Seahawks vs. Buccaneers in Munich, Germany!

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
I’m jumping into this discussion because I am now looking at this game against Tom Brady and the Buccaneers as the Seahawks next super bowl.
The game is late enough in the season for us to have developed some of our players and so it’s a good measuring stick for how far we’ve come from the beginning of the season.
How great would it be to put the Buccaneers down with Tom Brady on the international stage. If it’s with rising stars on our side, that’s gold baby!
Conversely, it could be a lesson in how far we have to go. Either way, I’m in 💯.

chrispy

Reaction score
The ticket sale prices and interest in this game virtually guarantees more expansion in Germany and elsewhere internationally. I remember being stuck in customs with 10000 Raider fans heading to MX City several years ago. There must be better schwag sales in Europe if there are more European games and fewer outside the US in N America....

Spain seems like an easy fit.... There would be a lot of interest in Amsterdam every other year +/- too. Even other cities in UK and Germany. Seems inevitable to me. Why else have an odd number of games???

toffee

Reaction score
The ticket sale prices and interest in this game virtually guarantees more expansion in Germany and elsewhere internationally. I remember being stuck in customs with 10000 Raider fans heading to MX City several years ago. There must be better schwag sales in Europe if there are more European games and fewer outside the US in N America....

Spain seems like an easy fit.... There would be a lot of interest in Amsterdam every other year +/- too. Even other cities in UK and Germany. Seems inevitable to me. Why else have an odd number of games???
Europe with their own league or just expansion teams from our league? Can Germany support like 2 - 3 teams? or just one team for the whole of Germany, somewhere central like Frankfurt? What about UK? One in London? I suppose the league could allow some existing franchise to move to Europe? I heard that Jaguars was willing to move to London, a much bigger market than Jacksonville. May be Chargers to Frankfurt? Come to think of it, does Ohio need 2 teams?

chrispy

Reaction score
Europe with their own league or just expansion teams from our league? Can Germany support like 2 - 3 teams? or just one team for the whole of Germany, somewhere central like Frankfurt? What about UK? One in London? I suppose the league could allow some existing franchise to move to Europe? I heard that Jaguars was willing to move to London, a much bigger market than Jacksonville. May be Chargers to Frankfurt? Come to think of it, does Ohio need 2 teams?
No, sorry, I was talking about some of my posts earlier in the thread.... I think there will be one game for each team on an international stage. It's unfair, and economically unbalanced, to have an odd number of games result in more home games for some teams. Without giving up the 17th game the NFL has fought for 10 years to gain, the simple answer is 8 home, 8 away, and 1 international game for every team. I think there are 5 this year, so it'd be an expansion of 11 more games. I'd anticipate a set number of games in London and Berlin or Munich or Hamburg with some games once/season in other locations. I'd think Europe, Australia and Mexico/Latin America could each support a couple games/yr.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
No, sorry, I was talking about some of my posts earlier in the thread.... I think there will be one game for each team on an international stage. It's unfair, and economically unbalanced, to have an odd number of games result in more home games for some teams. Without giving up the 17th game the NFL has fought for 10 years to gain, the simple answer is 8 home, 8 away, and 1 international game for every team. I think there are 5 this year, so it'd be an expansion of 11 more games. I'd anticipate a set number of games in London and Berlin or Munich or Hamburg with some games once/season in other locations. I'd think Europe, Australia and Mexico/Latin America could each support a couple games/yr.
I'm totally with you on that. The odd number of games lends itself to having a single neutral game, not counting as a home or away game for either team. And that game could be pretty much anywhere.

cymatica

Reaction score
Anyone else think that it's complete BS having a west coast team play at 6:30 AM in the freakin morning against an east coast team? I mean Wtf. Way too much of an advantage for an east coast team. It will be 3:30pm in Germany, they could easily move it back 2 hours

Germanhawk7

Reaction score
Anyone else think that it's complete BS having a west coast team play at 6:30 AM in the freakin morning against an east coast team? I mean Wtf. Way too much of an advantage for an east coast team. It will be 3:30pm in Germany, they could easily move it back 2 hours
Better marketing for the nfl…

OP
OP
orca

orca

Reaction score
At the same time you could say that for an east coast team it's much tougher because they never travel that much eastward. I think the Seahawks are the masters of managing those trips and will do very well next Sunday. Escpecially when the Seahawks fans will turn this into a home game, just as they did in London a couple years ago.

StoneCold

Reaction score
What local station will show the Hawks here in the Seattle area?

Reactions: PNW

FPD

Reaction score
It’s a game that we would love to win,but I think it’s a must win for the Bucs.
I completely agree. Actually, right now, it's the Super Bowl for the Bucs. I guarantee the Bucs'll be bringin' their A game. But I still think we can pull this one out! ✌️:cool: