Predict this years training camp superstar... who gets cut..

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Kam Chancellor. Man, that new contract is going to look bad, too.

(I'm actually nominating zero people for this 'award'. Too much attention is going to go to the embedded starters.)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
As if on Chancellor.

Suspect that all the rookies drafted in the 7th rd are at risk of being cut, though the team will try to move them to the PS. Ware will be kept and likely redshirt stashed somehow. Camp stars will be Winfield or Avril on D and Willson and Tate on O. Surprising cuts could be Farwell, McQuistan, TJack, Jeanpierre, Moffitt.

Injuries may make a difference to who is kept.

mikeak

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":eilovib2 said:
Tharold Simon. Good but not good enough to make a space on this roster, he'll be a Jaguar by kickoff of the first regular season game (and could be a starter there...hah!).

All the videos that I saw of this kid has him playing the ball. He turned his head, located the ball and remained step-by-step with the wrs as they made their moves. That is a skillset not every college player has since they are allowed to play facing the WR.

I think he makes the roster and is starting within 1-2 years. I think he will be the reasons BB won't be here after this contract......

mikeak

Reaction score
vin.couve12":vz4drb7t said:
SacHawk2.0":vz4drb7t said:
Surprise Star - Korey Toomer

Surprise Cut - Heath Farwell
Given Farwell's salary for ST only it wouldn't be surprising at all, from my point of view, but I agree with the former. Toomer has a big opportunity ahead of him on the strong side. He may even end up starting for at least the first 4-6 games or more depending on how fast Irvin can pick things up in learning to try an be a 3 down player.

Pretty sure that Irvin will not be a 3 down player the first four games :D

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Cartire":162d3eyn said:
drdiags":162d3eyn said:
Spencer Ware.

Just cannot see him replacing MRob. I think they try putting him on the PS, he may not make it.

I want to keep spencer so bad. But there is just no way you take a leader like mike rob off the field. And I can't see how this team can hold 2FB's.

With the Seahawks' emphasis on the run, I don't think it's out of the question for the team to keep 5 backs.

sutz

Reaction score
It's not just M-Rob. If we keep 5 backs, could that mean one less WR?

Difficult decisions.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":3528f9vr said:
Tharold Simon. Good but not good enough to make a space on this roster, he'll be a Jaguar by kickoff of the first regular season game (and could be a starter there...hah!).

No way, Humblethug can't get cut!

Cartire

Reaction score
Barthawk":1zt6seh1 said:
Surprise cut: Mebane

Camp stud: Jesse Williams

Hahaha. Our #1 DT cut. I want whatever your taking. It must be a great trip.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
My bold prediction is that Mike Rob's getting cut this year and hopefully I am wrong. Reason behind my thinking is that he is getting paid decent amount of money and we need salary cap room to resign our young superstars like Sherman and Earl. Those positions are definitely more hard to replace.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
Honestly, out of all the rookies, as long as Ware and Simon are still on the team. I dont care which ones get cut. Even if its all of them but Ware and Simon. Geaux Hawks.

SDHawk

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":jl09jkok said:
My bold prediction is that Mike Rob's getting cut this year and hopefully I am wrong. Reason behind my thinking is that he is getting paid decent amount of money and we need salary cap room to resign our young superstars like Sherman and Earl. Those positions are definitely more hard to replace.

Mike Rob's leadership is hard to replace.

NorthVanHawker

Reaction score
Brady Quinn...Cut...Did anyone watch him last year in KC??? He's awful...T-Jax is a much better option!

Christine Michael.....Hope he's a STUD.. :)

Barthawk

Reaction score
Cartire":1ijvmefw said:
Barthawk":1ijvmefw said:

Since we are making baseless assumptions.. why not speculate about the guy who is the oldest and has the 2nd largest salary.. I would think both Hill and Williams would have to absolutely shine for this to happen.. but Wilson did win the QB spot last season..

I love Mebane.. bought my daughter his Jersey.. but he is due 5M this season and letting him go results in 5M of cap space immediately.. all of his guaranteed $$$ has been paid up already

I am making this assumption on the fact that we should extend Earl, Tate or Browner before the season gets started too.. most likely Earl.. we gotta pay Sherm, Okung, and RW in the next two years..

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4367/brandon-mebane

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Surprise Star: Tjack

Surprise Cut: Wilson

I honestly don't see a 'surprise' star emerging. Too many starting spots are filled. Who ever takes the slot WR position might be the biggest surprise star.

Sac

Reaction score
Barthawk":3tqinmj6 said:
Cartire":3tqinmj6 said:
Barthawk":3tqinmj6 said:

Since we are making baseless assumptions.. why not speculate about the guy who is the oldest and has the 2nd largest salary.. I would think both Hill and Williams would have to absolutely shine for this to happen.. but Wilson did win the QB spot last season..

I love Mebane.. bought my daughter his Jersey.. but he is due 5M this season and letting him go results in 5M of cap space immediately.. all of his guaranteed $$$ has been paid up already

I am making this assumption on the fact that we should extend Earl, Tate or Browner before the season gets started too.. most likely Earl.. we gotta pay Sherm, Okung, and RW in the next two years..

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4367/brandon-mebane

If Hill and Williams looked like Pro Bowlers they still wouldn't cut Mebane. Trade maybe, but certainly not cut.