Russell Wilson meme thread

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The second person usage of this is really disturbing, like Russ is channeling God, or Christianity.

Jesus Christ, Russ. Jesus isn’t just going to favor you in a game because you pray harder than the rest of the nfl who prays, which probably are most.

Your “season of isolation, struggle and Pain” was no Jobian conflict. Most logical ppl would make their first priority executing on what coach wants regardless of if they personally pray about it. And frankly, I can’t see you praying harder than you did last year.

Second, “a better version of you, HIS VERSION” is beyond misleading. If you suck, no one will care that you see it as Gods plan. Everyone is focused on what you will do as a football player.

This Season of Isolation, Struggle and Pain Brought you closer to God. Allowed you to realize who’s for you & who’s against you. The Good News… HE is for you! They are going to see a better version of you. HIS VERSION.

sc85sis

Reaction score
This is reminiscent of when he said that God told him he was going to use him when Russ threw that SB pick.

Edit to add: He also said God was the reason he went from 4 picks to a winning TD in the NFC Championship.

“That’s God setting it up, to make it so dramatic, so rewarding, so special,” Wilson said regarding the sudden transformation from horrible performance to incredible performance. “I’ve been through a lot in life, and had some ups and downs. It’s what’s led me to this day.”

Last edited:

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I hope one day RW3 is a senator, so I can just soak it in until I die

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
This is reminiscent of when he said that God told him he was going to use him when Russ threw that SB pick.

Edit to add: He also said God was the reason he went from 4 picks to a winning TD in the NFC Championship.

“That’s God setting it up, to make it so dramatic, so rewarding, so special,” Wilson said regarding the sudden transformation from horrible performance to incredible performance. “I’ve been through a lot in life, and had some ups and downs. It’s what’s led me to this day.”

Whoa. Brock Purdy and Trey Lance are big Christians, yet you never heard either credit his football failings to Jesus.

NoGain

Reaction score
Hasn't everyone realized by now that if an all powerful, all seeing, benevolent, compassionate god does exist, it does not directly intervene in what's going on with us in this existence. This is like philosophy 101.

NoGain

Reaction score
RW is stubborn. He's not a good listener, or at least doesn't take what he hears to heart when it comes to changing the way he's playing the position. What SP said goes straight to the core of the matter.

I'm getting the feeling this isn't going to last too long. SP's not going to tolerate someone who he perceives is holding him back from realizing his vision.