Shaggy Deserves Kudos

Aircrew

Reaction score
Okay, okay, you can argue this isn't Seahawks related directly blah blah but since we are talking about new management taking over a Seahawks fan site that has been around since 1998 I would hope for some leeway...

Shaggy, I have to say as the creator of this site, I can honestly say that you are precisely the owner I have been hoping for after all these years that I let go of the reigns. That's not to say that the previous owners were not valued because they were but you have a clear vision of what works and yet you are humble and entirely open to input from the community, and you don't seem to waste time.

I hope I speak for all of us when I say welcome, thank you for restoring .NET to where she belongs and Go Seahawks!

I completely agree, 100%.

RockHawk

Reaction score
If you 2 care to share @Aros and @RockHawk. why did you sell the site at the time? If you don't want to share the reason, I understand.
For me, it's not all that complicated. First, it's important to note that after 7 years, I gave a portion of ownership to another user that basically built, supported, and hosted the technical portions of the site. Neal put more time and effort into this place then he'll ever get credit for. And it sucks that some folks couldn't see past his moderation duties to appreciate that.

All that being said, I started putting my free time into my kids and some consulting work with the Hawks and Vulcan rather than .NET. It wasn't fair to be an absentee owner and just leave all the responsibility of running the place to Neal and the moderators (god bless them all), so I decided to sell and hope some new blood would be good for it.

I owe @Aros a debt I can never repay. He took me with him to watch our Hawks play in their first SuperBowl in Detroit. He was always supportive of my want to move the site back to being independently owned and funded (from Scout). He really is the Godfather, and I just tried to do right by him, Les, and the community. But, my priorities changed and I sold it.

Not much more to tell. This site provided me with dozens of real friends, opened doors with the team and other affiliated places that I never would have gotten otherwise. Thus, I'm glad to come back to say hey to you and that I'm happy to help however I can. Even if that's just welcoming you to the pantheon and wishing you the best. Just do right by the community, and we're golden.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Okay, okay, you can argue this isn't Seahawks related directly blah blah but since we are talking about new management taking over a Seahawks fan site that has been around since 1998 I would hope for some leeway...

Shaggy, I have to say as the creator of this site, I can honestly say that you are precisely the owner I have been hoping for after all these years that I let go of the reigns. That's not to say that the previous owners were not valued because they were but you have a clear vision of what works and yet you are humble and entirely open to input from the community, and you don't seem to waste time.

I hope I speak for all of us when I say welcome, thank you for restoring .NET to where she belongs and Go Seahawks!
I've been a member since the late 90's, and was even on a BOD for a bit, used to write articles, and so on, but I haven't been around much lately. Might have to change that a bit now. Thanks to all the owners for keeping this alive.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Seems like a great guy, I just don't know why a Arizona Cardinals fan bought a Seahawks forum! Concerning!
Playing real life monopoly? Seems like a fun thing to do it with if so.

Anyway, thanks to all .NET site owners, past and present. My account is a little over a decade old now and I lurked for quite a while before signing up. Haven’t been here much in recent years, but it looks great and I’m grateful that it’s still around. Or as Marshawn would say, “I’m thankful.”

acer1240

Reaction score
Todd and Mark have done a great job describing the history of this place. The scout days were dark times.

If I remember correctly Todd got cvnt punted by the Seahawk origination as they were pissed at him taking the. Net

Fun times. 99 Todd?

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
Fill me on how scout/rivals worked with this site? It went from Seahawks98 to scouts/rivals? So it was like rivals.com/Seahawks? If that's the case, how did you get the data off scouts/rivals on to Seahawks.net? Or was it setup differently then being tied into them.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Better than the last owner for sure. You are the gold standard though Todd.

Too many sub forums but he is kicking ass on trying to make the place better.

Get involved you balding piece of shit
Do you care to share the history of the site, why you started it, was it active right off the bat, was it the first Seahawk forum out there?
Correct. Owned it from around 2010 until selling it to the previous owner you purchased it from. I haven't logged in or even visited here for well over 2 years, but heard from a .NET friend that things were better and I should introduce myself. I miss the old girl, for sure. Like Aros, I'm more then happy to help in whatever ways I can. PM me for my contact details.

It was certainly something taking Todd's baby and watching it grow into the behemoth it became during the SB years.

When I came here in 2015, I thought it was Anguish. But I’m glad to see that it was you Rock, who was also involved.

Shaggy is A xen genius that fixes technical shit posthaste. It’s not like people really have to code in you tube or Twitter anymore, and the like button provides more engagement.

Plus, hes not the kind of active hands on that the last two owners were.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
When I came here in 2015, I thought it was Anguish. But I’m glad to see that it was you Rock, who was also involved.

Shaggy is A xen genius that fixes technical shit posthaste. It’s not like people really have to code in you tube or Twitter anymore, and the like button provides more engagement.

Plus, hes not the kind of active hands on that the last two owners were.

I have help. My good buddy Chris is the one that helped update and install Xenforo. So credit goes to him for doing it for me.. 😁

RockHawk

Reaction score
I have help. My good buddy Chris is the one that helped update and install Xenforo. So credit goes to him for doing it for me.. 😁
This is exactly how it was with me relying on Neal (Anguish) for the technical wizardly. Most of the long-time users know I wasn't as publicly active as @Aros (who tf is????) or Neal during my time as owner, taking a more subtle approach. I tried to empower my mods & admins and only post rarely. Different owners, different styles.

It's exactly this reason (Anguish doing so much behind the scenes to keep things running) that I gave him partial ownership in 2017. Plus, by then, I was starting to check out as I'd noted before.

RockHawk

Reaction score
Fill me on how scout/rivals worked with this site? It went from Seahawks98 to scouts/rivals? So it was like rivals.com/Seahawks? If that's the case, how did you get the data off scouts/rivals on to Seahawks.net? Or was it setup differently then being tied into them.
I'll try to fill in the gaps sometime tomorrow, unless Aros beats me to it. But I can tell you I already messed up the timeline. (I blame the MCU). I purchased the site around 2006/2007 and owned it for about 13 years. The database you can dig into that contains all the member data feeding the stats under our usernames is actually the beginnings of what's still chugging along now. You may also note the first two accounts in the DB would be Anguish & I.

More to come tomorrow.

acer1240

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Rock. I've never interacted with Neal but have heard he's a wonderful person. I'm really happy that you are back. Hit me up in the shack so I can say a few things.

Rainger

Reaction score
Good to see you back on again Rock, I joined in 2011 when u were in charge as Rainger. You may or not remember me with the tattoos and all the draft day stuff I did. I am now in Australia and like you i am back into the .Net like I was in the beginning. Always appreciated everything you and Aros did for this place.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Rock. I've never interacted with Neal but have heard he's a wonderful person. I'm really happy that you are back. Hit me up in the shack so I can say a few things.

Neal is a stud. He donated to me a rare gift. A Seahawks authentic jersey with the authentic SB XLVIII patch on it (good luck trying to find that real patch anywhere) that was used in NY on a mannequin during SB week leading up to the game. It's one of my favorite treasures. He heard how much I was trying to find that darn patch and donated the jersey to me. I still owe him a dinner. Great dude.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Good to see you back on again Rock, I joined in 2011 when u were in charge as Rainger. You may or not remember me with the tattoos and all the draft day stuff I did. I am now in Australia and like you i am back into the .Net like I was in the beginning. Always appreciated everything you and Aros did for this place.

Rock was a great owner. We were lucky to have him for all those years. Ask him about our time in Detroit in 2005. :LOL:

acer1240

Reaction score
Shaggy... Do me a solid and put this thread in the archives when it's run it's course. Todd, Neal, Mark and Les are absolutely royalty here.

acer1240

Reaction score
Thanks my friend, and I don't think it's tough to figure out that answer yourself. I'll just say that I'm thrilled to see Les (Radish) is back in the gameday forum honour placement that he deserves.
I've spewed alot over the years. 25 or so but only ever got one warning because I was promoting a nuclear strike against Canada. I'm going to figure out who wronged you and make him spend an evening with pehawk

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He offered to buy it from me and I respected him and thought the site would be in good hands and it was. I am thrilled to say the same about you.