Seahawks pick up Noah Fant's 5th year option

Hawknight

Reaction score

Posted by Myles Simmons on April 12, 2022, 3:49 PM EDT

"The Seahawks have formally picked up Fant’s option for 2023, guaranteeing the tight end a $6.85 million salary for his fifth pro season, per ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Fant was the 20th overall pick of the 2019 draft and played his first three seasons with the Broncos. The Seahawks acquired him as part of the deal that sent quarterback Russell Wilson to Denver.

Fant has been productive in his three seasons, but has yet to cross into the realm of the elite. Last season, he caught 68 passes for 670 yards with four touchdowns in 16 games."

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Very good! He's a talented player. Hopefully he stays healthy and continues his successful connection with Lock

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's ok Cyrus, some dot net "expert" will tell us how stupid the Front Office is in 3....2.....1.........
:)

Rat

Reaction score
I didn't realize Fant had haters.

Definitely the right move. Kind of sad that this is the first fifth-year option we've ever picked up. Hopefully that's a trend that gets reversed with whoever we take at #9.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Great move. Good deal for a tight end with any history of production at all.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I don't know about this...risky...just kidding, a no brainer!
Don't take these no-brainers for granted, Cyrus. :) Or they'll, I don't know, take one of the most ascendant young talents on the roster (Damien Lewis) and hinder their development by switching their position in favor of an ageing / declining player (Gabe Jackson).

sutz

Reaction score
Guess they have to do that now, before the season. I'm good with it.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The other guy not mentioned here is Colby Parkinson who has size, can catch in traffic, moves well, but has little experience like many other recently drafted players.

I'm not sure that Wilson ever used TEs well except for jump balls in the endzone. I hope whoever becomes the starter @ QB can change that situation immediately.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Thumbs up from me, too. It's a good risk picking up an option, gives us one more year before we have to make a decision to sign him to a longer contract.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The other guy not mentioned here is Colby Parkinson who has size, can catch in traffic, moves well, but has little experience like many other recently drafted players.

I'm not sure that Wilson ever used TEs well except for jump balls in the endzone. I hope whoever becomes the starter @ QB can change that situation immediately.
That's because Wilson hated throwing over the middle, perhaps because his size didn't give him as much vision. Our next QB might not be as reluctant

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
At that price it’s a good move. Our TE group is good. Its the coaching that’s the issue and the QB. Our TE room is NOT arguably the best in the league at all. Kelce or Kittles with an UDFA are better than our group. But we are set at TE absent injuries.

seabowl

Reaction score
Now only if Wilson would throw to the TE'S. Oh wait....