Seahawks: REJECTED!

Elemas

Reaction score
I don’t care if it’s Lock, Geno…whoever.

Keep the picks. Draft a QB when the time is right. I’m not seeing this next draft as being the right time.

Folks are acting like we’re going to the playoffs when we’re likely 4th place in our own division for the foreseeable future.

Plus, the overwhelming theme, on this board at least, is that Pete’s offense needs a game manager and not Tom Brady.

As we’re left with little choice, I’m ready to see it in action.

nanomoz

Reaction score
That's a relief for me.

Trading all that draft capital for a QB that will then have to fight through a worse roster than Russell has in recent years held no appeal for me.

Kinger95

Reaction score
To just swap the Russ assets into Watson and expect anything different from the quality of the coaching/defence and O line would be silly.

Would have been a completely lateral move. Straight up our roster is subpar and likely the worst roster in the division. Now is the absolute best time to re-stock talent when the other 3 teams are doing everything they can to win. In 3 years you have to imagine the rams lack of picks will catch up and stafford will be past his prime. Arizona is gonna have to pay some guys big time and the 49ers are down a ton of picks just to move up in the last draft and things change quickly in the nfl.

Honestly imo the playoffs the last couple years the pass rush and o line are equally if not more important than the qb. Aaron Donald is more of a game changer than Mahomes and Rodgers especially when they are under constant pressure. And he makes half the money

Just look at the bengals realizing they need to beef up the o line to win.

hawkpride

Reaction score
WHOOP, this is good news indeed. Now build the team, get a QB when the time is right and or a FA QB for the short term.

acer1240

Reaction score
SPOHAWK":15qyfag3 said:
More Trouble than his worth, really Probably will be suspended and his sex addiction problem ain't going anywhere!

Be nice now. Those women were just being difficult...

xray

Reaction score
I didn't want him to start with.
<<< see my avatar Watson .

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Guys this is awful news... if you dont want the hawks to suck for years this was our shot. I struggle to think how a die hard fan would be opposed to this move after the judge cleared him of any criminal wrongdoing,, well such is life

acer1240

Reaction score
I'm actually a little surprised at this. Not many teams can offer up DK, Tyler and Fant.

That's a hell of alot of explosive firepower.

If Penny stays healthy this offense could be downright filthy.

kf3339

Reaction score
IF this is true, good! We have had enough QB diva drama for now.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Watson rejected many teams. I knew he would stay down south that's where he's from. Moving on I like what we got going forward

Tusc2000

Reaction score
kf3339":307v26u8 said:
IF this is true, good! We have had enough QB diva drama for now.

If you prefer a 3-14 season, I've got drama-free guys like Geno Smith and Colt McCoy waiting for you.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sit tight kiddies. Wait for next year's draft when we are picking top 10 and BAM. Get your man.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
Aros":1fjv20pr said:
Sit tight kiddies. Wait for next year's draft when we are picking top 10 and BAM. Get your man.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happens, but I don't think that's the plan. Nothing apart from trading Russ is feeling like a rebuild plan.

Elemas

Reaction score
Aros":ufdxcykp said:

I hope THIS is the plan.

massari

Reaction score
Rat":1ni4u2qo said:
Aros":1ni4u2qo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happens, but I don't think that's the plan. Nothing apart from trading Russ is feeling like a rebuild plan.
They'll probably build a 8-9 or 9-8 roster, then have to luck out for a team to accept a king's ransom to move up and pick one of those top QBs.

That's why they gotta roll with Drew Lock, and don't go on any huge spending sprees this offseason.

Seymour

Reaction score
Rat":2lp9pl4l said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnnyVenerable/status/1503486115579195393?s=20&t=OxdwqjI8eUH-4Cf2RuLTiA

Johnny Venerable

@JohnnyVenerable

Per

@McClain_on_NFL

, Deshaun Watson has rejected the Seahawks.

5:39 PM · Mar 14, 2022·Twitter Web App

Thank God we're not going to be his 23rd victim! Best news of the day!

Excellent!! Let him take his hummer peep show freak act elsewhere! 40 Mi for that moron is ridiculous. :2thumbs:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":95jvirkj said:
Not worth the drama, at all.

THIS ^^^^ ALL TO HELL ^^^^ THIS ^^^^
He's an extraordinary QB and wherever he lands, he's going to shine...That being said, the Seahawks have a LOT of holes that need fixing, and Watson would only set the Seahawks organization back a few YEARS to getting right.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I'm kinda meh on it now. I think drafting a qb is the better long term option. Watson would of been an immediate replacement but he hasn't played in a year and a half either and sometimes these prolonged breaks don't work out well. I'm okay with Lock for a year as my expectations are really low for this season. I just hope they don't draft a qb this year.