Russell Wilson meme thread

keasley45

Reaction score

He REALLY, REALLY wants to please...

This answer by SP is so awkward. Even his body language toward the end is weird. SP has enherited a guy that I don't think he quite knows what to do with.

And the obsession with Brees is odd. I mean, I get looking up to a player, but the degree to which Russ allegedly hounded Brees this offseason and continues to ask Payton about him... its just not the kind of thing you'd expect from an 11 year vet. Russ sounds like a wet eared rookie in the glow of a coach who mentored his idol.

Sheds light on the quasi father / son relationship Pete and Russ had and how it soured in the end.

chrispy

Reaction score

He REALLY, REALLY wants to please...

This answer by SP is so awkward. Even his body language toward the end is weird. SP has enherited a guy that I don't think he quite knows what to do with.

And the obsession with Brees is odd. I mean, I get looking up to a player, but the degree to which Russ allegedly hounded Brees this offseason and continues to ask Payton about him... its just not the kind of thing you'd expect from an 11 year vet. Russ sounds like a wet eared rookie in the glow of a coach who mentored his idol.

Sheds light on the quasi father / son relationship Pete and Russ had and how it soured in the end.

If we think back to RCWs younger years, he was exactly this way. Of course, there's no way to know the degree then/now, but he was very eager to please and aggressively pursued great players to question/discuss their careers. That all disappeared over time in Seattle. Perhaps he reverted back to eagerly pursuing success instead of dictating his own terms. If so, maybe a come-back...??? I can't say I expect it: see it/believe it kind of thing. RCWs greatest roadblock (in my unqualified opinion/ has been his ego. If he's actually accepted that he needs help and isn't good on his own, maybe....

I'm curious: What, in your opinion, would RCW need to do in order to revert back to a "good" NFL QB?

keasley45

Reaction score
If we think back to RCWs younger years, he was exactly this way. Of course, there's no way to know the degree then/now, but he was very eager to please and aggressively pursued great players to question/discuss their careers. That all disappeared over time in Seattle. Perhaps he reverted back to eagerly pursuing success instead of dictating his own terms. If so, maybe a come-back...??? I can't say I expect it: see it/believe it kind of thing. RCWs greatest roadblock (in my unqualified opinion/ has been his ego. If he's actually accepted that he needs help and isn't good on his own, maybe....

I'm curious: What, in your opinion, would RCW need to do in order to revert back to a "good" NFL QB?

To me the behavior is strange. It has nothing to do with an attitude where somoene is looking to learn. Pleasing and learning dont necessarily go hand in hand. I can't imagine in his 11th year, Manning, Brady, Rodgers, ... any established, top flight, elite player at their position trying so hard to engratiate themselves to their superiors or so obsessively following an idol of theirs.

Both Brees and SP have remarked that Russ's behavior is excessive in his trying to hit up Brees for advice. The obsessive following and pleasing at this stage of his career? You learn and grow in High School and college in a different way than you do when youre twice a lifetime removed from those periods. Maturity, personal growth, awareness, experience... they all SHOULD help one evolve their way of engaging with the world around them and improving one's self.

The more I see of Russ, the more I see a kid in man's clothes. His temper tantrum at the end of 2020. His over the top slighted feelings at 'discovering' the FO had considered moving on from him - every player in the league goes through that eventually, or had to cope with their replacement waiting in the wings. Russ didn't have the emotional Maturity to just deal with it. He got angry, withdrew, and took his proverbial ball and left.
And how he handled his move to Denver and time in Denver... all smacks of immaturity and zero awareness. The shallow deceit and lies - its kind of comical in a way.

What do I think he needs to do to fix it? Maturing? Being more accountable? Taking an honest assessment of himself rather than stalking another player for tips on how to play the game better? Focusing on going quiet and studying his butt off and learning / growing and not looking for recognition for it, rather than broadcasting every weight he lifts and squat he does.

But I don't think he can do that. Russell is Russell. He's gonna ride the horse that got him here to the end. I don't see it changing.

strohmin

Reaction score

Nope, this is classic Russ trying to show off how dedicated he is. In his mind, he thinks he is Kobe annoying Michael Jordan with questions to be great. In my eyes, Russ used to be genuine about wanting to be great. Now he seems like a huge poser.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Nope, this is classic Russ trying to show off how dedicated he is. In his mind, he thinks he is Kobe annoying Michael Jordan with questions to be great. In my eyes, Russ used to be genuine about wanting to be great. Now he seems like a huge poser.
Russ is very very douche like. So glad he's gone.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
How many years has he played?
You got all that time and technology but you haven't learned much.
Meh..Same thing(s) with him just a different year.

toffee

Reaction score
It's a clear display of Wilson's fragile psyche and two girls living inside: little Wilma and her alter ego big Wilma. I think Sean Payton is one lucky dude, last season humbled Wilson, now Payton gets to deal with that eager to please, too nice to be true little Wilma. If the season goes well, Payton will wake up one day and find little Wilma gone, replace by big Wilma.

Carroll experienced but little and big Wilma, Hackett only experienced big Wilma.

LOL, I really don't know what I am talking about.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Man...I am glad all the idiots and obsessed haters have gathered in one spot so I can address you all at once. Talk about the most useless post and thread ever invented. In the spirit of getting kicked out again...

Russ' really bad season 3500 yds, 16 yds, 11 int. Pretty much on par for every russ season besides tds. Moving on...
Geno smith (probowler) threw 11 ints last year too! I like what Geno did last year. Let's see what this year brings before we crown him out of hate for russ. Lamar Jackson...just got paid...threw for 2300 yards total! Oh man...but he is a running QB...no comparison. Ok...just got paid like a pocket passer. He barely gets 17 tds a year without running tds.
Jalen hurts went to superbowl last year...threw for a whooping 200 yards more than russ and had 22 tds. Wow. Really bad season by russ.
Continue-tua had a great year last year, but had to get waddle and hill to do that. Jimmy garappolo, Stafford, Mayfield is starting again. As long as Winston has lasted in this league after throwing dam near 30 int in back to back seasons? Russ was sacked 55 times last year. More then any Seattle year. Juedy had 14 drops to lead the league last year and included several quit routes. Same with courtland Sutton. Terrible receivers.

I'm not making excuses for russ. He played poorly last year. But what you guys are doing is next level girlfriend sabotage. I saw a post talking about the broncos offensive line and predicting it would back up their all knowing-ness to say the media would eventually blame the offensive line instead of russ Wilson like it's all his fault and football is a one man game. Referencing broncos vs cards preseason game. Did you even watch the game numb nuts...one of the first plays Wilson had a free rusher in his face! Untouched!!!

This site is calling out specific players by citing team statistics to justify their weak ass stance on said specific player like no one else plays defense with him. It's just him. Ignorance.

I can keep going guys, but I'll let you do the work, even though you won't. Because you can't admit you are wrong or indecent. Because I guess to school girls it's fun to still hate on someone who isn't on your team anymore. Obsessively talk about one man like you actually know him. Like your not a bunch of keyboard worn out ninjas, or booger picking ass scratching fat couch potatoes. Or if your keasley you act like you saw this coming. Ms Cleo of .net. haha.

I would want to be gone to if I had to hear people talk about me they way you guys do. ******* ridiculous!!! Bye the way...Pete and John tried traded russ way before he was ever gone in Seattle. I know you guys know that, so stop with all the russ just picked up his bags and left shit. You wanted him gone, so he did. Real man shit.

Glad I could be here though. Tons of fun!!!

keasley45

Reaction score
Man...I am glad all the idiots and obsessed haters have gathered in one spot so I can address you all at once. Talk about the most useless post and thread ever invented. In the spirit of getting kicked out again...

Russ' really bad season 3500 yds, 16 yds, 11 int. Pretty much on par for every russ season besides tds. Moving on...
Geno smith (probowler) threw 11 ints last year too! I like what Geno did last year. Let's see what this year brings before we crown him out of hate for russ. Lamar Jackson...just got paid...threw for 2300 yards total! Oh man...but he is a running QB...no comparison. Ok...just got paid like a pocket passer. He barely gets 17 tds a year without running tds.
Jalen hurts went to superbowl last year...threw for a whooping 200 yards more than russ and had 22 tds. Wow. Really bad season by russ.
Continue-tua had a great year last year, but had to get waddle and hill to do that. Jimmy garappolo, Stafford, Mayfield is starting again. As long as Winston has lasted in this league after throwing dam near 30 int in back to back seasons? Russ was sacked 55 times last year. More then any Seattle year. Juedy had 14 drops to lead the league last year and included several quit routes. Same with courtland Sutton. Terrible receivers.

I'm not making excuses for russ. He played poorly last year. But what you guys are doing is next level girlfriend sabotage. I saw a post talking about the broncos offensive line and predicting it would back up their all knowing-ness to say the media would eventually blame the offensive line instead of russ Wilson like it's all his fault and football is a one man game. Referencing broncos vs cards preseason game. Did you even watch the game numb nuts...one of the first plays Wilson had a free rusher in his face! Untouched!!!

This site is calling out specific players by citing team statistics to justify their weak ass stance on said specific player like no one else plays defense with him. It's just him. Ignorance.

I can keep going guys, but I'll let you do the work, even though you won't. Because you can't admit you are wrong or indecent. Because I guess to school girls it's fun to still hate on someone who isn't on your team anymore. Obsessively talk about one man like you actually know him. Like your not a bunch of keyboard worn out ninjas, or booger picking ass scratching fat couch potatoes. Or if your keasley you act like you saw this coming. Ms Cleo of .net. haha.

I would want to be gone to if I had to hear people talk about me they way you guys do. ******* ridiculous!!! Bye the way...Pete and John tried traded russ way before he was ever gone in Seattle. I know you guys know that, so stop with all the russ just picked up his bags and left shit. You wanted him gone, so he did. Real man shit.

Ahhh. NOW I see the source of the anger in my post about Bush being concussed. Sorry Russ isn't on the team anymore. And sorry he turned put to be who he is. You should take some solice in the fact that the level of Russ 'hate' (ie no longer being blind) is growing on the Denver fan forums. I'll admit the attacks on the dudes wife / family is outside the bounds of the game and I personally don't think she has anything to do with his poor play. But there are memes of him because he makes a meme of himself. There isn't a thing that people rag on him about that he hasn't willingly put out there for the world to remark on. High Knees on an airplane? Dumb. Ripping off his foundation to pay his friends? Unconscionable. Throwing his past FO and coaches under the bus? Lacking in any moral ground. Requesting his own office and personal staff? Idiotic. Entirely moronic Subway commercials ( so moronic that Subeay pulled the sandwich entirely)? Just beyond stupid. Broadcasting his Sunday church service with pictures of he and his family kneeling? I think I learned in Sunday school that you shouldn't seek profit for your belief in God. C'mon

And the list goes on.

You wanna be mad and attack someone, be mad at him. Don't be mad at folks having an opinion about it. And don't get all angry because it's been shown, again, by him, that his game was never as great as it was thought to be from a QBing perspective. He was a great football player. No doubt. But your stance that he was the greatest we've ever had and that somehow his statistical prowess (stats garnered by virtue of a system tailored to his play and a team philosophy that allowed him to floursih as mush as we benefited from him) should indebt us to him to the degree that his OBVIOUS flaws can't be discussed, is just dumb.
You claim to root for ALL seahawk players? Maybe you do. But it's obvious you hold one above all others.

RiverDog

Reaction score
If it's such a useless thread, why are you patronizing it?

As evidenced by the 32 pages of comments and still growing, there's still a lot of pent-up anger over how Russell left our team and the person he's become, and it's likely to take several years for some of us to get over those sentiments. Speaking for myself, I've pretty much moved on, so my active participation in this thread has waned somewhat. But I completely understand why some people haven't gotten over it. Russell is arguably the most controversial player to ever have donned the blue and green.

Having a thread like this where posters can come in and vent their frustrations helps keep those emotions from interfering with other more relevant discussions. It's also highly entertaining as some of the comments are truly hilarious. IMO it's far from useless.

strohmin

Reaction score

You are in fact making excuses for Russ by blindly just following stats instead of watching him play. The fact is Russell will get his stats in chunks on mostly broken plays. However, his play is so inconsistent that most games he'll play terrible for 3 quarters but light it up in 1 quarter. His play style will always make him look like a star while the rest of the team suffers. Take a look at how many sacks he has and the Time of possession disparity in most of the games he plays in. His WRs may drop passes but he shouldnt be missing open receivers with how much money he is getting paid and how much experience he supposedly has.

If you are in love with Russell that much then go ahead and root for him in Denver as his groupie with all the other Russell groupies while I continue to hate on him like a scorned ex. I am very glad he is gone but at the same time, I enjoy watching him fail because he turned into a snake and a tool.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Ahhh. NOW I see the source of the anger in my post about Bush being concussed. Sorry Russ isn't on the team anymore. And sorry he turned put to be who he is. You should take some solice in the fact that the level of Russ 'hate' (ie no longer being blind) is growing on the Denver fan forums. I'll admit the attacks on the dudes wife / family is outside the bounds of the game and I personally don't think she has anything to do with his poor play. But there are memes of him because he makes a meme of himself. There isn't a thing that people rag on him about that he hasn't willingly put out there for the world to remark on. High Knees on an airplane? Dumb. Ripping off his foundation to pay his friends? Unconscionable. Throwing his past FO and coaches under the bus? Lacking in any moral ground. Requesting his own office and personal staff? Idiotic. Entirely moronic Subway commercials ( so moronic that Subeay pulled the sandwich entirely)? Just beyond stupid. Broadcasting his Sunday church service with pictures of he and his family kneeling? I think I learned in Sunday school that you shouldn't seek profit for your belief in God. C'mon

And the list goes on.

You wanna be mad and attack someone, be mad at him. Don't be mad at folks having an opinion about it. And don't get all angry because it's been shown, again, by him, that his game was never as great as it was thought to be from a QBing perspective. He was a great football player. No doubt. But your stance that he was the greatest we've ever had and that somehow his statistical prowess (stats garnered by virtue of a system tailored to his play and a team philosophy that allowed him to floursih as mush as we benefited from him) should indebt us to him to the degree that his OBVIOUS flaws can't be discussed, is just dumb.
You claim to root for ALL seahawk players? Maybe you do. But it's obvious you hold one above all others.

If Russell’s wife wanted privacy, she would not be appearing on his Twitter nearly nude to sell everything from perfume to Jesus. And if he cared about his kids’ privacy he would not be promoting lavish birthday parties complete with anacondas. I only refer to them in relation to what Russell says.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
If it's such a useless thread, why are you patronizing it?

As evidenced by the 32 pages of comments and still growing, there's still a lot of pent-up anger over how Russell left our team and the person he's become, and it's likely to take several years for some of us to get over those sentiments. Speaking for myself, I've pretty much moved on, so my active participation in this thread has waned somewhat. But I completely understand why some people haven't gotten over it. Russell is arguably the most controversial player to ever have donned the blue and green.

Having a thread like this where posters can come in and vent their frustrations helps keep those emotions from interfering with other more relevant discussions. It's also highly entertaining as some of the comments are truly hilarious. IMO it's far from useless.

It's not so much pent up anger as it is watching a train wreck in slow motion. I have zero anger, zero resentment, whatever it is, about Russ leaving. I'm glad he's gone.

It's just fun to watch the train wreck that is his Denver career. The fact that the Broncs are our old AFC West rivals just makes it that much more sweeter.

Really nothing more to it than that. I suspect that's the case for the majority of us here.

RiverDog

Reaction score
It's not so much pent up anger as it is watching a train wreck in slow motion. I have zero anger, zero resentment, whatever it is, about Russ leaving. I'm glad he's gone.

It's just fun to watch the train wreck that is his Denver career. The fact that the Broncs are our old AFC West rivals just makes it that much more sweeter.

Really nothing more to it than that. I suspect that's the case for the majority of us here.
Yeah, anger might not have been the best term to describe the emotions for all of us fans as I'm sure that it varies from person to person, but it's the best I could come up with. I'm not sure if there's a generic term that would be more appropriate.

I'm glad Russell's gone, too. Not only had his play started to diminish, I began to grow very tired of his personality and felt that he was refusing to take responsibility for his/our problems, like holding onto the ball for an eternity, failing to take his check down, then blaming his OL when the protection finally broke down.

But I'm not rooting for him to fail. Rather, it's an interesting drama to watch unfold. Unless a contest has a direct impact on our success or failure (and yes, I know that we own their 3rd round pick), I really don't care if he wins the MVP or if he ends up being benched. I've purged my frustrations with him and have moved on.

That doesn't mean that I think everyone should feel the way I do. I completely understand the motivation for the sometimes very caustic comments being made about him in this thread.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Wow! Dressing like a slut for the win. Pretty sad.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Regarding how people comment on rw’s family. Russell has run his social media like a mini version of Netflix Quarterback featuring them, and my money is that he does Quarterback to make himself yet another reality tv infomercial, just as Patrick Mahomes did with Brittany, whom ppl also made fun of as a generally annoying person.