Seahawks vs. Buccaneers in Munich, Germany!

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
The London game was unreal. The Seahawks turned a city thousands of miles away into a home game.

I've been to quite a few of these games and never heard anything like it, normally the crowds are quite neutral.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I think I'll give this game a miss and concentrate on getting to the PNW later in the year.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
A game on Nov. 13th will be a Week 10 game, and more than likely our bye week will be either before or after Week 10, which means that it will come later in the season. Just looking ahead a bit.

Jville

Reaction score
Is this a home game for us or for them?
Don't know ........ but .............

This will be the Seahawks' second trip to Europe in five seasons, having played in London in 2018 for a Week 6 win over the Raiders. That game featured a very pro-Seahawks crowd at Wembley Stadium, highlighting the support the Seahawks have in Europe, including a big fanbase in Germany.
Per NFL data, the Seahawks are the second most popular NFL team in Germany, a following that includes the German Sea Hawkers chapter that has 1,316 dues-paying members. That represents more than 10 percent of Sea Hawkers worldwide, and at that London game four years ago, an estimated 200-300 members of the German Sea Hawkers made the trip to attend the game.
The German Sea Hawkers currently have more than 32,000 followers between Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and in 2021 germanseahawkers.com had 38,674 users and 186,814 page views. Last season, more than 50 members of the German Sea Hawkers came to Seattle for the Seahawks' Week 11 game against Arizona. https://www.seahawks.com/news/international-game-germany-buccaneers-november-13-2022

Lagartixa

Reaction score
It's some bull$#!+, but it's less bull$#!+ than it could have been.

The game was s'posed to be played in Tampa, so at least the Seahawks don't lose a home game. But travel and rest have been shown to be really important factors in the NFL, and the Seahawks already out-travel every other team every year. Adding thousands more miles to the Seahawks' already-long in-season travel is some bull$#!+.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Is this a home game for us or for them?

This is a Bucs home game as they volunteered to give up a home game for this international game awhile back. All this announcement does is tell us who the "visiting" team is, and the exact date of the game.

As an aside, I don't mind the international games, but having to be up at 5:30 to watch this game isn't something I'm going to be looking forward to.

Germanhawk7

Reaction score
This is a Bucs home game as they volunteered to give up a home game for this international game awhile back. All this announcement does is tell us who the "visiting" team is, and the exact date of the game.

As an aside, I don't mind the international games, but having to be up at 5:30 to watch this game isn't something I'm going to be looking forward to.

Come on man.
Its only one game for you guys.
Im a german guy and i must watch the seahawks games every sunday to monday at 01/02:30 am and can directly go to work, haha.
Im so pumped for this game.
Seahawks fan for over 10 years and living 30 minutes away from the Stadium.

Germanhawk7

Reaction score
The german Seahawks Fans will make this a Home Game for the Seahawks!!! :)
We will see…
It will be very hard to get tickets and i think the biggest problem will be that all of german C Celebrities get some Tickets even they have no clue about football…

Jegpeg

Reaction score
I'm not convinced a flight to Munich is that much worse for the team than a flight to Tampa. The team will be on a charter plane and able to get a nights sleep on the flight.
I do think however when West Coast teams play in Europe the game should be an evening kickoff (about 9am pacific time) like the Raiders game was. Good for the fans watching back home and can reduce jetlag for the team.