'm a fan of them all in some from or another. Im a huge sports guy and I am a huge fan of forums, so its a win win for me.

So may dream is to create a site similar to SB Nation. If you understand SB Nation, they have a main site, but when you click on a article, it will take you to a totally different url/page that is all about that team. So for example, if you go to SB nation and click on a Seahawk article, it takes you to fieldgulls.com, which is all about the Seahawks.

The idea is to eventually create an article page on the forum where hopefully I can find members here that would be interested in posting up articles on the Seahawks. Again this is a dream of mine that may never happen but it something I'd like to work to. If it never happens, I'm still happy to own and run forums. So again, a win win scenario for me.
Glad to hear that Shaggy, you have remedied all my concern about you being a Cardinals fan! I love your idea and dream and think you should absolutely go for it! Great job so far on this forum.

W

Welshers

David is correct. I started Seahawks98.com back in 1998 because there was absolutely zero online forum community for Seahawks fans. At the time even Seahawks.com was little more than a static page with hardly any links to navigate. Then it changed to Seahawks99.com and thought how silly to keep changing the domain name every year and lo and behold I saw that Seahawks.net was an available domain name and snagged it. From 2000 on it's been Seahawks.NET. We had an editor and writers contributing regular articles, long before there was a Fieldgulls.com. We joined the Rivals network in the early 00's but eventually left to be independent once again. I sold the site I believe in 2010 or somewhere around there, and you are now the 4th owner.

You, my friend, are an absolute LEGEND.

K

K.J WRIGHT

Okay, okay, you can argue this isn't Seahawks related directly blah blah but since we are talking about new management taking over a Seahawks fan site that has been around since 1998 I would hope for some leeway...

Shaggy, I have to say as the creator of this site, I can honestly say that you are precisely the owner I have been hoping for after all these years that I let go of the reigns. That's not to say that the previous owners were not valued because they were but you have a clear vision of what works and yet you are humble and entirely open to input from the community, and you don't seem to waste time.

I hope I speak for all of us when I say welcome, thank you for restoring .NET to where she belongs and Go Seahawks!
Shaggy is FIRE !

olyfan63

Reaction score
Thank you Shaggy, for all the improvements you've made here! I couldn't give less of a rip that you're a Cards fan, or a Rams fan, or whatever team, you're doing great things here! The board is so much better, faster, smoother! It's all good as long as you're an AFC Richmond fan, and hate Manchester City. Just tell me where to send your AFC Richmond "Wonder Kid" jersey, lol.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Overall, the quality of the site and the time that's taken to ask for input and to share and bounce ideas around and answer things with members is a breath of fresh air. As well as how much your involved and active. Love it!

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score

Love hearing about the history of the site. So you were the first owner, then you sold it to number 2, then he sold it to Jameson and now me.

So why did you or the other owners stop going with the articles? Hoping to start that back up some time.

hawkfan68

Reaction score

Aros, If I remember correctly at some point wasn't Seahawks on Scout.net or affiliated with it in some way. I believe that is how I found it. Since then I've been addicted....Best sites on Seahawks is right here. I'm not any other forums sports forums. I get all that I need here.

Shaggy, thank you. Keep up the great work. So far I feel the same way.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Aros, If I remember correctly at some point wasn't Seahawks on Scout.net or affiliated with it in some way. I believe that is how I found it. Since then I've been addicted....Best sites on Seahawks is right here. I'm not any other forums sports forums. I get all that I need here.

Shaggy, thank you. Keep up the great work. So far I feel the same way.

Yes Scout and Rivals were basically the same thing. I think it was just a name change or something. Thanks for the kudos!