Roster cut announcements have begun

hawk45

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":16dc41k1 said:
TwistedHusky":16dc41k1 said:
Darboh is worthless.

This year's Alex Collins.

I am calling it.

Every year we love to waste a roster spot on a guy that should barely even get a PS spot because he was drafted above the 5th round.

This year, that guy is Darboh. Not happy about losing Williams but really unhappy we are keeping Darboh.

Darboh should have gotten cut today. It is going to be interesting to see this guy on the field screwing our offense out of potential opportunities to move the sticks. Whatever.

Yes, we're going to fall short of the Super Bowl because of Amara Darboh. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I thought Williams did enough to earn a spot but yeah, considering we're talking about the position that Kearse vanished at all season last year, our hopes don't ride on it. When PRich gets hurt maybe we see McEvoy. Or maybe Darboh goes out there and disappear like Kearse. I can see it puzzling that we keep Darboh but they spent a third on him, many many stranger things have happened.

harryjohnson

Reaction score
Seymour":3i1ie3r3 said:
harryjohnson":3i1ie3r3 said:
AustrianHawk":3i1ie3r3 said:
Woah

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/904108419916881920[/tweet]

Feel that way fine. Just stfu about it. Smh

Exactly.

Sounds like #25 is "all in" with his coaching staff once again. :roll:

Red meat for the east coast press.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
cymatica":eqxzwilm said:
Is the Darboh hate based off all-22 or tv footage? Maybe he did some good things off the camera

As for me, it's not hate whatsoever. I actually like Amara Darboh as a player and a person quite a lot. I LOVE his story. I LOVE what he showed as a player in college. He was absolutely clutch at times and did so on the biggest stages. That 4th down catch he made against Ohio State was freaking amazing. I hope he does well here.

BUT ... I'm reacting based solely on how he did in Preseason vs. how Kasen Williams did. And based solely upon performance on the field ... I cannot make a case for Darboh making the 53 Man Roster over Kasen Williams. I just flat out can't.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
im sick. kasen will get scooped up in a heartbeat too.

darboh better be amazing or im gonna start a riot

and fwiw it says alot that a top 3 corner in this game (that goes up against our receivers every day in practice) is angered about this decision to cut kasen. he knows kasen has upped his game to a higher level

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Alright...JS and PC do too many things well to bitch about a WR4, so I'm done worrying about KW.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
McEvoy is versatile and occasionally produces a flash play - but let's hope we can depend on him regularly. I haven't seen it. Not sure I would bet much on putting more weight on his shoulders but you never know.

Losing Kearse and then having to depend on McEvoy is probably going to hurt our offense. And god knows that when we get stuck with Darboh in there it is only going to get worse.

I don't get where all this supposed 'wr depth' is. I sure as hell don't see it.

Remember all the 'RB depth' we had last year before the real games started? How did that work out?

hawk45

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2yyg8p9x said:
When Richardson gets injured, and we have problems moving the chains because none of our WRs besides Baldwin or Lockett can get first downs for us - just remember your concern.

Keeping Alex Collins cost us 2 games last year. It isn't out of bounds that keeping a worthless WR that can barely produce against the 2s might hurt you in real games. Not just a WR issue either, Desir losing a roster spot especially, because he is a serviceable CB that we are very likely going to need if any of our secondary goes down for a few downs or a few games.

When we continually have problems scoring in the RZ because we need a big bodied WR and because our OC is too stupid to figure out how to use Graham, just remember you pointed out that keeping Darboh won't matter. Keeping a worthless player takes up a roster spot that a player that could have contributed could have had.

Not getting those contributions can lose you games, especially when you lose a starter for a few snaps and need players off the bench to step up.

How did keeping Collins cost us games? Was our 3rd string tailback the issue or was it the fact that the rest of them got hurt? I mean I really think Collins is useless but this is a stretch.

You have Lockett, Doug, and Graham to throw to in addition to WR3 whoever that ends up being if PRich can't stay healthy. If we can't score in the red zone I won't be placing blame on Darboh.

I understand and even share the bewilderment at this cut but a position that our season rises or falls on it is as much an overreaction as the idea it rose or fell on AC last year.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":7hbmf3sa said:
Alright...JS and PC do too many things well to bitch about a WR4, so I'm done worrying about KW.

thats a cute antidote but once again they are counting on prich and lockett to last a full season, when both are banged up or out already and season still hasnt started yet, lmao. kasen earned his spot, and it didnt matter. maybe it comes down to club control with darboh, but he sure as heck didn't beat out kasen in gameplay. please be honest. kasen had the best preseason of any receiver in the nfl.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1ex8xlyz said:

WR4 is pretty generous. I always thought he was battling for WR5/6. I don't get the outrage, either. Need some perspective here. Sherm weighing in just fans the flames for really no good reason.

hawk45

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1r84dev1 said:
^^^ Nailed it.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1eztbro4 said:
Jazzhawk":1eztbro4 said:

WR4 is pretty generous. I always thought he was battling for WR5/6. I don't get the outrage, either. Need some perspective here. Sherm weighing in just fans the flames for really no good reason.
Well, that's your Coug perspective, but bottom line, it's not worth getting in a tizzy over.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If WR4 were not important, we wouldn't have them.

Interestingly enough, we even occasionally run 4 WR formations.

We will see, but it feels like we better hope we can win a lot of games 6-7 because of our DL, since our OC isn't exactly a mensa winner and guys like Darboh or Lawler might be on this team helping us to punt a little bit more often.

Edit: As for how Collins screwed us? Because we didn't keep a returner and he was supposedly on the roster to back up Rawls if Rawls was still injured (which he was). But not only could Collins not produce as a returner, he did nothing when we didn't have Rawls available - which killed drives and exhausted our defense.

Should we go back and look again at all the '2 Yards & a Cloud of What?' production that Collins brought us where an injured Wilson was facing consistently long yards to go? What about the long fields we had to drive for scores because our returners were essentially worthless, to the point we started using guys that should never be returning kicks?

Collins took a roster spot that a producing player would have had and he sucked up downs that a productive player should have gotten. Go back and watch the games to see how often using him shut down our offense and exhausted our defense.

netskier

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2re08fa0 said:
AustrianHawk":2re08fa0 said:
Woah

Yup. Even Richard Sherman himself can't believe it either.

Yeah. And Sherman our best CB has guarded all of these WR players in practice, so he deeply understands their strengths and weaknesses.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
seatownlowdown":3bto82ng said:
Jazzhawk":3bto82ng said:

thats a cute antidote but once again they are counting on prich and lockett to last a full season, when both are banged up or out already and season still hasnt started yet, lmao. kasen earned his spot, and it didnt matter. maybe it comes down to club control with darboh, but he sure as heck didn't beat out kasen in gameplay. please be honest. kasen had the best preseason of any receiver in the nfl.

Kasen has been on and off the Seahawks roster for like 3 years now. Teams arent lining up to sign him. I suspect he'll be back on the Seahawks roster at some point later this season. No big deal.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
With the Kasen cut, Always Compete is a flat myth now. The saying is about as meaningful as I'm in.

At least they used common sense keeping Davis. Boykin is garbage-I could care less if he's claimed.

hawk45

Reaction score
netskier":18ynf4sh said:
Hawkscanner":18ynf4sh said:
AustrianHawk":18ynf4sh said:
Woah

Yup. Even Richard Sherman himself can't believe it either.

Yeah. And Sherman our best CB has guarded all of these WR players in practice, so he deeply understands their strengths and weaknesses.

This would be the same Richard Sherman who trumpeted Tharold Simon as being on a trajectory to be better than Sherman?

Please.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Is there a final list somewhere? I realize it may change with trades, but I understood we had to be at 53 by 1pm today.

hawk45

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3bliez02 said:
Cut a potential WR5/6 from UW and everyone loses their minds.

joker-n05Y9SEZXJlcs

I'm a UW grad and even I don't think it has to do with his university. The guy showed out in pre-season and Darboh didn't, that's it.

I'm not reaching for the sleeping pills here but this has nothing to do with Husky bias.