Seattle Mariners @ Atlanta Braves May 19-21

Crizilla

Reaction score
M's are dead last batting with a runner on 2nd and less than 2 outs. They'll get it done tonight against an NL favorite. Let's go good series to break through .

QWERTY

Reaction score
If Miller can pitch well against the Braves.... then he is a star.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Logan is getting hammered early. Too many fastballs. They are sitting on that pitch. It shouldn’t take 3 batters getting hard hits to change shit up.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Gilbert needs to start pitching backward. Start with the secondary stuff, then bring the heat. He did that for most of the rest of the game so far and it has worked.

If we could trust the bullpen, I'd be tempted to pull Logan now. 6 finished, 2 runs. Pitch count in the 80's.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I'm liking the add on runs here in the 7th. (y) (y) (y)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Gilbert needs to start pitching backward. Start with the secondary stuff, then bring the heat. He did that for most of the rest of the game so far and it has worked.

If we could trust the bullpen, I'd be tempted to pull Logan now. 6 finished, 2 runs. Pitch count in the 80's.
Logan pitched well once he stopped telegraphing the fastball. Braves crush the fastball, this should have been known thru advance scouting and common sense.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Nice win. Bullpen a little shaky, but they protected most of a 5 run lead, at least. :)

Atlanta has some bats. We worked their bullpen today. Maybe that helps tomorrow.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Already so many swings and misses at balls off the plate. Tough to watch honestly. The "director of hitting strategy" is a moron. SS is a wimp whos too scared to tell his guys to lay off pitches. He cannot for the life of him tell if a pitcher is locating or not. It's like he's not watching the game. It's a joke.

Runner on 3rd with 1 out and can't score. Worst team in baseball with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 out.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Wish they could clone a few copies of Kelenic and have 'em all on the Ms roster. He's often the only one who can do anything.

Haven't watched an Ms game in a while except for an inning here and there, but if Julio is still swinging like he thinks he's going to bash the ball to the moon, it's time to send him down for a few weeks -- big bucks contract notwithstanding. I think that would do the team a great deal of good.