Shaggy Deserves Kudos

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Okay, okay, you can argue this isn't Seahawks related directly blah blah but since we are talking about new management taking over a Seahawks fan site that has been around since 1998 I would hope for some leeway...

Shaggy, I have to say as the creator of this site, I can honestly say that you are precisely the owner I have been hoping for after all these years that I let go of the reigns. That's not to say that the previous owners were not valued because they were but you have a clear vision of what works and yet you are humble and entirely open to input from the community, and you don't seem to waste time.

I hope I speak for all of us when I say welcome, thank you for restoring .NET to where she belongs and Go Seahawks!

acer1240

Reaction score
Better than the last owner for sure. You are the gold standard though Todd.

Too many sub forums but he is kicking ass on trying to make the place better.

Get involved you balding piece of shit

acer1240

Reaction score
I probably have more posts than anyone in the history of this site. I really appreciate you Todd. Been since 98 or so?

Im happy that he has taken over. Still going to call him a **** though.

Give my best to your lovely wife. I'd love to buy you dinner again.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You got it bro! Name the place and date you reprobate!

acer1240

Reaction score
Going to be out your way next week Todd.. I'll send you a pm. My son really wants to meet a real life godfather. You're going to be surprised at who it is.

notyou

Reaction score
Thank you Shaggy for getting viewed threads to gray out. This makes it sooooooooo much easier to see if there's new posts.
Now if you could just figure out how to remove the sidebar and the site will be great.

W

Welshers

Not Seahawks Football related, Aros. This would have been much better posted in the Site Announcement section. Incredibly disappointed in you. :ROFLMAO:
(sarcasm, before anyone jumps down my throat...)

No, really though. Shaggy has done a great job. I really love this update to the forum, especially getting notified when someone responds to you. Guy is pure class. Though it is concerning he is a Cardinals fan!

Last edited by a moderator:

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Seems like a great guy, I just don't know why a Arizona Cardinals fan bought a Seahawks forum! Concerning!
I'm sure Shaggy can speak for himself but the chap apparently runs a few different team forums and seahawks.net is another for the portfolio.

W

Welshers

I'm sure Shaggy can speak for himself but the chap apparently runs a few different team forums and seahawks.net is another for the portfolio.
That's good, he's already made big and positive changes here. You just never know if a fan of another team could eventually not care about the site and shut it down or something. My only concern!

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
Okay, okay, you can argue this isn't Seahawks related directly blah blah but since we are talking about new management taking over a Seahawks fan site that has been around since 1998 I would hope for some leeway...

Shaggy, I have to say as the creator of this site, I can honestly say that you are precisely the owner I have been hoping for after all these years that I let go of the reigns. That's not to say that the previous owners were not valued because they were but you have a clear vision of what works and yet you are humble and entirely open to input from the community, and you don't seem to waste time.

I hope I speak for all of us when I say welcome, thank you for restoring .NET to where she belongs and Go Seahawks!

Thanks and this means alot coming from the original owner. I may slack on things here and there at times, but thanks again for the accolades.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you Shaggy for getting viewed threads to gray out. This makes it sooooooooo much easier to see if there's new posts.
Now if you could just figure out how to remove the sidebar and the site will be great.

Was going to find your post and ask if it's better, but I'll do it here. It's better now?

notyou

Reaction score
It's a lot better. Although on mobile is shows the most recent thread in each sub forum under the sub forum name and that is still green when everything is viewed. If that could be grayed out as well, it would be great.
Also, can we get an option to uncensor words?Screenshot 20220429 080838 Firefox

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
Seems like a great guy, I just don't know why a Arizona Cardinals fan bought a Seahawks forum! Concerning!

Don't be concerned. I am a Cards fan but I dont hate on any other franchises. I'm a fan of them all in some from or another. Im a huge sports guy and I am a huge fan of forums, so its a win win for me.

So may dream is to create a site similar to SB Nation. If you understand SB Nation, they have a main site, but when you click on a article, it will take you to a totally different url/page that is all about that team. So for example, if you go to SB nation and click on a Seahawk article, it takes you to fieldgulls.com, which is all about the Seahawks.

The idea is to eventually create an article page on the forum where hopefully I can find members here that would be interested in posting up articles on the Seahawks. Again this is a dream of mine that may never happen but it something I'd like to work to. If it never happens, I'm still happy to own and run forums. So again, a win win scenario for me.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
It's a lot better. Although on mobile is shows the most recent thread in each sub forum under the sub forum name and that is still green when everything is viewed. If that could be grayed out as well, it would be great.
Also, can we get an option to uncensor words?View attachment 11389

So hopefully working on an add on that may allow words through for different user groups. Still in the thinking process on that. I want this site to be family friendly so I dont want extreme cuss words flying around the site.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score

Hey @Aros , curious. If this site was started back in 98, how come it shows you as joining in 2007? Was that due to updating the site to a different forum software that it changed your registration date?

notyou

Reaction score
So hopefully working on an add on that may allow words through for different user groups. Still in the thinking process on that. I want this site to be family friendly so I dont want extreme cuss words flying around the site.
I get that. Having it only show on users that check a box to show uncensored words is the way to go.