Russell Wilson for Aaron Rodgers?

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2xd2jcci said:
He already got tagged by the Santa Clara defense. Over....and....over.....and over again.

Yeah and got to the next level of playoffs doing it. Why you need an Elite QB right :)

ivotuk

Reaction score
Throwdown":3s3lwjur said:
SoulfishHawk":3s3lwjur said:
Ambrose is 100 percent on point. It's strange and laughable how many people just hate the guy.
But, it's grown old and tired.

Next

Ay if trying to gain clout off a dead man’s name in a cheesy hype video is your thing that’s cool I guess?

Or maybe a hype video about coming back from injury that you weren’t ready to come back from and got your dumb ass shut out in the first game back on the same day you dropped the stupid video is your thing that’s a bit odd but whatever.

Everything he does is for his brand, same with this on again off again stuff with wanting to leave but definitely not but i might leave.

It’s exhausting. He’s not that special to be doing all this.

It’s 2022 all athletes have foundations and do work in their communities, I was not talking about that stuff cuz it’s become run of the mill BS

I Love Russell, but his actions make me cringe. He has no business sense about him as his actions (underlined and bolded) are destroying his credibility.

He sees Aron Rodgers squawking, and follows suit trying to gain power within the Seahawks org.

HUGE differences in situations. Green Bay is owned by it's fans, and they can be fickle. Green Bay ignored the need for a WR and threw away a pick trading up for a QB when they already have one of the best on their team. All he needs is another good WR to take the heat off of Davante.

So Rodgers is rightfully pissed, the fans are rightfully pissed because picks were wasted on a QB that may never be a starter. GB may have won that game if they had another 1st round WR to throw to...

Russell is making a fool of himself, and it's probably at Mark Rogers behest, a man that's enjoying his new(ish) found notoriety, and knows absolutely nothing about football.

Oh, and Russell, one more thing, the Seahawks are run by Jody Allen, a tough, shrewd, businesswoman who will NOT be held hostage by a QB, and a woman that Russell could learn a thing or two about "Brand" from.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I mean, if all things are equal as far as salary, cap ramifications, etc. I'd take Rodgers over Wilson at this point in both their careers.

Some of you guys are acting like Russ is amazing in the playoffs. Dude's stunk in the playoffs since his RB and elite defense evaporated.

So if you're going to do a TD dance on Rodgers losing yesterday, you better be equally critical of Russell's playoff performances.

3-5 since 2015, and should be 2-6 if Blair Walsh doesn't have one of the biggest choke jobs in NFL playoff history.

I hate Rodgers, he's a d-bag of biblical proportions. But he's arguably the most consistently great QB of all time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He is phenomenal. But still 11-10 in the playoffs and ONE Super Bowl. Also, 1-4 in Championship games.
Dude is not perfect, at all. Sure gets treated like it. He lost a game at HOME, with a week off, to a team that scored 6 POINTS on offense. But...but....MVP.....
And no, I'm not claiming Russ is better than Rodgers. But Rodgers isn't nearly as clutch year after year as everyone makes him out to be. Again, amazing QB. He looked like absolute garbage this weekend. Seems like he should be blasted for it too.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
If Russell doesn't want to be a Seahawk anymore, then yes.

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2zd8vhbt said:
I mean, if all things are equal as far as salary, cap ramifications, etc. I'd take Rodgers over Wilson at this point in both their careers.

Some of you guys are acting like Russ is amazing in the playoffs. Dude's stunk in the playoffs since his RB and elite defense evaporated.

So if you're going to do a TD dance on Rodgers losing yesterday, you better be equally critical of Russell's playoff performances.

3-5 since 2015, and should be 2-6 if Blair Walsh doesn't have one of the biggest choke jobs in NFL playoff history.

I hate Rodgers, he's a d-bag of biblical proportions. But he's arguably the most consistently great QB of all time.

Since 2010 Rodgers is 7-9 in the playoffs with 0 conference championships, 0 Super Bowl appearances, and 0 Super Bowl wins.

He's been, for the most part, consistently great in the regular season. The playoffs? Not so much. Unless you consider making it to the Super Bowl only once in his entire career great.

NINEster

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2m3tm3n4 said:
Ambrose is 100 percent on point. It's strange and laughable how many people just hate the guy.
But, it's grown old and tired.

Next

Wilson's off the field persona is corny and easy to make fun of, but if I was a Hawk fan I'd be pissed at him being responsible for the division of the team at the height of its success.

He's a superior QB to Garoppolo, and yet Wilson will never be loved as a teammate like Jimmy G. Ask Sherman, he'll tell you.

I'm happy for it, because maybe the Seahawks could have won more Super Bowls if his personality was better.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Chapow":2v613p90 said:
Sgt. Largent":2v613p90 said:

Since 2010 Rodgers is 7-9 in the playoffs with 0 conference championships, 0 Super Bowl appearances, and 0 Super Bowl wins.

He's been, for the most part, consistently great in the regular season. The playoffs? Not so much. Unless you consider making it to the Super Bowl only once in his entire career great.

Not a fan of Rodgers by any means, but you may want to recheck your statement as it's factually wrong. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201102060pit.htm

James in PA

Reaction score
Remember when most people called Russ a top 5 QB? There was a time when some were even calling him Top 3. Now the best you see is "top 10." He's regressing. I don't see him ever back in the top 3 or 5 conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
James in PA":3lqb0cw5 said:
Remember when most people called Russ a top 5 QB? There was a time when some were even calling him Top 3. Now the best you see is "top 10." He's regressing. I don't see him ever back in the top 3 or 5 conversation.

he got hurt and played injured
example before the season

PFF had him ranked 4
NFL had him ranked 2nd
CBS Sports had him ranked 2n

the only question is can he come back 100% from the injury. If the last 2 games are any indication the answer is yes. But we will see.

Most of the one sI see for after the season still has him ranked any place from 7th-12th all with the caveat of the injury.

Throwdown

Reaction score
James in PA":17sb2o6h said:

He probably still could be, but the brand of football he wants to play isn’t for him.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
James in PA":w92l8vf4 said:

Partly due to regression and partly due to the 4 young QBs in the AFC who have or are quickly passing him by. They're better pure passers, save Allen and they can run at their size.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
John63":kmx4mzs3 said:
James in PA":kmx4mzs3 said:

he got hurt and played injured
example before the season

PFF had him ranked 4
NFL had him ranked 2nd
CBS Sports had him ranked 2n

the only question is can he come back 100% from the injury. If the last 2 games are any indication the answer is yes. But we will see.

Most of the one sI see for after the season still has him ranked any place from 7th-12th all with the caveat of the injury.
NFL and CBS had him as number 2? In what? Who was ranking him above Mahomes, Brady, and Rodgers (or at least 2 out of the 3)? You have a link to this because I don't buy for a second anyone calling Russ the 2nd best QB in the NFL ever, let alone before this season.

At any rate, I don't believe Russ is likely to ever end up 'Top 5' again though he might sit on the periphery as a 5/6 candidate if Brady does retire this year. He's still not better than Rodgers on the field but, as I already said before, I would never want Seahawks to trade him for A-a-ron. Plus, I expect Rodgers to start regressing (in the regular season, not just the playoffs) in the next year or two.

5thgen

Reaction score
In your dreams Rogers would come here. I'd give 3 Wilsons for one Roger any day.

John63

Reaction score
5thgen":1zm6dx8g said:
In your dreams Rogers would come here. I'd give 3 Wilsons for one Roger any day.

No thanks

toffee

Reaction score
There is an opening in Tampa Bay, they are looking for a QB to step in. How could Rodgers not be interested? In fact, how could any elite QBs not be interested to take over where Brady left off? The team is super bowl ready, 3 points from super bowl.

OP
OP
M

Mizak

Reaction score
toffee":1dhbrbod said:
There is an opening in Tampa Bay, they are looking for a QB to step in. How could Rodgers not be interested? In fact, how could any elite QBs not be interested to take over where Brady left off? The team is super bowl ready, 3 points from super bowl.

You think Rodgers gets traded there and Davonte Adams signs there as a Free Agent? IF true, instant Super Bowl favorites.