Seahawks are declining the fifth-year option for defensive end L.J. Collier

Jville

Reaction score
This decision was due by May 2an. And as expected ................

stang233

Reaction score
The Seahawks have never exercised a fifth-year option on an eligible first-round pick they drafted since the fifth-year option was added to the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

kf3339

Reaction score
I'm wondering more why he is on the roster for his 4th year contract. It must be just for camp and preseason as he isn't going to make the 53 man roster this year.

He was very much a wasted 1st round pick.

GemCity

Reaction score
I remember calling this dude a reach…and being torn to shreds.

“He’s got great hands…”.

Maybe I was stuck on Sweat.

Anyways…

Last edited:

themunn

Reaction score
Collier had a better year last year than stats show and started to play significant snap rotation in 2md half of season when defense started to pick up. I predict he will play even more this year and get a 2nd contract with us, even if not at the price of a 5th year option

Ruminator

Reaction score
I have a real good feeling about Collier this season. And if it does pan out, the timing could not be more perfect.

sdog1981

Reaction score
He is a pure bust. Half the time guys get hurt. This dude just can't play at the NFL level. The dude was healthy and only played in 10 games last year.

GemCity

Reaction score
Were you accused of thinking you know more than an NFL Coach and GM?
Perhaps that was thrown in there as well. I know what you mean here. I’m not claiming to be smarter than PC and/or JS and admit when I’m wrong (ex…wanted Queen over Brooks….be glad I wasn’t in charge of that draft!).

Some folks D-ride the FO like a harlot, harem of 12’s with their unrelenting support though. Ever been accused of that?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I remember calling this dude a reach…and being torn to shreds.

“He’s got great hands…”.

Maybe I was stuck on Sweat.

Anyways…

Since a large percentage of draft picks don't pan out in the NFL, calling any drafted player a reach is going to give you a good chance of being right a lot of the time. It doesn't mean you know more than all the scouts on the team.

So of course many of us will light into folks that think they are armchair GM's. Doesn't mean we blindly have faith in our FO. We just know that their process is far more professional than Joe Blow fan watching college games on Saturdays. And still there's a large unknown void since the college game doesn't translate to the professional game and not everyone makes the leap.

So nothing against you personally, but don't think you are special for not liking a pick and being right. That's low hanging fruit. I also think the FO picked poorly, but accept that its largely a crap shoot beyond the top 10 in any draft.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I'm shocked! :rolleyes: Perhaps he will show something this season that could warrant at least a 1 year prove it deal for '23.

GemCity

Reaction score
Since a large percentage of draft picks don't pan out in the NFL, calling any drafted player a reach is going to give you a good chance of being right a lot of the time. It doesn't mean you know more than all the scouts on the team.

So of course many of us will light into folks that think they are armchair GM's. Doesn't mean we blindly have faith in our FO. We just know that their process is far more professional than Joe Blow fan watching college games on Saturdays. And still there's a large unknown void since the college game doesn't translate to the professional game and not everyone makes the leap.

So nothing against you personally, but don't think you are special for not liking a pick and being right. That's low hanging fruit. I also think the FO picked poorly, but accept that its largely a crap shoot beyond the top 10 in any draft.
I agree with your comment. At the same time, everyone’s welcome to their opinions. So, lighting someone up because you disagree with their negative outlook on a particular player kind of makes you an armchair GM as well correct?

The draft IS a crap shoot and if a person were to call every pick a “bust”, they’d be correct the majority of the time. Those folks are easy to spot. Eeyore’s of the community.

If it weren’t for very negative comments about one’s take on particular picks, most of us would shrug it off. But if you’re willing to light someone up because they disagree with you, you likely deserve a reminder (even four years later) that you were completely wrong and it’s just a forum. Opinions should be welcomed.

Not directed towards you… just in general.

It was a terrible pick then and this is the result. This year on the other hand, awesome job by our FO.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
It was a terrible pick then and this is the result. This year on the other hand, awesome job by our FO.

Or, at least it appears to be an awesome job at the moment.

Sure things can also not pan out. We can think the FO finally drafted correctly and get very little out of it. If that happens, it would call into question many of the assumptions made by posters on this platform about the draft.

GemCity

Reaction score
I think people take it the wrong way when you disagree with a pick. I don’t think anyone on this board, or others, are as smart as PC & JS when it comes to the draft. That’s taking things way out of context.

If you dislike a particular pick, it should be more than ok to state it in a fan forum. Especially at the time of the draft…well before the player takes a single snap.

Getting offended and telling someone that they think they’re smarter than PC and/or JS is a severe cop out. That’s a weak counter. No one’s saying that.

And if you don’t agree that PC and JS have screwed a few picks here and there up, there’s not much to be said.

Saying it in hindsight? That’s a different story. But mentioning you’d rather have Creed over Eskridge, right after the pick, and then people slamming your comment…lol. C’mon now.

GemCity

Reaction score
Or, at least it appears to be an awesome job at the moment.

Sure things can also not pan out. We can think the FO finally drafted correctly and get very little out of it. If that happens, it would call into question many of the assumptions made by posters on this platform about the draft.
100% correct. I loved this draft. Contrary to what the “experts” have rated us (looks like a C, C- average). But, it’s a crap shoot.

We’ll see.

AgentDib

Reaction score
My recollection is that there were several here at the time who were opposed to the LJ Collier pick because we took him instead of N'Keal Harry who has been even worse somehow. History hasn't been kind to a sizeable portion of that 2019 draft class, starting as early as Quinnen Williams and Clelin Ferrell at #3 and #4 overall.

Collier does take over from McDowell as the current "bust" to be warned against. Before that it was Prosise, then before that it was Richardson, then before that it was CMike, then before that it was Carpenter (who went on to play for 11 seasons), and before that it was Curry. Busts all the way down and despite the initial optimism there's probably a few of the guys we just drafted who aren't going to work out either.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He is a pure bust. Half the time guys get hurt. This dude just can't play at the NFL level. The dude was healthy and only played in 10 games last year.

Two words: Healthy Scratch.

John63

Reaction score
It's a good move he never really made an impact worthly of the draft status.