Russell Wilson meme thread

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Dude, nobody is "crowning" Geno "out of hate for Russ." Geno is simply a better QB than Russ.
Well Geno is better for the team and system we want to run but a better quarterback? That has yet to be proven. I think Russ is done because he refuses to change and evolve not because he doesn't have elite tools.

I have no anger it's more like watching a train wreck in slow motion you can't not look besides I hate Denver about as much as San Francisco so it's pure entertainment for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Well Geno is better for the team and system we want to run but a better quarterback? That has yet to be proven. I think Russ is done because he refuses to change and evolve not because he doesn't have elite tools.

I have no anger it's more like watching a train wreck in slow motion you can't not look besides I hate Denver about as much as San Francisco so it's pure entertainment for me.

Russ’ elite tools Are breaking down due to age. Last year alone he took 55 sacks as he can’t scramble as he used to.

BlueTalon

Reaction score

Geno can throw the deep ball about as good as Russ, can read better, can hit the middle of the field better. His leadership style doesn't make people roll their eyes or cringe. I think a case can be made that he's a better QB than Russ, at least at this point.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Man...I am glad all the idiots and obsessed haters have gathered in one spot so I can address you all at once. Talk about the most useless post and thread ever invented. In the spirit of getting kicked out again...

Well hello Mrs. Wilson. Glad to see you have a membership at Seahawks.NET!

RiverDog

Reaction score
Russ’ elite tools Are breaking down due to age. Last year alone he took 55 sacks as he can’t scramble as he used to.
This.

If you take a look at all quarterbacks "TT", or time to throw, for the past several years, the only starting QB's with a longer TT are all younger than Russell, and not by just a little bit. The next oldest is like 6 years younger than Russell and feature guys like Lamar Jackson and Zach Wilson. Conversely, the older QB's, like Brady and Big Ben, are/were at the top of the ranking as far as getting the ball out of their hands quickly.

Russell has never adjusted for the unstoppable march of Father Time. Perhaps Payton can get him into a quick throw offense, but it's going to be difficult to break him of this habit of his.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
This.

If you take a look at all quarterbacks "TT", or time to throw, for the past several years, the only starting QB's with a longer TT are all younger than Russell, and not by just a little bit. The next oldest is like 6 years younger than Russell and feature guys like Lamar Jackson and Zach Wilson. Conversely, the older QB's, like Brady and Big Ben, are/were at the top of the ranking as far as getting the ball out of their hands quickly.

Russell has never adjusted for the unstoppable march of Father Time. Perhaps Payton can get him into a quick throw offense, but it's going to be difficult to break him of this habit of his.

Russell’s Tt is almost twice as long as Purdy’s. Even some young guys are beating him.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Man...I am glad all the idiots and obsessed haters have gathered in one spot so I can address you all at once. Talk about the most useless post and thread ever invented. In the spirit of getting kicked out again...

Russ' really bad season 3500 yds, 16 yds, 11 int. Pretty much on par for every russ season besides tds. Moving on...
Geno smith (probowler) threw 11 ints last year too! I like what Geno did last year. Let's see what this year brings before we crown him out of hate for russ. Lamar Jackson...just got paid...threw for 2300 yards total! Oh man...but he is a running QB...no comparison. Ok...just got paid like a pocket passer. He barely gets 17 tds a year without running tds.
Jalen hurts went to superbowl last year...threw for a whooping 200 yards more than russ and had 22 tds. Wow. Really bad season by russ.
Continue-tua had a great year last year, but had to get waddle and hill to do that. Jimmy garappolo, Stafford, Mayfield is starting again. As long as Winston has lasted in this league after throwing dam near 30 int in back to back seasons? Russ was sacked 55 times last year. More then any Seattle year. Juedy had 14 drops to lead the league last year and included several quit routes. Same with courtland Sutton. Terrible receivers.

I'm not making excuses for russ. He played poorly last year. But what you guys are doing is next level girlfriend sabotage. I saw a post talking about the broncos offensive line and predicting it would back up their all knowing-ness to say the media would eventually blame the offensive line instead of russ Wilson like it's all his fault and football is a one man game. Referencing broncos vs cards preseason game. Did you even watch the game numb nuts...one of the first plays Wilson had a free rusher in his face! Untouched!!!

This site is calling out specific players by citing team statistics to justify their weak ass stance on said specific player like no one else plays defense with him. It's just him. Ignorance.

I can keep going guys, but I'll let you do the work, even though you won't. Because you can't admit you are wrong or indecent. Because I guess to school girls it's fun to still hate on someone who isn't on your team anymore. Obsessively talk about one man like you actually know him. Like your not a bunch of keyboard worn out ninjas, or booger picking ass scratching fat couch potatoes. Or if your keasley you act like you saw this coming. Ms Cleo of .net. haha.

I would want to be gone to if I had to hear people talk about me they way you guys do. ******* ridiculous!!! Bye the way...Pete and John tried traded russ way before he was ever gone in Seattle. I know you guys know that, so stop with all the russ just picked up his bags and left shit. You wanted him gone, so he did. Real man shit.

Glad I could be here though. Tons of fun!!!
Holy shit. This is pure gold. It's like .NET has its own Chris Chan.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

Russ' really bad season 3500 yds, 16 yds, 11 int. Pretty much on par for every russ season besides tds. Moving on...
Geno smith (probowler) threw 11 ints last year too! I like what Geno did last year. Let's see what this year brings before we crown him out of hate for russ. Lamar Jackson...just got paid...threw for 2300 yards total! Oh man...but he is a running QB...no comparison. Ok...just got paid like a pocket passer. He barely gets 17 tds a year without running tds.
Jalen hurts went to superbowl last year...threw for a whooping 200 yards more than russ and had 22 tds. Wow. Really bad season by russ.
Continue-tua had a great year last year, but had to get waddle and hill to do that. Jimmy garappolo, Stafford, Mayfield is starting again. As long as Winston has lasted in this league after throwing dam near 30 int in back to back seasons? Russ was sacked 55 times last year. More then any Seattle year. Juedy had 14 drops to lead the league last year and included several quit routes. Same with courtland Sutton. Terrible receivers.

I'm not making excuses for russ. He played poorly last year. But what you guys are doing is next level girlfriend sabotage. I saw a post talking about the broncos offensive line and predicting it would back up their all knowing-ness to say the media would eventually blame the offensive line instead of russ Wilson like it's all his fault and football is a one man game. Referencing broncos vs cards preseason game. Did you even watch the game numb nuts...one of the first plays Wilson had a free rusher in his face! Untouched!!!

This site is calling out specific players by citing team statistics to justify their weak ass stance on said specific player like no one else plays defense with him. It's just him. Ignorance.

I can keep going guys, but I'll let you do the work, even though you won't. Because you can't admit you are wrong or indecent. Because I guess to school girls it's fun to still hate on someone who isn't on your team anymore. Obsessively talk about one man like you actually know him. Like your not a bunch of keyboard worn out ninjas, or booger picking ass scratching fat couch potatoes. Or if your keasley you act like you saw this coming. Ms Cleo of .net. haha.

I would want to be gone to if I had to hear people talk about me they way you guys do. ******* ridiculous!!! Bye the way...Pete and John tried traded russ way before he was ever gone in Seattle. I know you guys know that, so stop with all the russ just picked up his bags and left shit. You wanted him gone, so he did. Real man shit.

Obsessed haters? Us?

Aren't you the guy who literally told a bunch of people to kill themselves after Russ put up a horrible performance during his last year here?

Can post the screenshots if you want, bud. Might wanna cool it on the "everyone is insane except me" angle.

keasley45

Reaction score
Obsessed haters? Us?

Aren't you the guy who literally told a bunch of people to kill themselves after Russ put up a horrible performance during his last year here?

Can post the screenshots if you want, bud. Might wanna cool it on the "everyone is insane except me" angle.

That really happened?

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Did John63 return and nobody told me?!

The selective misuse of stats to make Wilson's 2022 look less awful (and not much worse than Smith's 2022) is pretty @John63, isn't it?

Sure, Smith had as many interceptions as Wilson in 2022 and what looks at first glance like a similar number of sacks, but that illusion fades when you look at interceptions and sacks as a percentage of dropbacks.

Smith, who was intercepted on 1.9% of his pass attempts, was 11th-best (11th-lowest int%) in the league last season. Wilson, who was intercepted on 2.3% of his pass attempts, was 19th in the league (19th-lowest int% among 33 qualifying QBs).

Smith was indeed sacked a lot in 2022, getting sacked on 7.4% of his dropbacks, tying him with Lamar Jackson in 21st place out of 33 qualifying QBs in the league. Pretty bad, but nowhere near Wilson getting sacked on 10.2% of his dropbacks, good for 32nd in the league, better only than the truly-awful Justin Fields.

By passing DVOA, the measure of per-play productivity created by Aaron Schatz, founder of FootballOutsiders (R.I.P.), Smith was 12th-best in the league (among 34 QBs with over 200 passes). Wilson was 28th.

By passing DYAR, which was FO's measure (and I think will continue to be Schatz's, wherever he ends up) of overall production, Smith was ninth in the league and Wilson was 29th.

By ANY/A, Smith was 10th in the league and Wilson was 23rd, his highest showing in any of these overall-passing-performance categories.

By passer rating, Smith was fifth-best in the league. Wilson was 27th out of 33 qualifying QBs.

By QBR, Smith was sixth in the league, and Wilson was 28th.

Last edited:

keasley45

Reaction score
Obsessed haters? Us?

I did find this...

Plus...i dont come in here weekly or freak out on anyone. You dont get to decide what i do or do not do, then act like its gospel. Prove to me im in here freaking out on people? Ecspecially on a weekly basis. Haha...its laughable. Man i swear you think you know me or something. Good luck.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Russell’s Tt is almost twice as long as Purdy’s. Even some young guys are beating him.
I'm not sure if we're looking at the same stats. According to my information, Purdy's TT was 2.84, Wilson's was 2.98.

But I get your point. The only starting QB's with a longer TT than Russell were Lamar Jackson, Justin Fields, Zach Wilson, Sam Darnold, and DeShawn Watson.

Meanwhile, all of the older QB's, ie Brady, Dalton, Jimmy G., Ryan, Rodgers, Stafford, Tannehill, Flacco, and Cousins all have TT's significantly less than Russell's 2.98.

Taking that a little further, if you normalize the TT data by using the lowest, Brady's 2.45, as a base, Russell's .53 seconds above the base is 40% longer than the next lowest older QB's TT, Cousin's above base TT of .38 seconds.

The TT stat isn't the Holy grail of quarterbacking stats, but when you couple it with Russell's league leading 55 sacks, it does tell a story.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I'm not sure if we're looking at the same stats. According to my information, Purdy's TT was 2.84, Wilson's was 2.98.

But I get your point. The only starting QB's with a longer TT than Russell were Lamar Jackson, Justin Fields, Zach Wilson, Sam Darnold, and DeShawn Watson.

Meanwhile, all of the older QB's, ie Brady, Dalton, Jimmy G., Ryan, Rodgers, Stafford, Tannehill, Flacco, and Cousins all have TT's significantly less than Russell's 2.98.

Taking that a little further, if you normalize the TT data by using the lowest, Brady's 2.45, as a base, Russell's .53 seconds above the base is 40% longer than the next lowest older QB's TT, Cousin's above base TT of .38 seconds.

The TT stat isn't the Holy grail of quarterbacking stats, but when you couple it with Russell's league leading 55 sacks, it does tell a story.

Thanks for bringing up Purdy’s lag time. I will say his first td in a regular season game went at 1.78. It went up because first, he broke a rib against Tampa, and second, Shan trusted him to take that extra second.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
If Russell’s wife wanted privacy, she would not be appearing on his Twitter nearly nude to sell everything from perfume to Jesus. And if he cared about his kids’ privacy he would not be promoting lavish birthday parties complete with anacondas. I only refer to them in relation to what Russell says.
Agreed. If you're going to put the content out there for everyone to see, then it becomes fair game.

morgulon1

Reaction score

We hate Russ because of his clown fake ass douchery . If you read any of the comments within this glorious thread you'd understand that . My guess is maybe you're douche-y? Anyways there's room for you on the russ-buss...

Itsssss 🔥 spicy !!! Let's ride !!

toffee

Reaction score
It's not so much pent up anger as it is watching a train wreck in slow motion. I have zero anger, zero resentment, whatever it is, about Russ leaving. I'm glad he's gone.

It's just fun to watch the train wreck that is his Denver career. The fact that the Broncs are our old AFC West rivals just makes it that much more sweeter.

Really nothing more to it than that. I suspect that's the case for the majority of us here.
I give this topic some thoughts, and my conclusion is rather simple. We don't have a player, current or otherwise, that is as entertaining as Russell Wilson. I am speaking as a 12, not wearing my Wilsoncologist hat.

Think about it, Sherm may be a better orator, but man, even Sherm couldn't create something like "Let's ride", and kept chanting it when Broncos were burning. Bobby certainly a better football player than Wilson, 8 time first team all-pro to Wilson's ZERO, but Bobby won't high knee his way to Germany, would he? ET3 may be a player, orgy with brother and all, but even Earl wouldn't present his girlfriend or wife butt naked for our viewing pleasure.

In that sense, all of us appreciate Wilson, he as a football player realized that he is in the entertainment industry, football just a footnote. As long as Wilson is out there entertaining, we, ok, I feel obliged to watch. Frankly my fellow member @jamescasey1124 , I don't understand your anger.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
I give this topic some thoughts, and my conclusion is rather simple. We don't have a player, current or otherwise, that is as entertaining as Russell Wilson. I am speaking as a 12, not wearing my Wilsoncologist hat.

Think about it, Sherm may be a better orator, but man, even Sherm couldn't create something like "Let's ride", and kept chanting it when Broncos were burning. Bobby certainly a better football player than Wilson, 8 time first team all-pro to Wilson's ZERO, but Bobby won't high knee his way to Germany, would he? ET3 may be a player, orgy with brother and all, but even Earl wouldn't present his girlfriend or wife butt naked for our viewing pleasure.

In that sense, all of us appreciate Wilson, he is the one realize he is in the entertainment industry, football just a footnote. As long as Wilson is out there entertaining, we, ok, I feel obliged to watch. Frankly my fellow member @jamescasey1124 , I don't understand your anger.

You have a good point. Russell's a strange dude, so much so that he's laughable. I'm surprised SNL didn't do a skit on his knee highs to Europe. And how about those Subway commercials? Or that slutty hooker's outfit his wife wore?

But the sad thing is that Russell seems tone deaf to how cringy and corny he comes off as being, especially when he and his team are doing a huge belly flop on the field and the criticism is at its peak.

Latest posts