Russell Wilson meme thread

toffee

Reaction score

So, like at least half the nfl is religious. What makes rw think that god will pick him?

I am assuming that Wilson being a deeply religious man knew that his God is omnipresent? So he ought to know that:

"Your Season of Isolation, Struggle and Pain… Brought you closer to God." should read "His Season of Isolation, Struggle and Pain .... Brought to him by his God"

Weadoption

Reaction score
it’s more fun to just accept the cringey famewhoring narcissism and root for him because he gave you a trophy and otherwise balled out at a high level for a long time and never got hurt.
He is a hall of famer for gods sake it’s not even a question.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
it’s more fun to just accept the cringey famewhoring narcissism and root for him because he gave you a trophy and otherwise balled out at a high level for a long time and never got hurt.

Ryan Fitzpatrick disagrees, as @SantaClaraHawk pointed out in another thread (the one about Sean Payton and wristbands).

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I don't see it that way at all.

He's never received an MVP vote.

Yes, he's been to 9 Pro Bowls but how many of those was he named to replace some other QB who decided not to play due to injury or otherwise?

He's never been selected by the AP as an 1st Team All Pro... but was once selected as a 2nd Teamer.

His team won a SB but his intercepted pass in the closing minute cost his team a 2nd Lombardi.

Ultimately, he may get in but he's not a lock imo.

CactusJack

Reaction score
He'll make the HOF. But Fitz is dead right. He fell into the perfect situation here. His career has benefited from it greatly.

If he was drafted by another team, would he have the same level of success? Frankly, no.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
He'll make the HOF. But Fitz is dead right. He fell into the perfect situation here. His career has benefited from it greatly.

If he was drafted by another team, would he have the same level of success? Frankly, no.

I doubt he will make the hof. Even in Seattle, he had one SB, was picked Ap all pro one time. Only three times since have we managed to even make a divisional game. Which isn’t the record of a Mahomes or Brady.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
He's a professional stat padder. I wish they would post his sack stats. Hes probably no. 1 in being sacked in the fewest amount of games.
Good question! He's sitting at #8 career, should be top 5 by the end of the year.

I didn't look for average per year, but scanning this list the first person with a shorter tenure was Donovan McNabb at #20.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
I watched Fitz waste a many good seasons for the Bills, always throwing the strategically timed pick at the worst possible moment in the 4th quarter.

His beard is clownish, ridiculous, so it's hard to take this guy's opinion seriously at all regarding a peer.

What was he saying now?

morgulon1

Reaction score
No

hawkfan68

Reaction score
A guy who has never led a team to the playoffs in his career talking about another QB (who has been in the playoffs for the majority of his career). The only thing Fitzpatrick is known for is his lack of grooming skills.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I doubt he will make the hof. Even in Seattle, he had one SB, was picked Ap all pro one time. Only three times since have we managed to even make a divisional game. Which isn’t the record of a Mahomes or Brady.
You could take Mahomes and Brady and fill in players around them and they still win. Heck , Dave Kreig went to KC and went deep in the playoffs. Lil Russ had a defensive demon built around him and he blew it. BLEW IT SON !

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Fitz doesn’t insist he’s anything other than what he was or not. But Russ does.

As I said elsewhere, Russ’ ceiling is probably 7-8, his floor 5-6, and that’s the crawl space under which his nfl career resides for a year or two. Thats not hof material.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I watched Fitz waste a many good seasons for the Bills, always throwing the strategically timed pick at the worst possible moment in the 4th quarter.

His beard is clownish, ridiculous, so it's hard to take this guy's opinion seriously at all regarding a peer.

What was he saying now?

Wow, you attack anyone who criticizes Wilson. I hope Team 3 is at least paying you well for your service. I also hope you can breathe through your nose, because your mouth is obviously full of Dangerwich a lot of the time. Figuratively speaking, of course.

I think the kind of beard Fitzpatrick has is silly-lookin', but I don't see how that's relevant to the weight we should give Fitzpatrick's opinion on NFL quarterbacks. Then again, I'm not desperately trying to make excuses for an overrated player like Russell Wilson despite the overwhelming evidence that the people making all the criticisms are right about him. That gives me the luxury of being able to simply evaluate arguments and evidence.

I made the following image for @John63, but he's gone. I'd like to think it's because he developed the good sense to stop trying to make excuses for somebody who didn't deserve it. Coff coff....
In any case, it looks like we've found @John63's replacement.

Latest posts