Seahawks: REJECTED!

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Not surprising but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. There isn't a franchise qb to be found elsewhere. We now gotta embrace the full rebuild

Hyak

Reaction score
Well his agent is also Earl Thomas' agent FWIW.

Still, he's clearly the best QB option out there right now.

massari

Reaction score

I wanted him so bad. Now we gotta tank for Stroud, Young, or Levis

[tweet]https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1502413746509160451[/tweet]

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
Rat":295wpha9 said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnnyVenerable/status/1503486115579195393?s=20&t=OxdwqjI8eUH-4Cf2RuLTiA

Johnny Venerable

@JohnnyVenerable

Per

@McClain_on_NFL

, Deshaun Watson has rejected the Seahawks.

5:39 PM · Mar 14, 2022·Twitter Web App

Best news of the day!

Amen! Let's bury that rumor ASAP.

I watched Drew Lock's 2020/2021 highlights...kid has an arm, saw more than one really nice throw, even when it was off his backfoot. He'll never be Russell Wilson, but I'm okay with giving him the reins for a year, worse that can happen is he takes the team to 6-11, 7-10, and we miss out on a high draft pick next year and settle into the mediocrity of the NFL's mid-tier. Honestly, we've kinda been there the last few years, so why not at least see what the kid can do.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
MagnificentSeven":1elh0zyq said:
Rat":1elh0zyq said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnnyVenerable/status/1503486115579195393?s=20&t=OxdwqjI8eUH-4Cf2RuLTiA

Johnny Venerable

@JohnnyVenerable

Per

@McClain_on_NFL

, Deshaun Watson has rejected the Seahawks.

5:39 PM · Mar 14, 2022·Twitter Web App

Best news of the day!

Amen! Let's bury that rumor ASAP.

I watched Drew Lock's 2020/2021 highlights...kid has an arm, saw more than one really nice throw, even when it was off his backfoot. He'll never be Russell Wilson, but I'm okay with giving him the reins for a year, worse that can happen is he takes the team to 6-11, 7-10, and we miss out on a high draft pick next year and settle into the mediocrity of the NFL's mid-tier. Honestly, we've kinda been there the last few years, so why not at least see what the kid can do.
Highlights don't tell you very much, even his highlights were underwhelming. 7-10 with Lock is generous, he couldn't even do that with the Broncos and they had a better team. I cannot think of a more underwhelming QB to replace Wilson with. I certainly hope that at least an FA QB is in the cards.

James in PA

Reaction score
Looks like we'll be rolling with Lock or a rook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elemas

Reaction score
DK, Tyler, Fant…that makes the Seahawks attractive to a QB of Deshaun’s caliber.

But…Pete’s philosophy? Russ had a great career here but a major part of his wanting to leave can be found in numerous games throughout just the last three years.

Not surprised and tbh, once Russ left, it became a great opportunity for Pete and JS to try and recreate what they did when they first came on board.

James in PA

Reaction score
Are we sure this news is legit? That link is not working for me and I'm not seeing this reported anywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonichound16

Reaction score
Thank god! Would he have made us better this year...definitely better but not championship caliber. Would we be better in a couple years without the draft picks or players we would have to give up for him and paying him $50 million per year...I can't see that being a possibility. I would much rather see what Lock can do with a change of scenery and either grab a rookie later in the draft or get one next year if Lock doesn't pan out. Maybe bring in a vet for cheap as a stop gap. I am interested to see where Ridder goes in the draft. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Hawks uniform. Build through the draft and hope to hit on a QB. These $$ figures for elite QB's are getting ridiculous and really hamper a team from building around them.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
More Trouble than his worth, really Probably will be suspended and his sex addiction problem ain't going anywhere!

Hyak

Reaction score
John McClain is a Houston based NFL reporter tied in to the Texans. It's likely his info is accurate albeit he's kind of like John Clayton in that he's been around forever but may be living on past glory as opposed to being tied in to the here and now.

Hard for me to envision the Seahawks trading a bunch of picks they just got for Watson. Fully expect them to sign a veteran to compete with Lock and look to 2023 (a better QB draft) to target a guy if Lock proves to be what most of us think he is. I could also see them drafting a QB in round 2 (or moving up into late 1) like Corral or maybe Willis if he slides.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
The year they drafted Wilson, PC/JS flew to try and woo Manning and were rejected.

I don’t really care who said no. Either way, Seattle avoids being saddled to another pissed off QB. If the Seahawks traded for Watson, after trading Russ, it shows bad process and would make the franchise worse (and more dramatic) longer.

This is good news. Watson is going to have enormous influence on whatever organization he goes to. I’d rather avoid that.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I liked the idea of Watson stepping in but once I hear the player doesn't want to be a Seahawk they are dead to me. NEXT!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
LOL at the Drew Lock people.

Dude has had three years to prove something and all he proved was that his value is just a name added to a pile of other names and picks traded for an actual real NFL qb.