Seahawks: REJECTED!

Mizak

Reaction score
Rat":gd3k1hsm said:
ivotuk":gd3k1hsm said:
Bob Condotta: "There's a report that Seattle was out on Deshaun Watson from the beginning."

That doesn't make sense. Did Watson reject us pre-emptively? If so, ouch!

Heaps: Seahawks reached out to Deshaun Watson, who wasn’t interested

“When you look at where (the Seahawks) are at, in their mindset, they are trying to find the next quarterback, they’re trying to find the next guy,” Heaps said. “… That did not work out (with Watson)… and one of the big reasons why I believe Watson didn’t want to come to Seattle was because of where the organization is at. It’s twofold. Are they in the midst of a rebuild? Kind of seems that way. No. 2, also from Deshaun Watson’s perspective, all the things that Russell Wilson may have had issues with the organization probably would have applied to him in terms of what he would have wanted, in terms of things being done within the organization.

“So I don’t believe it was just like a perfect fit organizationally to quarterback in terms of what Deshaun Watson is ultimately seeking and wanting, and other organizations obviously being more willing to give some of that control to Deshaun Watson. Also, (other teams) are able to give up more capital to get him in a trade.”

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1593057/ ... nterested/

Elemas

Reaction score
Totally understand that. I’m fine with a lower tier QB, rookie even. It would nice to have a top 5 D and running game though.

If you can run Russ out, there’s no way in hell you look attractive to guys like Watson. Smart move on his part.

Pete’s what we have. It’s what ownership chose. Like it or not, it is what it is.

James in PA

Reaction score
Cleveland rejected as well.

Now they got more Baker drama to deal with. [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts